Does the Storm provide for the separation of BES/enterprise and BIS inboxes? In other words, could I keep my enterprise email in one icon, my BIS-Gmail email in another, and my BIS-Yahoo in yet another? And throw in another icon for SMSs.

To achieve this on the Pearl, I had to get Empower's BES Mailbox -- which achieves the feat very simply (I think it's just a search "macro" with an icon).

Thanks.
    11-22-08 06:26 PM
    I have the same exact question!!!

Anyone know?? Or will Empower's BES Mailbox even work on the storm?
    11-24-08 10:36 AM
    i only think you can have each mailbox seperately, which comes by default on the home screen but you may have to show all icons to see it. each email inbox should have its own icon
    11-24-08 10:50 AM
    I had the same problem but made some changes on the BES server and now I have separate boxes. I think it my be in the IT policy I had setup. I will check out my setting and post back the changes I made.
    11-24-08 11:26 AM
    This may be what I changed and it worked.
    In the IT policy editor on the left is there is a menu item called "service exclusivity policy group" and I put everything to the default.
    I attached a screen shot. I hope this helps
    JOE
    11-24-08 11:53 AM
    msmpugs98 -

I just want to confirm that you are saying that the Storms that are on your BES are capable of having a dedicated email folder that contain ONLY work related (BES) emails? And all other emails and messages remain in their own respective folders?

If yes, do I need to do anything more other than forwarding your last two posts to my IT department, and ask them to do this? Or is it more complicated than that?
    11-24-08 12:33 PM
    Liquidsense --

Before I added the storm to our BES server I upgrades to service pack 6 and ran the latest service release.
    I made a couple changes to the IT policy and now I have my two other emails I setup in the email setup page on the home screen. And I can also choose what email account I want to send an email from. But what I have noticed is that the messages button also has the email messages in them from both my BES server and my other accounts. The only way to just view my inbox on the BES server is to go to the inbox folder under the view folder and choose inbox. You can have them setup another policy for you and see if it works. But to answer your question I can only have a dedicated folder for BES email by choosing the inbox folder. I looked to see if there is another icon for BES email and I can't find one. If there is a way to set the initial view to the BES inbox then it would work.
    11-24-08 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD