Does any one have any experience with or know if it is possible to have 2 numbers on one device? I would like to use the current cell number for voice only and add an existing, Data only (number) account (both with Verizon) for BES and BIS connection.
    This is to allow a user with a company owned device (data only) to add their personal cell number to the device they must carry and eliminate the need for a sceond cell (only) phone.
    05-19-09 12:04 PM
    I do not think you can run both BIS and BES on the same device.

I get the point of not carrying 2 phones, but just realize once you put BES that they can monitor all of the internet functions of your phone.
    05-19-09 12:06 PM
    BIS and BES will work on the same device (up to 10 BIS accounts) but only 1 BES account can be used, and they can't monitor what is not logged. The BES does not monitor use of the Verizon internet browser, Only the MDS browser.
    Last edited by TGrabowski; 05-19-09 at 01:17 PM.
    05-19-09 01:14 PM
    And the BES should only see the line and activity associated with the data only number that used to retrive information through the BES server not the secondary number used to make phone calls or send txt messages. I believe
    05-19-09 01:21 PM
    BIS and BES will work on the same device (up to 10 BIS accounts) but only 1 BES account can be used, and they can't monitor what is not logged. The BES does not monitor use of the Verizon internet browser, Only the MDS browser.
    10 Email accounts do you mean?
    05-19-09 01:24 PM
    yup........
    05-19-09 01:31 PM
    This is an old thread, but has some answers for you: 2 telephone numbers 1 SIM

Then read the last post in this thread: 2 phone numbers 1 BB (this makes it sound like you will need two different service providers, though)
    05-19-09 01:45 PM
    email accounts and BIS accounts are different things.
    05-19-09 02:24 PM
    If I have a gmail account, a verizon account, an Excite account, and a Blackberry email account(s)my device, how many Email/BIS accounts do I have?
    05-19-09 02:29 PM
    you have 1 bis account from your cell phone provider (verizon) with 4 email address's linked to the phone.

get it?
    05-19-09 03:37 PM
    yup i get it, that's what I said to begin with.
    05-19-09 03:42 PM
    you had actually said 10 bis accounts, but its all good no biggie,

either way, i dont have a good answer to your question, so i wont clutter the thread with anything else.
    05-19-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD