Hi,
    I have a storm 9530 and recently had it upgraded to v5.0.0.328

I am having several problems that are starting to become frustrating. I am not sure if I should list them all in one post or each separately - so if I need to change how I am doing it please let me know. Any solutions given will be highly prized by me!

Problem

1) I was on an enterprise server at my last employer and had to enter a password each time my phone "timed out" to regain access to my phone. One of the highlights of accepting a new job was going to be the fact that I would not have to do that 50 times a day anymore - (we donít use an ES where I am now)

Problem is - I still have to use the password and no one seems to be able to help - including the reps at the V store. Any ideas how to get that nasty feature off my phone?

2) As part of a solution to try to get rid of problem # 1 I did a hard wipe of my phone. I ended up with a white screen that said "must re-load software" or something like that. When I got to the V store they were able to restore the software after all the warning that I might need a new phone. That restoration did nothing for problem #1 above and I now have new problems

a) Brightness - my phone is almost always dull - like at 25% brightness. But every once in a while it will go to full brightness, which is where I have it set. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when itís at full - but it only happens for like 3% of my use time

b) There seems to be no possible way to turn the vibrate off of my SMS. I have tried everything including 2 trips to the Verizon store, on each of which I was assured I was all set - still it vibrates

Thanks in advance for any insight/tools/solutions that anyone can recommend

HIPMRC
    06-09-10 11:54 AM
    Hi,
    I have a storm 9530 and recently had it upgraded to v5.0.0.328

I am having several problems that are starting to become frustrating. I am not sure if I should list them all in one post or each separately - so if I need to change how I am doing it please let me know. Any solutions given will be highly prized by me!

Problem

1) I was on an enterprise server at my last employer and had to enter a password each time my phone "timed out" to regain access to my phone. One of the highlights of accepting a new job was going to be the fact that I would not have to do that 50 times a day anymore - (we donít use an ES where I am now)

Problem is - I still have to use the password and no one seems to be able to help - including the reps at the V store. Any ideas how to get that nasty feature off my phone?

2) As part of a solution to try to get rid of problem # 1 I did a hard wipe of my phone. I ended up with a white screen that said "must re-load software" or something like that. When I got to the V store they were able to restore the software after all the warning that I might need a new phone. That restoration did nothing for problem #1 above and I now have new problems

a) Brightness - my phone is almost always dull - like at 25% brightness. But every once in a while it will go to full brightness, which is where I have it set. Seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when itís at full - but it only happens for like 3% of my use time

b) There seems to be no possible way to turn the vibrate off of my SMS. I have tried everything including 2 trips to the Verizon store, on each of which I was assured I was all set - still it vibrates

Thanks in advance for any insight/tools/solutions that anyone can recommend

HIPMRC
    1) Look up information about IT policy. That will fix your problem. I'd tell you how to do it, but I'm not an expert in that and I think the threads dedicated to IT policy will be better to follow.
    2) Wiping the phone does not change the IT policy
    a) your phone has a light sensor on it. If it's bright out, the backlight is brighter. If it's darker in the room, then the screen dims. If you cover up the sensor while typing or using the phone, the phone will think it's dark and dim the screen. The sensor is located in the same place as the LED
    b) you need to edit your sound profile settings. Go to profiles>set ring tones>Messages>SMS text. You can change the vibrate settings in there.

Good luck. Please write back and let us know how this worked for you.
    06-09-10 01:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD