I have joined the BB world with the receipt of my new Storm on Saturday. I have been working with it for a while now and even though I am far from a tech geek (actually quite the opposite) I am impressed wtih how easily I have been able to set up the basics. That said, I have a few questions that I have not been able to figure out the answers to:

1) I use Gmail (mail and calendar) and have used google sync to get everything on to the BB. However, on my BB I see three buttons for messages. One for SMS/MMS, one for my Gmail account and one more that is just "messages". Thing is the "messages" button has all of the gmail in it as well as what I THINK are PIN messages, missed calls, etc. Ideally I would rather not have my gmail in here too. What's the fix for that?

2) My gmail has several folders in it. Certain folders I'd rather were not pushed to my BB. Anyway to do this?

Thanks for your help. I am finding this to be an amazing device and have yet to encounter some of the problems that people have complained about. For the most part it works perfectly and with a few tweeks here and there I imagine it will only get better.

Cheers,

Pete
    11-24-08 11:24 AM
    Since you've got yours working properly, can I ask you, would you mind checking to see what your default settings are under settings, advanced, default services? I'm wondering if these should be set to my gmail address or left as the BB address from vzw? I only ever use gmail, and I want my calendar synced to google. Thanks!
    11-24-08 11:29 AM
    Glad to.

for Calendar it says [email protected]

For messaging it says [email protected]

Note, I have not posted my actual email address here.
    11-24-08 11:32 AM
    Terrific--thanks so much!
    11-24-08 11:33 AM
    bumping this back to the top....anyone?
    11-24-08 07:49 PM
    Anyone have an answer to the question in the OP?
    11-25-08 12:38 PM
    Is Gmail the ony email you are using? If so you have the icon for gmail; I assume you have an icon for SMS and MMS; you can simply hide the messages folder from the main screen.

The messages folder is like WM message center - it shows everything; BB messages, PIN, missed call, email, pop/imap email. If you have a sep. icon for what you need - hide it.
    11-25-08 12:40 PM
    Well, I'd still like to be able to see missed calls and pin messages. So, I'd rather not "hide" it. Isn't there a way to make my email not show up in the "messages" folder?
    11-25-08 01:08 PM
    i'd like that too... i have missed some voice mails because it is thrown in with all the emails. i would like vms in one folder and emails in another. is there a way to do that? thanks
    11-25-08 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD