I ran running a Storm OS 4.7.0.75 on Verizon and the Service status icon changes extremely frequently. It cycles between 1XEV, 1X, EV (usually just between 1XEV and 1X). Has anyone encountered this before?

Theme: Storm Today Plus Hidden
    3rd Party Apps: Beyond160, Facebook, FML, Gmail, Google Maps, Google Sync, Google Talk, labyrinth, Lights Out, logMaid, MeterBerry, Pandora, Poynt, QuickLaunch, slydial, StormLock, Viigo, WeatherBug, YouTube

Thanks
    05-29-09 05:25 PM
    Mine does that as well. I'm on .148. Not sure what it is but its been doing it the last two weeks

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:40 PM
    I get that occasionally. Usually in rural bfe type areas.

05-29-09 05:43 PM
    I've been getting this in the past month or so. I try to update my roaming every few weeks and run a diagnostic test.
    05-29-09 06:17 PM
    I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I kept changing from 1XEV to 1xev and found this suggestion from JRSCCivic98...

JRSCCivic98
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
    Device Model: Storm - It's CLICKTASTIC!!! �
    PIN: I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. || Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums!

The solutions to this are to make sure you're on the latest OS update for your phone, but most importantly that you're on the latest PRL for the network you're on. For Verizon, dial *22899 and wait for the provision update to complete. If you dial #HELP* Send before and after and look at the PRL version you'll be able to see if the version number changed. The PRL is what drives the phone radio's ability to connect to the cell towers for service and it's something that changes almost on a monthly basis. Keep it up to date.

It has stabilized my reception.

Grey
    05-29-09 06:50 PM
    I get that occasionally. Usually in rural bfe type areas.

This is not in anywhere rural. This is in a suburb right outside New York City. Service is usually perfect.

I'm not sure if this is the same thing, but I kept changing from 1XEV to 1xev and found this suggestion from JRSCCivic98...

JRSCCivic98
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses
    Device Model: Storm - It's CLICKTASTIC!!! �
    PIN: I'm the Page Ranking person for Crackberry. || Don't be a CEO, Search the Forums!

The solutions to this are to make sure you're on the latest OS update for your phone, but most importantly that you're on the latest PRL for the network you're on. For Verizon, dial *22899 and wait for the provision update to complete. If you dial #HELP* Send before and after and look at the PRL version you'll be able to see if the version number changed. The PRL is what drives the phone radio's ability to connect to the cell towers for service and it's something that changes almost on a monthly basis. Keep it up to date.

It has stabilized my reception.

Grey
    I tried this and unfortunately, it did not fix my problem. Service status still oscillates
    05-30-09 02:19 AM
    This may be due to your location..

you might not be in a great 3g area and it could just simply be popping in and out.
    05-30-09 04:51 AM
    This may be due to your location..

you might not be in a great 3g area and it could just simply be popping in and out.
    Unfortunately, this also happens in New York City's Times Square which I am pretty sure is 3G capable.
    05-30-09 08:47 PM
    Guys, VZW has been going all up and down the East Coast changing the layout of their network to make way for the Alltel tower changes that they were forced by the FCC to diversify during the buyout of Alltel. This means that over the next few weeks/months you will see spotty coverage from time to time. All you can do is call 611 and complain, so that they get the picture that what they are doing... they aren't doing quick enough or in such a way that it's not affecting their customers in a negative manner. If you want to be one of the good guys, then you'll just sit back and relax/wait it out until it stabalizes.

BTW, someone in your neck of the woods up there lost all data just yesterday... obviously most likely it's network transitions or local outages.
    05-30-09 08:58 PM
    Guys, VZW has been going all up and down the East Coast changing the layout of their network to make way for the Alltel tower changes that they were forced by the FCC to diversify during the buyout of Alltel. This means that over the next few weeks/months you will see spotty coverage from time to time. All you can do is call 611 and complain, so that they get the picture that what they are doing... they aren't doing quick enough or in such a way that it's not affecting their customers in a negative manner. If you want to be one of the good guys, then you'll just sit back and relax/wait it out until it stabalizes.

BTW, someone in your neck of the woods up there lost all data just yesterday... obviously most likely it's network transitions or local outages.

this is good information thanks for sharing...

I guess its going to happen at somepoint..
    05-30-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD