If you are still having issues with 5.0 please get the latest version 2.0.14: direct link
    11-06-09 04:52 AM
    The link Robin provided works. Thank you! Running shazam on my OS5 Tour!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-28-09 01:09 AM
    I downloaded the new version in robins sig but now its telling me I have to pay again... Is there another charge for the new version?

12-11-09 06:28 PM
    No, you have to email their support and have them change your info.
    12-11-09 11:45 PM
    Shazam is a rip off, I emailed them to change it to a different pin because I got a new phone and it worked for a few days but now it's saying I have the trial version. I emailed customer service maybe 6 times with not 1 reply so basically I payed 5 dollars for an app I thought was worth it and got ripped, I wouldn't recommend shazam to anyone. Hopefully someone else makes an app like it and provides their customers with better service.

12-28-09 05:40 PM
    Shazam is a rip off, I emailed them to change it to a different pin because I got a new phone and it worked for a few days but now it's saying I have the trial version. I emailed customer service maybe 6 times with not 1 reply so basically I payed 5 dollars for an app I thought was worth it and got ripped, I wouldn't recommend shazam to anyone. Hopefully someone else makes an app like it and provides their customers with better service.

It is a good app. You'll have these problems when you change OS's.
    I had the same problem. Their Support is a little slow but they will get things right for you. Try doing a at least a 30sec battery pull and log in again.
    12-28-09 05:49 PM
    It is a good app. You'll have these problems when you change OS's.
    I had the same problem. Their Support is a little slow but they will get things right for you. Try doing a at least a 30sec battery pull and log in again.
    It was working flawlessly for about a week, and then it crapped out. And yes I've done a million battery pulls, I've deleted it let my phone boot up after deletion, pulled the battery for a minute, downloaded again, pulled battery for a minute again and nothing. I really think it's a problem on their end if it was working fine on my phone. And no I haven't changed os since the last time it was working fine on my phone, I'm still running .405

12-28-09 06:46 PM
    tried the app world install and It came back with a network settings issue. Then I tried the link provided at Shazams website but when installing into my phone I get a "Shazam does not recognize your device" message. I followed the solution instructions provided but the phone will not allow me to change my Browser Config ( internet Browser is the only option I have). I have a 9530 v5.0.0.328 platform4.2.0.128)
    01-06-10 04:33 PM
    I have a 9530 v5.0.0.328 platform4.2.0.128)
    Please download directly from http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad for your Storm 9530. This will work for 4.7.x or 5.0.x
    01-07-10 05:15 AM
    I have a 9630 with Shazam Version 2.5.1 and it doesn't get past the setup screen.

Suggestions?
    03-25-10 09:36 AM
    I have Shazam Encore for Bold 9000. Worked fine with OS 5.0 509 but when I upgraded to 554 it no longer works. Gets stuck on the setup function (actually shuts down after I hit setup).

I'm using BIS on Rogers. Eager to find a fix, being that I bought it just two weeks ago.
    03-29-10 11:28 AM
    Just upgrade my Verizon 9630 Tour to the new 5.0 OS Verizon released last night and am having the same issue as Scrybe is describing Is this a known issue and being addressed?

Tried downloading it from appworld a couple times and directly from the previous link posted, nothing works.
    03-30-10 12:06 PM
    Shazam also has the unexpected shutdown when hitting setup with Storm2 9550 OS 5.0.0.603 hopefully something that will be addressed soon

Edit: FYI using latest Shazam build 2.5.1
    Last edited by delucad1; 04-01-10 at 05:51 PM.
    04-01-10 05:16 PM
    Mine was doing this after upgrading to .607 on the S2 but I physically pulled the battery and went into the app after the reboot and it setup just fine... It has been working ever since...
    04-02-10 02:09 PM
    Please download directly from http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad for your Storm 9530. This will work for 4.7.x or 5.0.x
    Are those of you that are having trouble using the version from http://smartworld.shazamid.com/appli...70T/Shazam.jad or App World? I got mine from that link when the 5.0 upgrade from 4.7 broke it...

This has been verified to work by others now and the exact instructions are in this post.
    Last edited by Robert Calhoun; 04-02-10 at 05:36 PM.
    04-02-10 02:32 PM
    Mine was doing this after upgrading to .607 on the S2 but I physically pulled the battery and went into the app after the reboot and it setup just fine... It has been working ever since...
    I tried that, and it still doesn't work. I uninstalled my current version, restarted, installed version from link you provided, opened up application waited for crash, then pulled battery for 1min, run setup and it crashes again. Have pulled battery several times with same problem...
    04-02-10 07:43 PM
    I'm not sure what the secret is... It didn't work for others at first either... I did launch the app more than once and select setup and it crashed 4 or 5 times before I pulled the battery... All I know is this worked for me and others... Hopefully it will work for you too...
    04-02-10 08:07 PM
    I'm not sure what the secret is... It didn't work for others at first either... I did launch the app more than once and select setup and it crashed 4 or 5 times before I pulled the battery... All I know is this worked for me and others... Hopefully it will work for you too...
    Tried launch/crashing 10 times before pulling still didnt work I might try wiping phone and not installing Shazam from backup apps and see if that works when I have some time
    04-03-10 09:16 AM
    now that OS5 is official for 9630 I think we will start to see this problem popping up a lot more...

When trying to setup, exit app. Tried all versions available for this using the new public release of 5.0.0.591

Please help!
    04-03-10 11:21 AM
    Ok, I wiped my phone with BBSak, then installed shazam from OTA link rather then from 3rd party app backup and the trick worked. Thanks Robert =)
    04-03-10 02:39 PM
    Does it really work though??? My connections check fine but it keeps telling me that it has been interrupted and won't ID the song... I guess if it goes official I'll contact support
    Last edited by Robert Calhoun; 04-04-10 at 11:12 AM.
    04-03-10 09:16 PM
    ok I know this has been asked a million times, but I havent seen anyone answer it. I have a fully flashed storm on cricket, working mms and wap, but after I download shazam it ask for my network settings. Can anyone lead me in the right dirrections. I know this would take someone 10 seconds out of their day to asnswer it, but if you choose to just point me in the right direction that would be great. Here is what its asking for:

APN:
    USERNAME:
    PASSWORD:
    WAP GATEWAY IP:
    WAP PORT:
    THEN i HAVE TO CHOSE BETWEEN APN SETTINGS OR WAP SETTINGS.

Please help. I know that the wap port should be 8080, and I think the username should be my phone number@ mycricket dot com and password cricket. If you know this info that would be great. Please help a newbee. Its Easter someone have a heart today, thanks.
    04-04-10 12:18 PM
    Does it really work though??? My connections check fine but it keeps telling me that it has been interrupted and won't ID the song... I guess if it goes official I'll contact support
    Yea I'm having the same problem you are. I've only been able to successfully ID one song out of 10 tries or so due to the recording error message. Hopefully Shazam developers already know about it and will update the application.
    04-04-10 04:50 PM
    Yea I'm having the same problem you are. I've only been able to successfully ID one song out of 10 tries or so due to the recording error message. Hopefully Shazam developers already know about it and will update the application.
    I'm going to email support today... Just waiting on VZW to drop it officially...
    04-05-10 08:34 AM
    this site is crackberry, thats why I thought someone would know the apn setting to get the shazam to work on a flashed storm. Maybe there is no real fast answer, so I'll ask another question. Has anyone ever had a fully flashed storm to cricket, work with shazam? Thanks guys for your time.
    04-05-10 02:20 PM
87 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD