To avoid ranting too much, I'm just gonna get straight to the point.

Ever since OS .75, My Media player seems to have some invisible setting that controls my volume output when I'm listening to Music. At first (and my still be) it seemed random, but what happens is that the Music volume would drop by half whenever the song starts to get loud or has heavy bass. It sounds a lot like something you would hear on a radio... like if its only vocals at the very beginning, and then when the rest of the band explodes into the song the entire track goes down in volume.

Someone once told me that it was my Headset Equalizer option... but I always have that on OFF, so why the **** would it be turning on when it says off, or when I never make it so. I finally figured out that after a Battery pull, it would stop doing this, but it would resume this issue if I were to ever turn off my phone at any point, and wouldnt adjust until the next battery pull. So basically I was doing a battery pull every day, because I use my phone to listen to music when I'm on my way home from work.

I've been on the .75 OS, I think .90 and now .109. This issue has been there since .75 and it drives me nuts. It makes the music sound like ****, and I hate having to do a 6 minute battery pull everytime I want to listen to music without it sounding like crap.

Does anyone know anything about this?? Thanks in advance.
    03-04-09 08:51 PM
    I have a similar issue - will be listening to music and at the start of a new song, my volume automatically turns up to full volume, subsequently causing me to go deaf and throw the phone across my desk. Have the EQ off too.
    03-18-09 10:28 AM
    I have a similar problem as well. While at work I have my storm plugged into my external speakers for my PC. I play songs all day, its great!! Every now and then, my volume drops in half or is totally muted.

From what I can tell this only happens when the music is playing in the background.

All I do is hit the volume up once on the side of the phone and I have normal volume again.

** Note ** This NEVER happens with the ear buds that shipped with my storm. I wonder if there is a difference using a headset with a mic versus a generic sterio connection??

Any thoughts on this?
    03-18-09 10:55 AM
    I use the earbuds that came with the phone as well ans have no issues either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 11:00 AM
    I use Shure e2cs (no mic) and have never had this problem.
    03-18-09 11:26 AM
    The music player gets messed up the first time an alert comes in once you're listening to it, be it an email, voicemail, etc. Apparently it cuts the audio signal so the alert tone doesn't blow your eardrums, but always fails to return to normal volume until a battery pull. This is still an issue in the latest leaked firmwares and hybrids. A workaround is to do a battery pull and once it comes back up immediately put it into vibrate only mode. No more volume issues for that session of music listening.
    03-18-09 11:26 AM
    I noticed too, but I thought it was something to regulate the volume so as to not do damage to the listeners ears. Like the OP said, basically the quiet parts are just as loud as the loud parts. It's very annoying, especially when you care about sound quality as much as I do.
    03-18-09 11:46 AM
    The music player gets messed up the first time an alert comes in once you're listening to it, be it an email, voicemail, etc. Apparently it cuts the audio signal so the alert tone doesn't blow your eardrums, but always fails to return to normal volume until a battery pull. This is still an issue in the latest leaked firmwares and hybrids. A workaround is to do a battery pull and once it comes back up immediately put it into vibrate only mode. No more volume issues for that session of music listening.
    I've used every beta for the 9530, and have never had the issue you mention.

The only known issue that I can think of is sometimes the media player will go full blast at random, but it's a bug expected to big fixed in the next official release.
    03-18-09 01:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD