Okay, so I've been a long-time lurker here. My first bb was a pearl. After two of those died, I switched to an unlocked 8310 - all on tmo. Eventually the camera, h, and zero all died, and I was tired of tmo's cruddy reception, and wanted to switch.
    I'd read all the good things about the s2 on here, as well as contrary and lackluster reviews on other sites, which could be summarised as, "Meh, poopy browser, my iphone has a hentai app.". I was a bit hesitant though - I tried a storm1 when it first came out and hated it. I thought I would never leave a physical keyboard, mainly because I'm the kind of guy who has to have correct grammar and spelling, and little to no abbreviation or concatenation.
    So I checked the s2 out in a vzw store and actually had most of what I typed turn out okay.

Thus I bit and bought, and I'm really pleased. I had to turn off all the autocorrection and autocompletion, and set the sensitivity and hover to the mnimum intervals, but that's all the tweaking I've had to do. I don't find the screen click to be too loud or hard, but then again, I'm a hard-pounding typist.

I only have a couple of minor complaints. The first is the alt key - I do not like the slight pause, but if I don' t use punctuation or special characters, I'm typing far more quickly than on the curve or bold. Thesecond is the browser, but we all know about that. Still, the 5.0 browser on the s2 works pretty darn well. It just needs to be a wee bit faster and have improved frames compatibility. Opera works pretty well, but has the same issue with frames.

But the final proof for me is that I was able to type this entire post with minimal backspacing or correction, and that rocks. Sorry for all the people having issues with their storm2s. Mine is a fine shiny piece of kick-erse.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by orgonebox; 11-05-09 at 11:18 AM.
    11-05-09 11:15 AM
    Good to hear you're enjoying it!
    11-05-09 11:23 AM
    Glad you are liking it! Me Too!!! I love it!
    11-05-09 11:25 AM
    Congtats on your new s2, I know how you feel I love mine aswell.

11-05-09 11:35 AM
    Congrats! After my first week with the S2 I absolutely love it. I was apprehensive at first but the S2 works very well. I'm glad I upgraded

Last edited by stevcha; 11-05-09 at 12:07 PM.
    11-05-09 11:48 AM
    I just got mine yesterday and i have not put it down. It is my first BB and i am suprised that I am catching on to the touch screen typing so quick. Despite the negative reviews, I am also very pleasantly pleased.
    11-05-09 11:54 AM
    Glad you like it The typing is what really sold me on this phone, too.

11-05-09 11:59 AM
    Sorry to swerve momentarily off-topic, but Cain, I couldn't help but notice your avatar.

It's a shame that the GIF isn't animated, it's a classic!
    11-05-09 12:01 PM
    as someone who went from bb to iphone back to bb there is no comparison.. iphone is a toy for kids.. if u need the games and other crap so be it but if u need a phone firsr and foremost with ability to do things u should be able to do then there is no comparison..bb rules...plus how can i leave verizon for no service
    11-05-09 12:07 PM
    Sorry to swerve momentarily off-topic, but Cain, I couldn't help but notice your avatar.

It's a shame that the GIF isn't animated, it's a classic!
    Thanks. Yeah, it's a classic to us nerds, anyway. I haven't really updated my profile in awhile. I might just slap the animated version up there.

11-05-09 12:08 PM
    as someone who went from bb to iphone back to bb there is no comparison.. iphone is a toy for kids.. if u need the games and other crap so be it but if u need a phone firsr and foremost with ability to do things u should be able to do then there is no comparison..bb rules...plus how can i leave verizon for no service
    Heh. Just had to use internet explorer on my rather fast laptop, and I think that the bb browser is faster.

11-05-09 03:44 PM
    Must say its great seeing more "I love this phone threads" then the bunch of complaining threads the S1 had. RIM really rebounded this time around.
    11-05-09 03:56 PM
    I agree completely.

Got my Storm 2 a few days ago, can't stop using it.

Hoping that battery life gets better as it's conditioned! I fly on the keyboard!
    11-05-09 03:58 PM
    The Storm2 is my first personal BB and I could not be happier. My wife's S2 freaked out on the second day and VZ replaced it no problem. Both S2s are working great. My only problem is that it's hard to put down.=)
    11-05-09 04:03 PM
    I hate each and every one of you. You may appease me by offering your storms.

11-05-09 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD