Considering that the Storm is now priced at $49, if the Iphone was to be released on the Verizon Network, do you see the price of the IPhone coming down to as low at 50 dollars within a years time? I don't see it.

Just curious.
    09-16-09 12:37 PM
    Considering that the Storm is now priced at $49, if the Iphone was to be released on the Verizon Network, do you see the price of the IPhone coming down to as low at 50 dollars within a years time? I don't see it.

Just curious.
    Only if a second addition iPhone gets released. That is verizons way at making money. It doesnt actually determine the value of a device. Verizon would still be paying a certain amount to apple for every device no matter how much verizon decides to charge for it. The money is in the contracts they get you to sign. Verizons good at that kind of sht. The contracts they get us to sign are what gives the th emoney to buy more bulk of the device and charge less than full retail and the process starts over and over.
    Last edited by Card Storm; 09-16-09 at 12:59 PM.
    09-16-09 12:56 PM
    well, how much do hand grenades cost?

VS
    09-16-09 12:59 PM
    laughmyassoff
    09-16-09 01:01 PM
    Nope. They only discount reburbished iPhones and new ones are only discounted with a newer version is released. They don't need to lower the price because people will buy them regardless. Don't need buy 1 get 1 free.
    09-16-09 01:10 PM
    Nope. They only discount reburbished iPhones and new ones are only discounted with a newer version is released. They don't need to lower the price because people will buy them regardless. Don't need buy 1 get 1 free.
    doesnt mean verizon wont do it. The point is to sway people into more contracts.
    09-16-09 01:19 PM
    No offense, but this is kind of a pointless thread. The iPhone will not even be thought of as "Available for Verizon" until 2011. AT&T is currently working out a contract that may even make it impossible for Verizon to touch an iPhone until 2012. Apple is however, working with Verizon on their new Tablet...but due to contracts...no iPhone for verizon for the next 2 years (at the very least). That's why I bought a Blackberry (Storm). And after spending a week tweeking the thing, getting rid of apps, downloading good apps...I now love it..and probably would not buy an iPhone anyhow. It's only advantage is speed and crappy apps. (The games are sweet though!!!!)
    09-16-09 01:25 PM
    odin odin odin odin
    09-16-09 01:31 PM
    Still confused on who does the promotions I see. Sad...

doesnt mean verizon wont do it. The point is to sway people into more contracts.
    Yep, Verizon will probably do a buy one get one free promotion anyway. Who in their right mind wouldn't want a "free" iPhone (even though it's not really free and Verizon just got another $3,000 out of you for that extra line)?

Especially when it's on a network that's got a better overall coverage, is more reliable, and will most likely have MMS and tethering good-to-go right off the bat.
    09-16-09 01:39 PM
    A few weeks ago I was so hoping the iPhone would come to Verizon. I was checking the internet almost daily hoping to see a glimmer of a chance.

Now, that I finally got a Storm, I could care less. I have nothing against the iPhone, just that I feel the Storm is a better device.
    09-16-09 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD