Hi Guys,
    I am totally brand new towards BB.
    Recently i had spent about 2 to 3 weeks reading from the forum about 9700 and storm 9520.

I myself prefered getting the storm as i want to use the phone more on internet browsing.

After reading tonnes of threads, i got to be even more confuse. It seems there are alot of ppl hating this device and alot of ppl loving this device.

I guess it has alot to do with the firmware tat each storm is running on. I dun intend to complicates the device and only wish to serve net, bbm, msn, fb with ease. So mostly i might not be getting any 3rd party apps as i am afraid of causing the device to cease normal operations.

My frens had been asking me to get the iphone but i do not wan to be seen carrying the charger all around juz to charge the phone twice a day.

My gf is currently using a 9700, but i feel the screen is too small for internet browsing.

I had another 1.5 mths more to go for making the decision of getting storm 2. I really hope those verteran user of storm 2 could give me some advice on shd i get storm 2?

Or is there a better option for other phone which might serve for my purposes better?

Another thing is tat i had seen ppl asking about is the clicking sound could it be disable even with the latest firmware upgrade? As i do not wan to let the rest of my ppl in my office hearing me messenging away....

P.S : I am quite an IT ***** so if i were to get the phone i might juz settled for a comfortable OS and not change around.

Pray for your forgiveness, if my questions are noob to be post as a new thread.
    05-05-10 03:39 AM
    Go for it! I used to have the storm 1, upgraded to storm 2 and never looked back. I too spent a lot of time reading the threads, especially tips on how to upgrade OS and hybrids. Even got my good friend to switch from Iphone to storm 2 since I cannot help my self to stop meddling with my device. Overall, storm 2 is a great device.
    05-05-10 04:44 AM
    Simple answer is, don't.
    05-05-10 04:56 AM
    All current blackberry devices suck for browsing when compared to android or iphone. Wait for os 6 to come out. Webkit is a super fast browser.
    05-05-10 07:16 AM
    Go for it! I used to have the storm 1, upgraded to storm 2 and never looked back. I too spent a lot of time reading the threads, especially tips on how to upgrade OS and hybrids. Even got my good friend to switch from Iphone to storm 2 since I cannot help my self to stop meddling with my device. Overall, storm 2 is a great device.
    I agree 100% with you. Get the S2 & don't look back. Mine is great. I may get the Incredible just to play with but I would always use my S2 for my primary device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-05-10 07:25 AM
    MotoRAZR. Just saying.

05-05-10 08:17 AM
    All current blackberry devices suck for browsing when compared to android or iphone. Wait for os 6 to come out. Webkit is a super fast browser.
    Well, if both the 9700 and Storm 2 are getting BB 6, which also means the new Webkit browser, than that is kind of a moot point isn't it?

I use Bolt primarily and BB browser secondary. I think the Storm 2 offers a great browsing experience. (I just can't stand Opera anymore. So annoyed by every time I try to post in a forum and it just disappears! It happens on the Apple version too!)
    05-05-10 08:48 AM
    Whoa! Ur network stated Singtel. We r from sg.
    Glad to hear tat u r doing well wif this phone.
    Haha if i get dis phone den next time can ask u for advice easier le.
    05-05-10 11:45 AM
    R u using 9550 or 9520?
    I thought that sg only sells 9520?
    05-05-10 11:54 AM
    It seems tat lots of storm 2 user are encouraging me to get one.
    I could only get a new phone after june 21.
    Mostly will be getting storm 2 unless storm has any leaking rumors. ^^
    05-05-10 11:56 AM
    No prob, Rustify. Bought my storm 2 export set cos I just can't wait for Singtel to start selling it then. I'm waiting rather impatiently for the OS 6.0 and the webkit to come out to further improve my device performance, currently still happy with 607 and Ooak 669 hybrid...

05-05-10 12:01 PM
    if you want a phone for web browsing you should get the droid it loads pages about 5 times quicker than the storm. If you said email thats the blackberry thing. But if you have Gmail then on the droid its instant. so if you want fast web browsing and have gmail you will be happy. ALso Android now has SKYFIRE. that means you can watch flash videos and it works really well. I am not trolling my little cousin wants a storm because they look pretty she says. And you know how 15 year olds are with email. She doesnt have gmail so i said why not a slow *** blackberry. She said it looks pretty lol

Last edited by stormsucks75; 05-05-10 at 12:20 PM.
    05-05-10 12:13 PM
    Considering he can't get one until June, we may be close to getting our OS6/Webkit leaks.

Then, short of Flash, I don't think Android would really have any browser advantage. But, yeah, the Storm 2 is starting to age, technology wise. You should def look at the new devices that just came out or are coming out soon. And definitely play with a Storm 2 screen first and see how you like it.

By the way, there is NO way to hide the screen click sound. People around you will definitely hear you typing on that thing.
    05-05-10 12:46 PM
    Yeah, you'll love the Storm2.
    If you are going to wait until the end of June, there should be more news on OS6 by then.
    05-05-10 01:48 PM
    Considering he can't get one until June, we may be close to getting our OS6/Webkit leaks.

Then, short of Flash, I don't think Android would really have any browser advantage. But, yeah, the Storm 2 is starting to age, technology wise. You should def look at the new devices that just came out or are coming out soon. And definitely play with a Storm 2 screen first and see how you like it.

By the way, there is NO way to hide the screen click sound. People around you will definitely hear you typing on that thing.
    It sounds interesting but it seems my country does not sell this phone.
    05-06-10 09:28 AM
    DON'T DO IT...IT'S CRAP,
    I'M ON MY SECOND IN FOUR WEEKS & ALREADY BEEN ON AGAIN TO GET IT REPLACED OR HOPEFULLY A DIFFERENT PHONE.
    VERY DISAPOINTED IN IT, DOES EVERYTHING I WANT WHEN IT WORKS....WHICH IS'NT VERY OFTEN.

Good Luck
    05-06-10 10:21 AM
    DON'T DO IT...IT'S CRAP,
    I'M ON MY SECOND IN FOUR WEEKS & ALREADY BEEN ON AGAIN TO GET IT REPLACED OR HOPEFULLY A DIFFERENT PHONE.
    VERY DISAPOINTED IN IT, DOES EVERYTHING I WANT WHEN IT WORKS....WHICH IS'NT VERY OFTEN.

Good Luck
    if it's web browsing you're most concerned with then get a Droid. If you need pushed email, get a BB.

I regret not returning my S2 for an android handset during my 30 day period. Quality is certainly not job 1 in Mexico. Churning out junk seems to be.

05-06-10 06:21 PM
    Love to read some of the comments in here. Great comic relief.

I haven't had one issue with my storm 2 other than one I blame on myself for doing an over air update when I was at a place with weak signal.

If the BB is what you are looking for and need it will most likely serve you well.

If you just want a cool web surfing tool then get an android phone.

Biggest problem these days is that most people forget the BB is based around use for people who want to be able to "work" more easily while on the go.

These days every dipstick out there is getting a BB cause its the thing to get and want it to do all sorts of things that blackberry never really intended for them to do.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    05-06-10 06:30 PM
    Yes ................
    05-06-10 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD