So all this private sale stuff is a switcharoo! I just got a call from my rep who said the flyer I received was just to get us into the store for their private sale on the following phones: envy, dare, glyde and voyager. NOT STORM! They put a picture of the storm on it to make you think the storm would be there but it won't. He said the tentative date they are hoping for is the 23rd. I'm starting to get a little peeved with this marketing campaign. They send out a flyer with a huge pic of the storm on it with a "private sale" date of 17-22 for their crap phones not the storm. Shady. What do you think?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 01:03 PM
    Not the most honest thing I have ever seen, but also not the worst thing Ive ever seen. I think the 23rd will be the day (just a hunch), hopefully people can stay patient until then.
    11-11-08 01:08 PM
    The old Bait-n-Switch.
    11-11-08 01:08 PM
    So all this private sale stuff is a switcharoo! I just got a call from my rep who said the flyer I received was just to get us into the store for their private sale on the following phones: envy, dare, glyde and voyager. NOT STORM! They put a picture of the storm on it to make you think the storm would be there but it won't. He said the tentative date they are hoping for is the 23rd. I'm starting to get a little peeved with this marketing campaign. They send out a flyer with a huge pic of the storm on it with a "private sale" date of 17-22 for their crap phones not the storm. Shady. What do you think?

I expected better from you
    discussed plenty of times!
    11-11-08 01:09 PM
    The rep I called, at the number on the back of that very flier, said the Storm will be in stores that day, along with the glyde, voygaer, and env2 at discounted prices.
    Last edited by Kill3r.Conc3ptz; 11-11-08 at 01:14 PM.
    11-11-08 01:11 PM
    SCAMMERS! I"m glad I didn't get a flyer VERY bad Verizon!
    11-11-08 01:11 PM
    Yeah this was already sort of discovered that the phone is not part of the private sale.

Anyway, it is sort of shady that they picture the Storm to entice people into coming.

We could go for some info soon because all these rumors about VIPs getting the Storm first is really stressing everyone else out.
    11-11-08 01:14 PM
    The rep I called, at the number on the back of that very flier, said the Storm will be in stores that day, along with the glyde, voygaer, and env2 at discounted prices.
    The rep I talked to said they may/may not have the phone for demo however, it will not be for sale during that time frame. He said "fingers crossed" for the 23rd. Bastards!

11-11-08 01:17 PM
    I vote this best use of Calling Shenanigans in a forum post!!! Thanks for the heads up btw!
    11-11-08 01:18 PM
    (rolls up newspaper to beat big red with)

That makes me think of Clifford the big red dog....
    11-11-08 01:20 PM
    The rep I talked to said they may/may not have the phone for demo however, it will not be for sale during that time frame. He said "fingers crossed" for the 23rd. Bastards!

I have officially come to the conclusion that NOONE knows ANYTHING, LOL. I'm just going to sit and wait for an official announcement from Verizon, hopefully tomorrow.
    11-11-08 01:21 PM
    (rolls up newspaper to beat big red with)

That makes me think of Clifford the big red dog....
    If I didn't love their network so much I would rub their noses in the mess they made and throw them outside! Maybe adopt a new dog and name it after a fruit!

11-11-08 01:25 PM
    "The next person that says shenanigans is getting pistol whipped!", "Hey farva!, what's that place you like to go to with the little leprachauns on the wall?", "Shenanigans?"

11-11-08 01:31 PM
    Did anyone call the phone number on the card?

I did.

I was connected with a woman who stated she was a marketing coordinator in Meriden CT. She told me her name and that I would be able to order the Storm as a VIP member from her (she gave me her extension) on the 17th and receive my VIP discount on the headset with any accessories. I don't know if that meant that I would get it the next day or if it was just a pre-order.

I will call her then and let you all know.
    11-11-08 01:32 PM

you need to read a little better. It was very obvious that they were not selling the Storm.

I don't know how some understood that they were selling the Storm. It said, and I will paraphrase, "come in between the 17-21 and get great prices on some of our hottest phones"

No where did it say that the Storm would be for sale, preorder or anything else.

Your going to make for a bad cop
    11-11-08 01:37 PM
    "The next person that says shenanigans is getting pistol whipped!", "Hey farva!, what's that place you like to go to with the little leprachauns on the wall?", "Shenanigans?"

11-11-08 01:37 PM
    The next guy to say shenanigans is getting pistol whipped

wow i was late...never mind lol
    11-11-08 01:49 PM

Best cop movie ever. My partner and I at my last command played the meow game alot. once with a retiree during a traffic stop and he even asked if we were saying meow.

Priceless.
    11-11-08 02:21 PM
    you need to read a little better. It was very obvious that they were not selling the Storm.

I don't know how some understood that they were selling the Storm. It said, and I will paraphrase, "come in between the 17-21 and get great prices on some of our hottest phones"

No where did it say that the Storm would be for sale, preorder or anything else.

Let me put it to you this way, if I mailed you a summons and it said "traffic violation" on it with a court date and you showed up to find out you were being charged with "impersonating an intelligent individual" instead you would feel deceived right? See you in court.
    11-11-08 02:43 PM

Yeah, just had a big picture of the Storm on it. I hope that you are joking.
    11-11-08 02:51 PM
    I'm very serious. I received the same flyer and not once thought it was for the Storm. Its obvious. How can the Storm be one of their "hottest" phones when it hasn't even been released yet?

I guess I just read things rather than jump to conclusions quickly.

Apolicerecruit you will be relegated to a desk job if you keep this up : )

11-11-08 03:13 PM
    Well I guess I'm glad Telus didn't do any of this then. lol!!

Also I guess whatever makes them money and brings in the customers. I wouldn't think they would do this only because alot of customers that come in thinking there will be a storm will be arguing with people. Then again.....
    maybe it will be there, and that is the part of the suprise. lol!! if it was me and i worked for VZW I'd be telling these people that call 100 times a day no the phone is delayed. it's a headache for these workers.
    11-11-08 03:24 PM
    so let me get this straight, verizon is sending out flyers to get people in the store and buy a different phone with a cheaper plan rather then the hottest phone of the year which is directly competing with the iphone and will only remain exclusive as long as it sells. riiiight

whats even funnier is i see all of these people saying the reps dont know anything when they say a date but when they talk about the flyer they know everything. theres a word for this kind of behavior, ignorance
    Last edited by spawn026; 11-11-08 at 03:39 PM.
    11-11-08 03:37 PM
    so let me get this straight, verizon is sending out flyers to get people in the store and buy a different phone with a cheaper plan rather then the hottest phone of the year which is directly competing with the iphone and will only remain exclusive as long as it sells. riiiight

whats even funnier is i see all of these people saying the reps dont know anything when they say a date but when they talk about the flyer they know everything. theres a word for this kind of behavior, ignorance
    Sound stupid huh? They sent us a flyer with a big storm on it to get us to come in and buy a Glyde or a Voyager. I wouldn't use either as a coaster to set my beer on.
    11-11-08 03:42 PM
    Sound stupid huh? They sent us a flyer with a big storm on it to get us to come in and buy a Glyde or a Voyager. I wouldn't use either as a coaster to set my beer on.
    theres nothig to confirm this other then speculation. the site with the pricing everyone says will go live in a few days kind of makes it seem like the storm will be on sale within the time frame of that post card. the card doesnt say buy the storm and walk out with it but it could very well mean preorder it within those days and guarantee it by launch
    11-11-08 03:49 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD