I have an upgrade this month. I currently have a storm and I was thinking about a droid x and a Storm 2. I really am loyal to blackberry but the droid has a lot to offer but is a very complicated device. I played with the storm 2 and its a lot like my storm. I wanted to know. Does the storm 2 that much different than the 1? Is it better at things like copy and paste? That is a mother to use on my storm. I know it has a few features like wifi. Should I wait for RIM to throw me a bone with OS6? I don't know what to do! By the way, this would be an early upgrade. If I upgrade now can I do an early upgrade every year or do I have to wait two years to upgrade again? Thanks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-10 10:29 PM
    If you like surepress and can get a deal get a storm 2. If you prefer an open os and want better apps and a better browser now go with android. I love my storm2 but wanted to give you a non biased answer

Last edited by rts3k; 07-14-10 at 07:12 AM.
    07-13-10 10:44 PM
    do you get 30days phone exchange? any fee for return change phone?
    07-14-10 02:55 AM
    I love my Storm 2. Have had it for several months now... Had a Storm 1 for 2 abt 2 years and had many problems with it. The 2 is much faster, has twice the memory (which is why, I believe, I've had fewer problems ... more head room for programs to run) and the sure press works flawlessly! I too have looked at some of the new phones... but I would miss the Storm... or any Blackberry for that matter... the email, the BBM, texting... camera is pretty good for a phone (good glass) and serves most of my needs. Using Documents to Go pro version is a great advantage.. although I think you can get that on other phones.... anyway... it's not gonna be easy... but in one sentence... the storm 2 is much better in my opinion, than the storm 1.
    07-14-10 01:17 PM
    I have an upgrade this month. I currently have a storm and I was thinking about a droid x and a Storm 2. I really am loyal to blackberry but the droid has a lot to offer but is a very complicated device. I played with the storm 2 and its a lot like my storm. I wanted to know. Does the storm 2 that much different than the 1? Is it better at things like copy and paste? That is a mother to use on my storm. I know it has a few features like wifi. Should I wait for RIM to throw me a bone with OS6? I don't know what to do! By the way, this would be an early upgrade. If I upgrade now can I do an early upgrade every year or do I have to wait two years to upgrade again? Thanks

Assuming you meet the requirements for the one year upgrade at the two year price, you can do it every year.

Using the Android OS isn't very difficult. It's learning curve is about the same as it was when first using a Blackberry, shorter now that you understand the concept of multitasking.

My roommate has an Incredible and using copy and paste is significantly easier than the BB, not jumpy at all but it's not as flexible (you place the cursor somewhere and hit select text, the cursor is anchored in place and another one appears that you can move, with Blackberry you can move both, although it's very jumpy and sloppy), just like it was on the Storm1, the problem with copy and paste doesn't lie with the phone but with the software.

Why not keep your current Storm and get a Droid X, you got 30 days to decide if you like it or not, if you don't, take it back and wait for a suitable OS6 device to land on Verizon...if you want a touchscreen, you'd probably have to wait until November or so when a new Storm usually comes out. The slider Blackberry thats on OS6 isn't going to be on Verizon.

I had the Storm1, the biggest advantages is double memory (I would have horribly low memory with the S1, never had that problem with the S2 and I've owned it since the day it launched), WiFi, and I can type like nobody's business on the S2.
    07-14-10 01:32 PM
    Since you have the storm, I wouldn't upgrade the storm2 this late in the game..I like my storm2 but honestly I think the droid X> storm2...

07-14-10 01:45 PM
    As a S2 owner, I wouldn't suggest getting one now.
    Too late in the cycle.
    I'd wait the next 4 months out and see what they do.
    07-14-10 03:30 PM
    Since you have the storm, I wouldn't upgrade the storm2 this late in the game..I like my storm2 but honestly I think the droid X> storm2...

As a S2 owner, I wouldn't suggest getting one now.
    Too late in the cycle.
    I'd wait the next 4 months out and see what they do.
    It's SO hard to wait!
    07-14-10 05:01 PM
    You should at least try out a device you are interested in for 30 days. Don't use your upgrade on the Storm 2 at this point. It's a great phone but in 6 months or so who knows what will be available. Wait and get a used device and use your upgrade on the next flow of phones later in the year
    07-14-10 05:39 PM
    Wait and wait..... I say... just get whatever you have in mind. Life is short, enjoy while you can.
    07-14-10 06:16 PM
    how much memory is available to apps when the storm 2 is new out of the box? 100MB?
    07-15-10 04:05 PM
    Out of the box I believe I had about 110MB. But I have to agree with the other members. While the S2 is a definite improvement over the S1, I would wait to see what is coming down the road. I wouldn't burn an upgrade on it at this stage. Remember if you do upgrade, you have 30 days to try it. Go in the store and spend some time using the phones, ask questions. Don't buy on a whim.
    07-16-10 06:29 AM
    It's SO hard to wait!
    I know what you're saying. My NE2 was up in June 2009 and I was so tempted to jump from my Pearl to the Storm, but I held off until Oct 28th to order my Storm2! You're in the same boat, don't buy a Storm2 now when the newer model could be out by November...I LOVE my S2, but with the newer technology out now (Droid X) and coming (Storm3), you got a TOUGH decision. Good Luck!
    07-16-10 06:44 AM
    I'm in the same boat. Upgrade on the 21st. Love the Storm. Would like the features of a Droid but in reality a Storm does everything I want....easy TXT, very easy e-mail, GPS turn by turn, GPS golf apps, Facebook(at least the Storm 1 did it well), phone reception was very good, some game apps i liked, camera worked well(after updates), EASY LAYOUT!!
    The only thing that looks inviting on the DroidX to me is the 720p video. The other stuff is just BS to me.
    07-16-10 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD