A new e-reader launched today for the storm, bold, curve and iphone;

Shortcovers - Find Your Next Great Read
    02-26-09 04:48 PM
    hey bbstorm-thanks for sharing-i currently use mobipocket reader on my curve, but i put in my email for shortcovers app so i can try it out!
    02-26-09 05:00 PM
    Just downloaded the app, and my most immediate thought is that they clearly didn't try very hard to make sure this app was fully Storm-compatible. Even if you ignore the lack of landscape mode (I hate doing email/password logins from portrait mode), the navigation buttons at the top of the screen once you get into the app don't all fit across the portrait mode screen. I see the buttons for "I'm Reading," "Featured," "Popular," and "What's New," but then there's a button starting with the letters "Pu..." that gets cut off at the right edge. Who knows if there are more beyond it?

Also, the e-books have some pretty glaring typos. I don't know if those were present in the original print editions, but my guess is that they showed up when the books were transcribed to digital and nobody could be bothered to do a little QC.
    02-26-09 05:45 PM
    biggest thing that annoys me with new apps is the fact that some lack the ablity to rotate into landscape
    02-26-09 05:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD