Should I upgrade to .113 from .75? Ive read the results thread briefly and seen pretty good results... I was just curious if there was a summary of the commonly known flaws... I wouldnt be asking but I dont have the time or energy to sort through 1000+ posts on the review thread... I know ill need to follow the upgrade tutorial and do a back b4 hand and such but I was just curious of the common flaws/bugs/problems.... Thank You in advance for your reply...
    03-28-09 01:16 AM
    totally a different phone if you do brotha! do it! do it now!!
    03-28-09 01:29 AM
    totally a different phone if you do brotha! do it! do it now!!
    lol that really doesnt answer my question...
    03-28-09 01:34 AM
    really its a win win.. the most common thing is a small trouble sendin mms .. but not all phones have the prob..
    and ur @ the base u should give it a try.. if u dont like it u can always go back.. theres a thread to help with that too..
    but the change of os is make the phone feel almost out the box new.. so i think u should give it a go.. and then decide .. afta 24 hrs ull have ur answer..
    for the most part theres too many pros to not give it a shot
    03-28-09 01:40 AM
    I'm dumbfounded that someone could be on this site and have access to the DRAMATICALLY improved beta OS' and still be running .75.

Does THAT answer your question?
    03-28-09 01:42 AM
    I'm dumbfounded that someone could be on this site and have access to the DRAMATICALLY improved beta OS' and still be running .75.

lmao!!.. sheesh play nice lol.. coulda put a smilie in there somewhere lol but u got a point <~~~ see lol
    03-28-09 01:44 AM
    really its a win win.. the most common thing is a small trouble sendin mms .. but not all phones have the prob..
    and ur @ the base u should give it a try.. if u dont like it u can always go back.. theres a thread to help with that too..
    but the change of os is make the phone feel almost out the box new.. so i think u should give it a go.. and then decide .. afta 24 hrs ull have ur answer..
    for the most part theres too many pros to not give it a shot
    aight. thanks. its almost downloaded and Ive reviewed the upgrade page...
    03-28-09 01:45 AM
    Definately switch from .75 to .113. great improvement!!
    03-28-09 01:45 AM

lol... I was waiting to see if they released an official version... I told my self I was gonna wait till this weekend and if it wasn't official Id look into the beta... I just love my phone so much that I didn't want to brick it and be S.O.L. I know the chances of that happening are slim, but still...
    03-28-09 01:46 AM
    aight. thanks. its almost downloaded and Ive reviewed the upgrade page...
    good to hear, hope u enjoy it..
    03-28-09 01:46 AM
    To be honest (flame suit on) the betas are not much different performance wise from .75/.76. They're good (.109 and 114 are nice) but they are not IMHO THAT much faster than .75.

What you do have to look forward to is the new Copy and Paste feature (sweet) MUCH faster camera and browser that's roughly about it.

Still worth the upgrade but i'm giving you my no BS assessment.
    03-28-09 01:48 AM
    To be honest (flame suit on) the betas are not much different performance wise from .75/.76. They're good (.109 and 114 are nice) but they are not IMHO THAT much faster than .75.

What you do have to look forward to is the new Copy and Paste feature (sweet) MUCH faster camera and browser that's roughly about it.

Still worth the upgrade but i'm giving you my no BS assessment.
    Thank You. The only thing that kinda urks me about the .75 is when im sending a SMS and click the BB button twice to send it the phone freezes for about 8 seconds... and when I'm trying to multi-task or SMS with multiple people it seems like forever... everything else I'm happy with.
    03-28-09 01:52 AM
    Another quick question... does it matter if I use DM4.7 or DM5.0? I know that 5.0 is out...
    Last edited by TechnoRocker; 03-28-09 at 02:30 AM.
    03-28-09 01:55 AM
    good to hear, hope u enjoy it..
    @liljp41,
    in your opinion, what do u think is the performance gain from .109 to .114v2? been wondering whether i shld move to .114 especially now that v2 is out to fix the v1 bugs
    03-28-09 01:58 AM
    I was hesitant at first, especially when the rumor was an OS was to be released march 23. When that didn't happen, I got impatient. I didn't want to brick my new phone. But I upgraded to 113 and haven't regretted it. I had to put my contacts and calender back on. Make sure to do the host routing table to get the services books, or your browser will be 'missing'. And of course, do a full backup of and backup of 3rd party apps.
    03-28-09 01:58 AM
    Thank You. The only thing that kinda urks me about the .75 is when im sending a SMS and click the BB button twice to send it the phone freezes for about 8 seconds... and when I'm trying to multi-task or SMS with multiple people it seems like forever... everything else I'm happy with.
    I see little difference between BUT that's because i've removed VAD, Help etc and start off with 55-52MB when i reboot. .76 is as fast then as .114 the only lag i see is in the camera and sometimes in media. Otherwise it's ok. If you look back on all other leaks threads the OS at the time is "amazing" and "so fast" until the next one pops up. Personally i think it's a bit of a placebo effect.

Then again the betas affects many devices in different ways. .114 with the keyboard fix is ok (6 outta 10) and .113 gets a 4 outta ten for me. Yet it will work wonders on another device.
    03-28-09 02:01 AM
    So while updating i got a "Windows - No Disk" and the message of "Exception Processing Message 0xc0000013 (etc etc)" popup twice and when I tried to hit "try again" the window popped back up... so I just hit continue... is this a bad thing???
    03-28-09 03:29 AM
    so I competed the install and after I went through the initial setup it crashed on me... but I have successfully connected to the browser and sent a MMS and SMS and made a few phone calls... I hope the crash was a one time thing.... im also running at about 45.5MB of memory... Thanks to everyone for the info provided and the recommendation to upgrade...
    03-28-09 03:55 AM
    I would give it more than 24 hours. Through my first two beta installs the quirks didn't settle until about the 3rd day. Keep in touch. let us hear what you think in a few days.
    03-28-09 12:31 PM
    As I attempt to install OS 113 update on PC I get prompt stating that PC not modified and install interupted. Try set-up again. Not sure whats going on. I desperately want to update my 9530 to resolve issues. Feedback please!! Thanks.

Kevin
    03-28-09 03:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD