Ding ding ding! We have a winrar!
    uh winner buddy, not winrar
    03-11-09 11:03 AM
    I love you too. If I was *** kissing there would be a lot more lipstick on these lips right now!

EDIT: Just to verify...there is no lipstick on these lips right now.
    Go ahead, I'll give you three minutes. I expect you to be back and ready.
    03-11-09 11:04 AM
    I love you too. If I was *** kissing there would be a lot more lipstick on these lips right now!

EDIT: Just to verify...there is no lipstick on these lips right now.
    good job to edit that LOL i almost fell out of my chair
    03-11-09 11:04 AM
    Go ahead, I'll give you three minutes. I expect you to be back and ready.
    3 minutes? That is barely enough time to "powder my nose".....have you no manners sir?
    03-11-09 11:05 AM
    By show of hands who has been a member of staff on an internet forum with a significant membership population (50K+)

I have and i never got payed, yes they were some kickbacks from being in a position of 'power' but you mainly did it for love on the community.

Then when someone didn't get their way (like here) you were the next Stalin.
    03-11-09 11:05 AM
    3 minutes? That is barely enough time to "powder my nose".....have you no manners sir?
    I've powdered mine in less than 3 seconds.... Oh wait.. Disregard..
    03-11-09 11:06 AM
    Uhm. Nobody is being "hurtful" or "hateful"
    Being contributing members to this site, I believe we are to be honored when we ask a question concerning the moderation of this forum. I believe that, yes, people did get out of hand. But, Only a "select" were punished for it. Stop your a%% kissing buddy.
    It's not about a$$ kissing... It's about seeing the situation for what it is... A bunch of children upset that they couldn't have something that someone else had.

The situation got out of hand and the moderators did what was necessary to try to calm things down. I don't believe in double standards but, from what I saw, the moderators were far less out of line than the banned users. But how about we let what's done be done and move on. Those that are unhappy can go over to the fantastic new world of valicesooks and learn all sorts of good things on a forum that has no rules. That should all go very well...
    03-11-09 11:07 AM
    Bla1ze, Thank you for the reply.
    We do know this much, But like I had said. It did spill into forums. Cptn got the ol' ban hammar and CX didn't.
    What's good for the goose is good for the gander?
    When (on any forum) have you ever seen a moderator banned for their actions?

I'm not going to go into the specifics on how or what actions were taken against CX, but the issue at hand with moderation and levels of moderation are being looked at, not just for CX but as a whole for the forums in general, not just the Storm forums, but CrackBerry as a whole.

The common misconception here is that everyone who is upset about the bans and what not is under the impression that CX was behind them all and likes to blame CX for anything that goes on in the Storm forums when they disagree with how things are moderated.

Fact is if you get out of hand with your actions on the forums someone is going to action against you, we have the rules set in place and those rules are rather lax compared to other forums, you agreed to them when you signed up.

If you can't follow them and act civil then those rules are enforced and such was the case the other night. Rules were enforced.
    03-11-09 11:09 AM
    By show of hands who has been a member of staff on an internet forum with a significant membership population (50K+)

I have and i never got payed, yes they were some kickbacks from being in a position of 'power' but you mainly did it for love on the community.

Then when someone didn't get their way (like here) you were the next Stalin.
    Ditto! And BOY do I feel for the moderators here!

I think in the final analysis we should all just let this go. It happened, it was ugly, but it's done with, Crackberry.com is better than this, I KNOW it!

I don't think I coined this, but I'm claiming it.... We come to CB, we read and learn, we are helped by others, and then WE help still more others!
    03-11-09 11:09 AM
    uh winner buddy, not winrar
    Surely you jest! Im sure its spelt winrar.
    03-11-09 11:10 AM
    What exactly are you trying to accomplish? you expect the members to grab torches and hang the mods?

This is a forum..not Roe vs Wade..you're a guest in Kevins home here..If they ban you for just looking funny..so be it..

and let me get my shovel before you feed up it's about free speech and not about getting a leak. If "H" were selling storms with .109 this would all be avoided. They did NOTHING wrong.. They sold a device for the same price as last week just with a newer OS that you didn't have...

i seen the new blog spot btw..it's a useful as t1ts on a bull. Just old ladies bltchin about what's going on at Crackberry..
    03-11-09 11:10 AM
    At the end of the day, this is a privately owned forum so the the admin can act and ban people as they see fit. Just like bouncers who dont let you into clubs because they dont like the look of you.

The best thing to do is have a teaspoon of cement and harden up a bit.
    03-11-09 11:12 AM
    fm1 is right! ^^

o and ima jump right on that freewebs site, so enticing......

NOT

this is just spam, i woulda trashed it faster then he made it.
    03-11-09 11:13 AM
    Bla1ze, I'm not questioning authority and rule breaking, so Please don't take it as that.
    I'm not even down talking the moderators. All i felt that the situation had become a double standard.
    I feel a lot of people "blame" crucial for things because he sticks his nose out the furthest of the moderators. (I personally don't have a grudge to him, nor you nor any moderator at this point and time)

Point in fact, you've pretty much sad what you're going to say. I'll leave it as that. Thank you for your reply once again. It's a good community here. Obviously we've got rats on both ends of the stick, but i'm sure as natural selection has it, They'll be weeded out at some point :-)
    03-11-09 11:15 AM
    At the end of the day, this is a privately owned forum so the the admin can act and ban people as they see fit. Just like bouncers who dont let you into clubs because they dont like the look of you.

The best thing to do is have a teaspoon of cement and harden up a bit.
    Exactly.

Push comes to shove, the people who run this forum can do whatever they want or ban whomever they want. It doesn't have to be "right" or "fair", that's just how it is.
    03-11-09 11:17 AM
    ive been a member here for a decent while but not an avid poster and id like to just say that i find this whole situation funny because like others have said, its just a website....all be it an amazing one! I agree that we have free speech to discuss as we please but there are also rules set up for a reason so things like this dont get out of hand. im ok with all these rules and im also aware of them i wont come close to crossing that line cuz in the end its not worth getting kicked off cuz i threw a temper tantrum. I think this wholer arguement shouldve been taken up in private as to avoid all this discussion. although it is entertaining to read haha. In the end I say we are lucky to be here and lucky to have Kevin and all he shares with us. the people here are great and if others feel they dont agree and think mods are unfair then like others have said, they can leave. All i have to say is its not our website so dont abuse it. in the bad way. abuse it in the good way haha
    03-11-09 11:19 AM
    Bla1ze, I'm not questioning authority and rule breaking, so Please don't take it as that.
    I'm not even down talking the moderators. All i felt that the situation had become a double standard.
    I feel a lot of people "blame" crucial for things because he sticks his nose out the furthest of the moderators. (I personally don't have a grudge to him, nor you nor any moderator at this point and time)

Point in fact, you've pretty much sad what you're going to say. I'll leave it as that. Thank you for your reply once again. It's a good community here. Obviously we've got rats on both ends of the stick, but i'm sure as natural selection has it, They'll be weeded out at some point :-)
    No, my thanks go out to you in actually addressing the situation in a civil way rather then getting up in arms about it and digging deep into things that are totally non relevant.

The community is getting larger day by day and like you said, natural selection will have it's way in any case, those who want to be here and help with the growth will be, those who are only here to start flame wars, cause trouble and troll can find their way out, it's right through the same door they came in.
    03-11-09 11:21 AM
    Fact of the matter is that when stuff like this goes down, we do take action. You may not see it - but you don't see the other 100+ emails the mods trade during the day. Part of our volunteer position is keeping things in the forums civil - and we try the best we can. Sometimes things just get out of hand and we handle them the best we know how. We haven't had training in any of this - we just go with the forums rules and what we feel is right. No mod ever makes a decision on his/her own. We always have a discussion before invoking any actions. Things would be a lot easier if these arguments didn't take place, but we can't do much on that front. We try to let the members police themselves from time to time, but that only works for so long. You're damned if you do, and damned if you don't. We try to close threads that we feel will lead to trouble, then a user will start another thread complaining that the first was closed, when they could just accept it and move on. So its a vicious circle. The best way to keep things like this under control is to not argue in the first place, report any posts that will lead to trouble, and try to respect the actions of the mods and know that we act for the best interest of the community. I've said it before - any time you have issues you can always PM me. I have no affiliations with anyone and I'm here to help the community and keep the forums straight. If people don't like me for it - so be it. I kept this thread open in hopes that we can have a discussion and try to knock out why these things happen, and try to prevent them in the future.
    03-11-09 11:25 AM
    +1 for azeis
    03-11-09 11:31 AM
    +2 good post azeis.

bad thing is a post like that the other night might have calmed things down before all the shyte went too far.
    03-11-09 11:34 AM
    +2 good post azeis.

bad thing is a post like that the other night might have calmed things down before all the shyte went too far.
    Unfortunately (unlike half the mod team) I sleep normal hours at night - so when stuff goes down after midnight, its hard for us to communicate and by the time we do its too far in
    03-11-09 11:36 AM
    When (on any forum) have you ever seen a moderator banned for their actions?

I'm not going to go into the specifics on how or what actions were taken against CX, but the issue at hand with moderation and levels of moderation are being looked at, not just for CX but as a whole for the forums in general, not just the Storm forums, but CrackBerry as a whole.

I think this is the quote everyone has missed. If CX was out of line I would says he has had his punishment; but he will not be publicly punished because that would not say a lot for the internal team at CB. It would be like fighting with your wife in public and any normal person would not argue with your spouse in public if it was possible to avoid. Somethings need to be dealt with out of public view. No one that is not a moderator of this site will ever know what happened internally unless you are a member of the staff of the site and that is the way it should be!

Lets just leave what has happened in the past and move on if we keep hanging on to this the community will fall apart and then there will be nothing left.

I'm sure the ones who were banned will be back at some point.

Now back to .114!
    03-11-09 11:42 AM
    Unfortunately (unlike half the mod team) I sleep normal hours at night - so when stuff goes down after midnight, its hard for us to communicate and by the time we do its too far in

yup,..... gotcha.
    i run heavy equipment for heavy highway road construction. i am usually laid off from November till about April. SO i dont know what i will do when its time to go back to work and im not on here at 2 am. LOL
    Hopefully the gold code will be released by then and i wont have to spend 2 hours on here everyday.
    03-11-09 11:45 AM
    You guys did the best you could the other night! The thread was open for some time, and the moderators tried to calm things down and to engage in open dialog, but some folks, MANY folks got out of control, and you guys did what you had to do.
    03-11-09 11:47 AM
    ibtl post ***** post
    03-11-09 11:49 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD