So, I have set my phones profile to vibrate, however I have set three of my contacts to a unique ringtone and when they call while my phone is set to vibrate my phone still rings. Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong. I have seemed to notice this since downloading to .75 last week.
    12-09-08 05:15 PM
    If you have set a custom ringtone on a profile, it will still ring while on vibrate.

Suggestion is to create your own "vibrate" profile.
    12-09-08 05:21 PM
    Did you create custom alerts for contacts? If so, are they set to active profile? If not, then there is the source of the problem. Basically if you did assign a different setting than the active profile then the custom setting for that contact will do something other then what the profile setting is set to do.

Hope this helps.
    12-09-08 05:21 PM
    I went under profiles and Set Contact Alerts and this is where I set different ringtones for my contacts. do I need to make sure that the Volume, LED and Vibration are set to active profile for it to work right?
    12-09-08 05:58 PM
    I went under profiles and Set Contact Alerts and this is where I set different ringtones for my contacts. do I need to make sure that the Volume, LED and Vibration are set to active profile for it to work right?
    yes you do.
    12-09-08 06:13 PM
    Mine are set to active profile and they still ring.
    12-09-08 06:19 PM
    Did you create custom alerts for contacts? If so, are they set to active profile? If not, then there is the source of the problem. Basically if you did assign a different setting than the active profile then the custom setting for that contact will do something other then what the profile setting is set to do.

Hope this helps.
    Yeah, sorry but this does not work and if you find a way to make it work I'd be grateful, but I have tested it and reset it every which way and still no luck. This is probably going to have to be a RIM fix. Hopefully if enough people scream enough they will get on it.
    12-10-08 09:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD