We have two upgrade slots available at Verizon. I suggested to my wife she can upgrade her Storm to any Verizon phone she wants, iPhone, any Droid or Android based phone. She says "why would I want to?" Because everyone says the Storm is a POS, says I. She says; It has BBM, all my email accounts, FaceBook and the [voice] phone always works when I need it.

Pretty hard to argue when it does everything she needs. She needed to do battery pulls three times in all of 2010. And that was just to get GPS working again. In short, the Storm has been a solid device for over a year and she is happy with it.
    01-13-11 08:28 AM
    Storm 1 or 2? I'm just curious because I've owned both, and while I was quite happy with both devices, I did find I had to do battery pulls with my Storm 1 quite often due to low app memory.

I'm a bit of tech junkie, so I have to admit I'd kinda like to upgrade my Storm 2 just because I'm a bit "bored" with it...but I'd really like to stick with BB, so I guess I'm going to wait for a bit...
    01-13-11 08:37 AM
    Having owned both, I agree with the OP's wife (assuming she has a 9530). Going to Storm2 wasn't really an upgrade. My Storm with 5.0.0.419 was a very smooth running device. 419 had it's fair share of bugs, but they were minor; memory didn't leak, and battery life was solid. Storm2 with anything after 5.0.0.517 was a PITA.
    01-13-11 08:43 AM
    She has the original Storm which was given to us by her boss. I can't recall what OS is on it but I know it is 5.x.

I have the Storm 2 @ OS 5.0.0.607.

We both know not to try and fill these devices with a bunch of programs. We keep them pretty clean so memory is not an issue.

Neither one of us have any real problems with these phones. They are solid and do what they are designed to do.
    01-13-11 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD