I currently have a Blackberry Tour. The time has come to get a full screen wifi enabled phone to suit my needs. With all the wifi phones on the market is the Storm 2 a good option? I want a touch screen (no slider) that's going to be reliable. I need to view spreadsheets and word documents so this phone seems to be a winner. After reading the reviews I'm a little unsure. I want to get the most for my money. I love Blackberry but it seems the latest technology passes them by. There are questions about is OS 6 will be all it's hyped to be (still light years behind Android). Not looking to bash any brand just looking for some honest opinions to help me make an informed purchase. Thanks all.
    05-31-10 12:01 PM
    The best way to know if you will like the phone is to buy one--you've got 30 days to decide if you want to keep it. What someone else likes is rather irrelevant, IMO. I love my Storm; my wife loves hers. Many Storm owners are happy. Some are not. Many people love other phones. Try it--you might like it, or you may not. You decide.
    05-31-10 12:06 PM
    Co-sign Dave...the storm2 is a really great device, my only gripe is the battery...You may also find that typing is a lot easier on the S2 vs the tour...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 01:01 PM
    Yes.

That's all.
    05-31-10 02:43 PM
    love hate relationship is the best way to describe how it feels to own this phone.
    05-31-10 03:07 PM
    It's tough, I'm a very loyal Blackberry user. I feel technology is moving faster than RIM is willing to accept. The HTC Incredible looks like a great phone...maybe more than I really need, but you can't deny the technology. Think I'm gonna do it, I've got 30 days if I don't like it so what the ****.
    05-31-10 03:42 PM
    love hate relationship is the best way to describe how it feels to own this phone.
    That isn't a good thing. Love/hate relationships only last when forced.
    05-31-10 03:52 PM
    My advice: stay involved here in the forums. The Storm can be a little glitchy. But if you learn how to work with the glitches, it's a wonderful phone. I truly love mine.
    05-31-10 04:15 PM
    No. I've had it since release day and if it doesn't even support OS 6, you're screwed.

I've had it since the day it was released and the phone itself has been reliable after two drops and spilling wine on it while hammered during a New Years party.

It's just the OS. I do a lot of browsing on it and, especially now that my roommate has an Incredible, whenever I browse webpages I want to throw the phone through a wall. Email and messaging have always been awesome but you should already know that as you already own a BB.

Not sure if my roommate is doing something wrong or isn't that familiar with his Inc yet, but I also use my S2 for lots of photos as we all go boating a lot. The phone takes good pics with good lighting and since we go out boating when it's sunny out, it makes for some good picture taking. I can easily upload and tag photos to Facebook, my roommate claims he can't do this but I'd imagine Google would've thought to add that functionality in there...especially since the Incredible has a nice camera built in.

Small things like selecting a block of text to copy and paste can be a very frustrating process and that also drives me insane. Also, sending SMS texts sucks as I can type much faster than the phone can keep up with, for some reason it only does this for SMS texts.

I hope OS 6 is available for the S2 but I'm not sure if it'll meet the necessary memory requirements. If that's the case, I'll probably jump over to a Froyo device as I don't want to wait til Q4 this year for the S3...sucks the Bold Slider isn't CDMA.

If I do leave BB for something else, I'll miss BBM and I do think that RIM makes some of the nicest looking phones on the market.

If I do jump to Android, I'll miss
    Last edited by fecurtis; 05-31-10 at 04:40 PM.
    05-31-10 04:28 PM
    I have found it to be a very good phone.
    05-31-10 04:55 PM
    I had the storm 1 and the storm 2 and IMO they are horrible devices! I went to the pearl flip until the incredible was released and it is a awesome device. The android platform is light years above blackberry and its awful OS. There is no comparison between the two if Rim doesn't make a drastic change soon they will fail like wimo and palm.
    05-31-10 05:26 PM
    I personally love my S2 but I recommend you at the very least go to the VZW store and play with one for about an hour to attempt to get a feel for it.

If the S2 isn't for you but you still want a touch screen and wifi then you should definitely check out the Android devices. I'm thinking of giving the Incredible or the Shadow (when it gets released) a try. Hard for me to leave BB though! Either way, I'll keep my S2 around for a backup or for a change when I get bored.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-10 05:54 PM
    Yes.............
    05-31-10 06:12 PM
    Easy and short answer, Yes. Tried all three of the Droids, Imagio and the Omnia II, but always returned to my baby (BBS2).
    05-31-10 08:30 PM
    for all these people saying they have tried numerous devices or will give up one phone for another. Are you paying full price for the new phones? Im a s2 user and im really jealous of all the love android gets (upcoming slingbox app plus so many more) and the cold shoulder s2 gets as new apps for BB may often not even include the storm. I wanted to try the incredible but do not have the $$$ to drop $500 on it. Was wondering if there is another way to get it a little cheaper.
    05-31-10 10:51 PM
    I love my Storm, never had any problems. Wait till 6 comes out in the summer just in case.. though it should support it. They could also have new phones coming out in the line up.
    05-31-10 10:59 PM
    for all these people saying they have tried numerous devices or will give up one phone for another. Are you paying full price for the new phones? Im a s2 user and im really jealous of all the love android gets (upcoming slingbox app plus so many more) and the cold shoulder s2 gets as new apps for BB may often not even include the storm. I wanted to try the incredible but do not have the $$$ to drop $500 on it. Was wondering if there is another way to get it a little cheaper.
    Verizon sells certified pre-owned devices, they are the devices people decide they don't want after 30 days, not the defective ones, they have a 1 manufacturers warranty they have to be in new condition to return them....Verizon sellls them for almost half retail price
    06-01-10 01:13 AM
    I paid almost full price for my 9550 off Craigslist. I do not regret it. It's a great device with only a few kinks here and there (mostly to do with me being on GSM).
    06-01-10 03:14 AM
    what I generally do is keep money in my paypal account from old devices that I have sold and I sale and buy on ebay when I can find a good deal for something I want or I'll buy directly from someone through paypal if I have a good deal. Most of the time I don't have to come out of pocket with too much $$ Although I lost some money on the Imagio I owned.
    06-01-10 07:56 AM
    I may wait until the S3 comes out...who knows. Does anyone know if Android supports Excel or Word docs?
    06-01-10 10:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD