View Poll Results: Should I get the IPhone??

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Get rid of the Storm and get the IPhone!

16 32.00%
  • Wait and see what will happen with the Storm.

34 68.00%
    it depends.... how important is cellphone service? AT&T does not compare to verizon....

IMHO i would take an iphone in a heartbeat, but we cant afford to spend the extra money and fees, plus everyone we know is on verizon....

another thing is that we get a great amount of AT&T service around here, but it still does not compare to verizon's....

even in the building where i get hardly 1 bar with the verizon network, all the others can't get just that 1 bar.

My phone was also able to get internet access underground in Washington DC and even some bars in NYC subway.

----------------------------------------
    If the iphone was with verizon, we would know who the winner is, but i would just look at the service and area around you and see if the iphone works in all the places you will be.... it shouldnt be too much of a problem, but you really cant compete with verizon's cellular signals...
    05-29-09 10:59 PM
    People who ask what phone they should get just don't know what they want so how are we supposed to know. If you want a crap network and a toy, go for the iPhone. If you want a strong network and a BlackBerry, stay with the Storm or switch to a Curve. It's your choice.
    i really disagree with this statement, there's no reason to call AT&T's service crap.. in my area its actually quite good, i have better 3G coverage with my iPhone than i ever did with my storm and the browser is much much faster on the iPhone's 3g than the Storm on Verizon's 3G...so its absolutely not a crap network.
    05-30-09 09:37 AM
    I have had the storm since the day it came out and lets just say I have had a few problems! I am on my six storm. I have had it. What do you guys think??????
    absolutely go with an iPhone.. i went through 3 storms before i switched to the apple and it blows my storm out of the water in the areas that are most significant to me.. -> txting, browser, and medical reference apps. its a great device you wont ever look back to the berries...
    05-30-09 09:41 AM
    Didn't you hear the pre is coming to Verizon. I'd get that instead of an Iphone in a heartbeat.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:31 AM
    Wait for Storm2/Odin!!!!
    05-30-09 10:33 AM
    Personally, I think there are too many phones, information on up coming phones coming between mid June and around November to determine which phone to get. There's going to be a new iPhone (why switch now for the current one when a new one is on the horizon?), at Apples wwdc on June 8th we should hear a little something about what Verizon and Apple have been doing, the Palm Pre is supposed to be on Verizon by the end of the year, there's also the rumored Microsoft and Verizon phone thats coming (think the new Zune HD maybe?) and so on and so on.

These things alone has me sticking it out a bit with the Storm with hopes it just gets better before I make a decision on what the next best phone may or may not be (also there's the Storm 2 we KNOW is coming). By November there should be more information on all of these things. I would say go back to your old phone or just wait it out a bit before making a decision.
    05-30-09 10:43 AM
    Remember, he's asking what he should do, not what you would do. I personally have no major complaints about my phone, no major hardware issues. Yes there are still bugs, yes there is room for improvement, but I'm satisfied.

The OP, however, is on his SIXTH Storm, still has issues that make him dissatisfied with the phone. To me, this is a clear indication that his issues are not going to be resolved and he should move on to something else. The horse isn't going to be any more dead no matter how much it's beaten.
    05-30-09 11:03 AM
    I love my storm. I also love my ipod touch. which is why I use both. However, I have wifi most places I go (especially with the new verizom MiFi2200 unit I picked up to replace my wireless card, which provides mobile wifi to up to 5 devices)... Therefore, i have all the functionality of an iphone in my ipod touch (apps, make and and receive phone calls and text messages) but I dont pay service for it. So if u dont mind carrying two devices, then that is the configuration I would recommend. No need to buy and Iphone
    05-30-09 11:45 AM
    storm>iphone now that i use the leaked/beta software
    05-30-09 05:23 PM
    depends the games & apps are way better on the iphone
    05-30-09 05:31 PM
    if you want games go buy yourself a PSP or a NDS
    05-31-09 08:51 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD