So I have sent my storm off from vodafone store because I cant use it at work... got no signal well its showing but saying no signal when trying to send a message or call someone... which is annoying because I couldnt ask if my mum wanted anything from my work...
    Vodafone didnt know the answer then.. so they told me to send it off
    Now I'm stuck with my curve and I cant it use it after the storm
    Now I have to wait for texts to see when I can pick up the storm or what is happening
    03-05-09 03:00 PM
    Sure hope Vodafone either replaces it or fixes it. Seems liek a hardware issue inside your Storm if you ask me. There is a very slight chance that it was a Vodafone problem, but I would assume if it were that it would be wider spread.

Going from the Storm back to the Curve isnt too bad....imagine if you had to go back to....say a "regular" non-pda, non-smartphone, no internet, no qwerty, only make and recive calls type of phone....OMG....that would SUCK.
    03-05-09 03:11 PM
    is there anyone else at your work with the same carrier that had service? hopefully it was only a hardware issue
    03-05-09 03:25 PM
    Let us know what happens Gemma...
    03-05-09 03:27 PM
    is there anyone else at your work with the same carrier that had service? hopefully it was only a hardware issue
    i remember her other post, everyone else worked fine. Sounds like a phone issue to me. Sucks that vodafone takes the thing back though before giving you a replacement or attempting to fix it. Hooray VZW here in the states :P
    03-05-09 03:28 PM
    Yeah, I would say 99% that it was a hardware malfunction. For it be be as localized as it seems to have been. Also, if your Curve works....and is on Vodafone too, then its not a carrier issue. Signals for calls are never model specific as far as I know.
    03-05-09 03:28 PM
    loads of people have the same network now its my phone they asked me that and i told them
    03-05-09 03:43 PM
    Yeah, I would say 99% that it was a hardware malfunction. For it be be as localized as it seems to have been. Also, if your Curve works....and is on Vodafone too, then its not a carrier issue. Signals for calls are never model specific as far as I know.
    yeah its the same network and i told them that
    03-05-09 03:50 PM
    That's bloody bad that they take your phone like that. I think my mum and dad have had issues with their phones on TMO in the UK and it's the same as over here - TMO UK sends a replacement along with a pre-paid shipping label - so you're not without your phone!

I'd be very interested to see what they say the problem is though - please be sure to post back here.

03-05-09 04:06 PM
    i never get signal
    03-05-09 04:11 PM
    i never get signal
    It's the network!

But in all seriousness, hopefully it is just a hardware failure. That's what I thought too, until I got mine swapped and realize that I still don't get much signal in my neighborhood, at work, or in most buildings. And I'm in the third-largest cellular market in the US. Hopefully Vodafone has their act together a little better (or at least doesn't BS everyone into believing they are the Jesus of networks).

When/if we find a way to enable the HSPA 850/1900 radio, I'm back to ATT so fast... Best of luck to the OP!
    03-05-09 04:21 PM
    Well, if it puts any of you at ease about US carriers, Im in Hawaii, and as far as selection goes, we have all major US carriers, but the service and signals are what we have to watch out for here.

Verizon rocks in my opinion. Ive heard some horror stories about Vodafone though in the UK from some relatives.
    03-05-09 04:26 PM
    i told vodafone that i wanted to use my old phone as i dont want to be told that i have damage theirs
    03-05-09 04:42 PM
    this is the only problem i have had with vodafone with signal...
    one of the best i have had for me.... but i can get signal on my old bb so there is something wrong my storm thou
    03-05-09 04:44 PM
    It's the network!

But in all seriousness, hopefully it is just a hardware failure. That's what I thought too, until I got mine swapped and realize that I still don't get much signal in my neighborhood, at work, or in most buildings. And I'm in the third-largest cellular market in the US. Hopefully Vodafone has their act together a little better (or at least doesn't BS everyone into believing they are the Jesus of networks).

When/if we find a way to enable the HSPA 850/1900 radio, I'm back to ATT so fast... Best of luck to the OP!
    it has only been down on my storm since having the snow storm which was bad in feb... was okay before that actually was fab was quick to get on the web too at my work...
    03-05-09 04:46 PM
    dats wild i hope my storm will neva have 2 b sent off
    03-05-09 04:54 PM
    vodafone send their phones off to their technical team to see if they can fix it
    03-05-09 04:57 PM
    I use my storm all the time at work, I work on the 4th floor and get decent service, which means I'm able to do everything with no issues, but when I'm in the middle of the building, I get no reception what so ever, kinda weird..
    03-05-09 05:10 PM
    yeah i use to... but now dont which is odd there is no point in me having the storm on me at work which means i only use it for like 6 hours a day...
    which isnt the point of it
    03-05-09 05:12 PM
    hi gemma as your probably aware you are not alone with this issue on the vodafone network i would say currently about 20-35% of consumers of the storm thro voda network in the uk are having 'issues' with the signal fluctuations and its inability to 'hold' a strong signal, mine even in a 3g area ( my sim in a samsung shows max strength 3g signal ) my storm manages to fluctuate between 2 bars of 3g with bb sign down to gprs ( lower case ).... the biggest thing is that voda still wont admit that they have an issue with this phone as that would involve a mass recall, something they will at all costs avoid.... the only thing you get from voda is that it should be sorted in a firmware upgrade comming soon....thats been the reply since early jan...
    03-05-09 05:18 PM
    mine shows full signal and 3g when im at work but when i send a text a get a big red cross and then i do check on my phone it says no network cover even though it shows full signal and 3g is on....
    they dont know why its doing that thou
    03-05-09 05:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD