search on youtube for iPhone screen scratch tests.. if you want more

there both glass screens?

glass is pretty much glass

I've seen too many threads on here where people debate whether the screen is glass or plastic. Having owned both the iPhone and Storm, I can say that the storm's screen does not have the same feel as the iPhone. I could use a microfiber and wipe the iphone screen clean and it looked like it did on day one.

Just the feel of using microfiber on the storm screen gave me a different feeling. Hard to explain, but the storm screen seems more porous and less like glass.
    12-12-08 10:25 PM
    Just get some sand, and DO IT! C'mon waiting for a confirmation.....
    12-13-08 12:41 AM
    why is everyone buying scree protectors if the phone doesnt even scratch?
    12-13-08 12:54 AM
    I did the scratch test right at the Verizon store tonight with my car keys. They looked at me like I was a freak. lol Needless to say I told them thanks but no thanks I don't need the screen protectors.

I've also did a drop test (NOT ON PURPOSE!!!! lol) from about waist high onto our hardward floor. Went into reboot mode but was fine.
    12-13-08 01:12 AM
    My new phone will be here on Tuesday. (Replacement) Should i do a screen scratch test? If it scatches and I sent it back that way could I have any problems? If not I will do it and take a nice video... but please be honest and dont say it'll be fine just say I make the video.

thank you.
    Yes, scratch your phone. We haven't seen anyone do that yet. Please post the video of the results. I sure hope that you dont have scratched on your phone when I view the results of your testing, because I wasn't convinced of the results of the last three that I viewed on Youtube.

GOod luck!
    12-13-08 01:20 AM
    I've seen too many threads on here where people debate whether the screen is glass or plastic. Having owned both the iPhone and Storm, I can say that the storm's screen does not have the same feel as the iPhone. I could use a microfiber and wipe the iphone screen clean and it looked like it did on day one.

Just the feel of using microfiber on the storm screen gave me a different feeling. Hard to explain, but the storm screen seems more porous and less like glass.

i have both sitting right here in front of me.. there both glass.. i dont know how I can prove this to people there both glass..

maybe there is residue on your screen from the present screen protectors or something that is causing it to not wipe clean both the storm and the iphone wipe clean identical to me with microfiber cloth I have sitting right here.. There has got to be something on there or something different because this is definitely glass..
    12-13-08 02:00 AM
    all of u are a bunch of babys let hm do what he wants.
    prices are so high but ur willing to pay right stfu!!!
    12-13-08 02:07 AM
    If you do it ill do it (syick) I love my bb storm even if it is scratch proof but whould be nice that way I can take the original plastic off I'm still no convinced
    That's why I'm always paranoid about were I put my phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 03:15 AM
    another contestant for Most Useless Thread Ever.

and diamonds aren't the only thing that can scratch glass.
    12-13-08 04:49 AM
    Post a video on you dropping on your head...that would be more interesting joking
    12-13-08 05:38 AM
    Viper, I say DO IT, except do it with a handful of "sand". We already know it won't scratch with metal & sharp objects. People have been saying that sand will scratch it up, sooooo why not do it? And if you do it, don't go easy on it, put some real "Grindage" to it man!
    OMG-

Even if it doesn't get scratched...

The Sand will go everyone in the phone!

If it gets into my sneakers at the beach, it shouldn't have any problem getting into the nook and cranies of the phone!

I remember I once gave a pseudo funeral to my giga pet and buried it in my sandbox.

It shortly died because of all the sand getting in!

Not Cool!
    Last edited by xxxxpradaxxxx; 12-13-08 at 09:04 AM.
    12-13-08 09:02 AM
    y the heck is everyone being a biotch right now? OF COURSE, do another scratch test, but test with DIFFERENT materials. try SANDPAPER, some type of metal file, if you have a glass keychain item, etc.

we know SOME THINGS like a KNIFE, KEYS, METAL POINT, won't scratch, but that's obvious.
    12-13-08 09:38 AM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD