I am and will be using my Storm more than any other handheld device I've owned. In addition to general smartphone and Blackberry capabilities, I'm streaming music and audio 8 hours a day in my work cubicle and using it as an MP3 player in the car an average of 1.5 hours/day. However, my storm will be plugged in at my cubicle or to a car charger while in use at these places. With this in mind, will I have to replace the battery often? Or will the fact that it will be plugged in and charging during these times have less effect on the battery. My nice new rubberized hard case would be a hassle to remove to frequently change the battery
    03-20-09 02:18 AM
    If plugged in for these stints (particularly in the office), I doubt that you'll need to change the battery at all.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-20-09 08:40 AM
    Lithium Ion batteries have lifetimes measured in terms of cycles, where one cycle is a complete drain-to-charge. Recharging prior to complete drain is considered a partial cycle. If a battery is rated for 400,000 cycles, you can quickly see that mutiple partial discharges/recharges will not kill the battery very soon.

With Lithium Ion batteries don't suddenly stop working. You will begin to see over time a gradual decrease in the amount of time the battery has adequate charge. This is usually the time to replace the battery.
    03-20-09 08:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD