I have no clue but i think it has been since i downloaded the appleberry theme my memory has been draining extra fast i have deleted a lot of apps and its still the same thing... anybody experiencing this as well?
    Last edited by Sha Bby; 02-19-09 at 09:28 PM. Reason: spelling errors. lolz
    02-19-09 09:27 PM
    I haven't had an issue with memory but may battery was draining faster. I have since switched back to the default

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-19-09 09:34 PM
    I have had neither one of those problems with the theme, what OS are you guys running?
    You should probably post this in the Appleberry forum...
    02-19-09 09:43 PM
    Same here. Memory is steady on this theme. I'm running OS .99
    02-19-09 09:46 PM
    I'm still waiting for the part about the memory leak. I see something about increased memory usage, but not a leak.
    02-19-09 09:58 PM
    Huge memory loss after installing the appleberry theme. Down to 4MB. Pulled the battery and back to 30MB. Go figure.

02-19-09 10:11 PM
    yes its bad i used to run around 45 now i am at 18 since installing it. i do love the theme though i just don't know how much longer i am going to put up with it
    02-19-09 10:14 PM
    I had the same problem, removed the theme and i'm back to stable 40-45
    02-19-09 10:19 PM
    sounds like it was cacheing or overlaying UI items ontop of each other. I never used the theme, but so far sounds like that would be the problem why as you continue to use it, the memory is getting drained because it keeps loading UI items ontop of each other, rather than clearing them then reloading the top layer items. There was a similar problem with OEM wallapers+theme wallpaper+custom wallpaper being set, the 3 kept overlaying ontop of each other rather than 1 wallpaper loaded.
    02-19-09 10:26 PM
    yeah i was actually just down to 7.9 with appleberry
    02-19-09 10:48 PM
    I have no clue but i think it has been since i downloaded the appleberry theme my memory has been draining extra fast i have deleted a lot of apps and its still the same thing... anybody experiencing this as well?
    Running .99 here and since installing the Appleberry theme (which I like alot) I've noticed that my memory has gone down substantially and the battery seems to drain about twice as fast.

Guess I'll have to live without the fancy theme and go back to stock and see what happens.
    02-19-09 11:03 PM
    I've had no issues. I only run quicklaunch and quickpull + standard apps though. I go from 33 - 40 megs depending on what is loaded into the system as I use it. I would more so blame other apps than Aberry.
    02-19-09 11:27 PM
    I'm still waiting for the part about the memory leak. I see something about increased memory usage, but not a leak.
    Being condescending always helps.
    02-19-09 11:32 PM
    my memory goes down faster through the day... thats a memory leak, no?
    02-20-09 12:02 AM
    Did you uninstall any previous versions of the AppleBerry theme you might have? I just installed the .103 OS update and the AppleBerry theme update and my memory seems to be good. If anything it fluctuates by 1 or 2mb.
    02-20-09 12:33 AM
    I'm using a 9500 with v4.7.0.106, I have appleberry installed but I'm using the original BB theme.

After battery pull - 41.8mb

1 hour - 34.8mb

4 hours - 26mb

12 hours - 19mb

I'm mainly using SMS and eMail, the only third party apps installed are Bolt and Crackberry.com.
    02-20-09 02:58 AM
    i had the same issue with the memory leak and im on .99
    02-20-09 03:07 AM
    No. That's just increased memory consumption. A leak happens when that memory is not properly freed up when it's needed at some later point in time. Not you, or probably anyone on this particular board, but some moron down the line started calling something a memory leak without really understanding what a memory leak is, and started a chain reaction of other people perpetuating their ignorance.
    02-20-09 07:05 AM
    Java has the ability to reserve memory that it �thinks� will be needed. You can see you memory going down and down but that isn�t necessarily a bad thing. The space is just being allocated but not actually being used. Once in a while the garbage collector will run and free portions of memory. To be a leak the memory would have to no longer be needed and not be freed. What you, and others, are describing is not a leak nor is it bad. Let me ask you this: when the mem goes down how does your phone respond? I have seen 0mb of app mem and the phone is the same as normal. Too many people are caught up in some magic number of app mem. If the phone works and is responsive then it doesn�t matter.

Oh, that was a horribly simplistic view of java but I think you get the point.
    02-20-09 08:10 AM
    Free app mem = overrated! I want someone to pick up a random storm and use it for 2 mins and tell me the precious free mem app number without checking in options.

02-20-09 08:16 AM
    No. That's just increased memory consumption. A leak happens when that memory is not properly freed up when it's needed at some later point in time. Not you, or probably anyone on this particular board, but some moron down the line started calling something a memory leak without really understanding what a memory leak is, and started a chain reaction of other people perpetuating their ignorance.
    Ohhh. Well thanks for lettin me kno. (not being sarcastic)

02-20-09 09:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD