I know this is a bit of a "new" question but I can't see this explained clearly anywhere.

So you have a bunch of preset profiles (I'm thinking you can't edit those) and you have custom profiles.. pretty easily understood.

But what the **** is ""set ring tones/alerts" for? Does it supersede your current profile? does it only come into effect at certain times?

I don't get it, please help.

Much thanks!
    01-16-09 06:17 PM
    It allows you to change the ring tones/alerts for your current sound profile. So if you want to change how your phone behaves while in vibrate mode, set your phone to the vibrate profile and then go to "Set Ring Tones/Alerts" to set the options. You can do the same with all of the profiles this way.
    01-16-09 07:16 PM
    Basically you made the wrong assumption about not being able to did the preset sound profiles. The set rings/alerts is what actually allows you to change those profiles.
    01-16-09 07:29 PM
    Good question� I'm still kind of a newb at this too and didn't know that set rings/alerts changed the current profile I thought it just changed the normal profile

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 08:03 PM
    good stuff, i never notied that the setting stuck. There was a serious lack of info about this setting everywhere.

Much appreciated!
    01-16-09 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD