Hopefully the gold code will be released by then and i wont have to spend 2 hours on here everyday.
    Oh god! Don't I long for that day!

I'm tired of my crippled Storm.
    03-11-09 11:49 AM

Won't it be nice to have a camera where when you press the button it takes the picture, rather than 5 seconds later? Has anyone tried to take a kid's picture with the Storm camera? It can't be done, they don't have the patience for it.
    03-11-09 11:52 AM
    Won't it be nice to have a camera where when you press the button it takes the picture, rather than 5 seconds later? Has anyone tried to take a kid's picture with the Storm camera? It can't be done, they don't have the patience for it.
    I thought we had drugs to fix that problem?
    03-11-09 11:54 AM

LOL. i almost cant wait for the next cool phone to come out so i can toss this thing in the drawer..... and forget about it.
    03-11-09 11:56 AM
    This was about the fact HW had a beta that people wanted, and would not give it out. If he had given it to everyone, nothing would have been said about it. So don't use the holier than thou assesment and act like you guys were mad about principle. You were mad you couldn't get what you wanted. A lot went on the other nigh. People claim C_X and the other Mods were out of line. I wish the thread was still here so you could see page after page of a Mod being attacked. Only at the end did said Mod step in and stand up for himself. Yes, after over about 100 posts bashing him. Nor did he result to personal attacks, other than saying immature, whereas certain members went muc much further and were cursing at him as well. We are all human, and people can stand up for themselves. I am only surprised he didn't say anything until the last pages of the thread. Most people would have went off long before then. But if members wouldn't get mad because they can't get what they want, this would have never had happened.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-11-09 11:56 AM
    Here we go again..... lol
    03-11-09 11:58 AM
    LOL. i almost cant wait for the next cool phone to come out so i can toss this thing in the drawer..... and forget about it.
    I've come to the conclusion that we as consumers are nothing more then beta testers for RIM after having purchased the Storm, it was never meant to be a "Great" device, it's a beta of great things to come from them..just not in this iteration of the Storm.

No OS leaks are gonna fix the Storm.
    03-11-09 11:59 AM
    Here we go again..... lol
    RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!
    03-11-09 11:59 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that we as consumers are nothing more then beta testers for RIM after having purchased the Storm, it was never meant to be a "Great" device, it's a beta of great things to come from them..just not in this iteration of the Storm.
    after having the storm for 3 months.... i am going to have to agree with you 100% on this.
    03-11-09 12:01 PM
    Also to "set the record strait" I looked the other night and again today and nowhere on HW's site do they advertise Storms with and beta OS installed. So those that say they were selling illegal software, please show us? Where's the proof? Again, if HW would have coughed up the beta, nobody would have said anything and this would have never been an issue. Crybabies mad they couldn't get what they wanted, just like Bajan said.

03-11-09 12:02 PM
    post post post
    03-11-09 12:04 PM
    Also to "set the record strait" I looked the other night and again today and nowhere on HW's site do they advertise Storms with and beta OS installed. So those that say they were selling illegal software, please show us? Where's the proof? Again, if HW would have coughed up the beta, nobody would have said anything and this would have never been an issue. Crybabies mad they couldn't get what they wanted, just like Bajan said.

Be careful there BB_GLORY they may start saying you and i are the same person and we're actually working for HZW and selling the betas for profit and we're the ones who cut off the leaks. Wait, shoot, that was already used on CX, Sith and Radio.

03-11-09 12:11 PM
    I've come to the conclusion that we as consumers are nothing more then beta testers for RIM after having purchased the Storm
    Have to disagree with this and all other comments made in the same vein.

For testers, its not as simple as just reporting what works and what doesnt. They have to report on what steps where taken before the defect was caused, if the defect can be replicated, how can it be replicated, if its a re-occuring defect, screen shots, possible work-arounds, etc.

They would also have test scripts to follow in order to test specific defects which have been highlighted by the Dev team and report on all their findings.

I would say that none of the data reported on this site can be used by RIM as the descriptions are way too vague and general.
    03-11-09 12:13 PM

For testers, its not as simple as just reporting what works and what doesnt. They have to report on what steps where taken before the defect was caused, if the defect can be replicated, how can it be replicated, if its a re-occuring defect, screen shots, possible work-arounds, etc.

They would also have test scripts to follow in order to test specific defects which have been highlighted by the Dev team and report on all their findings.

I would say that none of the data reported on this site can be used by RIM as the descriptions are way too vague and general.
    What?!!! You mean 'Storm sucks!!', 'This OS blows' and 'RIM pH1al!!1!!' cannot be used by RIM?! Lies!
    03-11-09 12:23 PM

Took that rather literal didn't ya lol

The T-Mobile G1 is referred to as a beta device as well.
    03-11-09 12:39 PM
    Took that rather literal didn't ya lol

The T-Mobile G1 is referred to as a beta device as well.
    Speaking of the G1 I'm still waiting for my GPS sound profiler

Toysoft did a good job with the cell tower one...but it isn't very precise. (and buggy imo)
    03-11-09 12:59 PM

No OS leaks are gonna fix the Storm.
    So do you think the " great device ;' will be something totally different IE " storm 2 " , or a totally different device . i personally think the storm has the makings of a great phone, im curious on your thoughts ?
    03-11-09 05:45 PM
92 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD