05-28-09 03:23 PM
65 123
tools
    Well when the Co - CEO of RIM says, paraphrasing "We really messed this one up", I do feel like we are entitled to a device that works as described when they pitched the phone. I am still waiting for the Storm to perform like lewis Hamilton did in the first commercials out on the product. I don't think it would be unreasonable to offer $100/$150 credit off of full retail. VZW is caught holding the bag here, sucks for them, but thats the price of doing business. Technology is always moving forward, but a device should work, without having to load a leaked or hybrid O/S, to make it somewhat stable. I know some will say, the phone does work, and yes it does, but not all the features are reliable and I think that's where the rub lies with me. I want to be able to take a picture, switch to video and then attach it to a e-mail without the phone locking up. Is that too much to ask for apps that RIM loade on the device?
    Last edited by 2Krunk; 05-24-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Spelling was horrible...
    05-24-09 01:51 PM
    talking out of both sides of your mouth I see.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

CK, I can see his point. He does not feel as though he is owed something, but it could benefit VZW in providing good customer service and offering something.

My thoughts are that if it comes and I do not get some offer, to which I am NOT entitled, I will simply pay full retail if I choose to have one.

And for your next post, I for one of the few times, completely agree. RIM updates devices all the time and users do not get the next one down the chute for a discounted price.
    Last edited by madphone; 05-24-09 at 01:55 PM.
    05-24-09 01:53 PM
    Haha. Thanks for making me laugh

I'm a Volunteer Firefighter, not a paid firefighter. I'm a Fraud Prevention Manager for living. So I make money, and don't bust peoples asses all day long.

Let me explain this in a way that you understand.

You are 10-2 about the issues you pointed out. I agree with the "jesus phone" about what you said. Depending on your 10-20, you may or may not be in a large market area where the Storms are very common. Before we have a 10-54d on our hands and need a 10-55d, lets think logically. If verizon were to offer an incentive on Storms, would it only be fair that it offers it on other devices as well? Or is it just the storm?

Oh, and no the BMW isn't Red and it doesn't have a lightbar on top. Although red is a good color

Stay safe out there man.
    If only I knew what all those numbers meant... For a second i thought you were saying that he was the age of 10.... or between the ages of 10 and 2.... which made almost no sense to me because it normally goes from lowest to highest so it would really be 2 - 10. And then I got thinking... He's a police officer (hince the Blue Vs. Red comment). And then i realized that the numbers mean some kind of situation handled by either firemen or police officers.
    05-24-09 02:12 PM
    If only I knew what all those numbers meant... For a second i thought you were saying that he was the age of 10.... or between the ages of 10 and 2.... which made almost no sense to me because it normally goes from lowest to highest so it would really be 2 - 10. And then I got thinking... He's a police officer (hince the Blue Vs. Red comment). And then i realized that the numbers mean some kind of situation handled by either firemen or police officers.
    Still dont understand what the He## is being talked about here, oh well, lets move on.
    05-24-09 02:21 PM
    Those 2 guys are in the Village People and they are discussing tour dates is all.

Hope that helps.

05-24-09 02:42 PM
    Lets use a little common sense here. An upgrade if/when the Storm 2 is released has neither been confirmed nor denied by VZW. Nothing will be said definite until the phone is released. I think its in everyone's best interest who is not satisfied with the current Storm to call customer service, remember politely, and express your dissatisfaction with the phone. Every call you make is noted (or should be) to your account. Once the Storm 2 is released, then go to your local store or call customer service and try to work your charm. This is about the only option we have. VZW knows the Storm hasn't performed as expected and they have been drilled by us all. I still wouldm't count an upgrade or discount out. We won't know until the phone is released. As I stated on another thread...the next gen iPhone is about to be released. VZW is taking a huge gamble of losing tons of customers if some sort of upgrade/discount is not offered. Besides, if the Storm 2 is right around the corner, it make even more sense. Could be wishful thinking as the glass is half full!!!
    05-24-09 02:50 PM
    Those 2 guys are in the Village People and they are discussing tour dates is all.

Hope that helps.

Just funny that the second guy mad just as little sense as the first.

Mods, please close this one, pointless.
    05-24-09 03:16 PM
    talking out of both sides of your mouth I see.

Maybe you should go smoke some more weed and eat some more cereal might make you less angry. I will send you a box of "HaterO's".
    05-24-09 09:24 PM
    I don't eat HaterO's. Too much sugar.

05-25-09 12:53 AM
    I wonder everyone would feel entitled to a free or discounted upgrade if they had named it something other than "Storm 2". If it was "The Blackberry Quake - the next step in Blackberry Touchscreens" and did not carry the stigma of correcting an "error" in the Storm 1, then it would just be another new phone.
    05-25-09 01:19 AM
    Like I said in another thread just as ridiculous as this one. Sell your Storm and buy a Storm 2/Tour/whatever else you want.

You made your decision when you bought the phone and you also had 30 days to try it out for free. You obviously could live with all the flaws for 30 days but now that the Storm 2 is coming out soon, you can't deal with those 'issues' anymore?
    05-25-09 12:49 PM
    Like I said in another thread just as ridiculous as this one. Sell your Storm and buy a Storm 2/Tour/whatever else you want.

You made your decision when you bought the phone and you also had 30 days to try it out for free. You obviously could live with all the flaws for 30 days but now that the Storm 2 is coming out soon, you can't deal with those 'issues' anymore?
    Whoa tiger. As I explained in another post just as ridiculous as yours, the storm one is fine. However, it would be good customer service on vz's part to at least make an effort to do something for Gen 1 owners. Even apple/att did that. Your right I had 30 days to return it but I kept it cause I like it. Truth is when 2 does come out I will get it either way. Cereal killer says you can come over to his house, sit in his lap, and enjoy a bowl of "sugar free HaterO's" together.

05-25-09 01:47 PM
    Why the heck would they do something "special" for 1st iteration owners? Just to be nice? LOL

They should do something nice for the people that bought Curves and Pearls recently too.

Look you bought a device that they were offering at that time and signed an agreement WHICH THEY ARE HONORING and have honored. That they owe you.

If in that agreement there is mention of upgrading at a discounted price if a newer model 9530 was released within a 12 month period then ok. If not they are not going to do something nice for you lol. Come on just saying that sounds ridiculous.

You've been watching Oprah for too long : )

Btw thanks for the box of sugar free HaterO's. I appreciate the gesture but I only eat organic foods.

05-25-09 02:24 PM
    The fact that everybody that says AT&T upgraded iPhone users neglects to mention is: iPhone 1 users had to pay FULL RETAIL for their phones. Storm users did not.
    05-25-09 02:32 PM
    Gonna have to agree here with most everyone...I bought the storm because I wanted it. I also know that just because an new phone or upgraded phone is released to I expect verizon to cut me a deal because that new phone is coming out..would it be nice...Sure why not...but Im not going to ***** and moan because thier not going to cut me a deal. Quit Freaking Crying!!!! Suck it up and do like the rest of us...when it comes out I will just buy the new one!!
    05-25-09 02:49 PM
    im fine w having to buy storm 2 full price. im def interested to compare new storm w new iphone. excited actually
    05-26-09 03:38 AM
    well my thing is why is it apple can offer a discount and verizon cant bwn i had the old iphone and the newer one came out all i had to pay was $200 i think all carriers should be like that mostly since its basically the same phone

Don't you mean RIM, Verizon is the Cellular provider not the manufacturer like Apple.
    05-26-09 06:30 AM

brilliant! for those whose storm died after the 30 days, you should have envisioned that and returned it before the 30 days! for those who have had several storms die after the 30 days (like me).... well, that should have been even easier to foresee... we should have returned it before the 30 days.
    05-26-09 07:58 AM
    OP

You should of attached some pictures of the storm 2 from here

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-storm-2-hands
    05-26-09 08:00 AM
    The fact that everybody that says AT&T upgraded iPhone users neglects to mention is: iPhone 1 users had to pay FULL RETAIL for their phones. Storm users did not.
    you must not have ever bought a phone before your upgrade was due. plenty of people paid full retail for the storm. i added a 5th line of service (which i have no use for) so that i could pay $200. asking for a replacement of equal value on a phone that has had repeated problems is both fair and ethical.
    05-26-09 08:02 AM
    It appears that some folks don't understand what "customer retention" is...
    05-26-09 09:08 AM
    Maybe waiting one to one 1/2 more years would be worth seeing if the storm 2 will live up to the hype. Give it a little time and see if it has the same isues the first gen had. I too would like a little discount but not going to cry and cuse about it, just move on. Thanks to this website and the crackberry nation for all the leaked os's, if not for them I may have chucked this phone a long time ago...The new storm has no release date, so when it does your contract will be close to upgarde time. For now Im happy with my phone and await for more leaked os or an official update...Hahaha. I know bad joke
    05-26-09 09:40 AM
    Actually, you're entitled to a $25 discount after your first year if you sign up again for 2 years. Used to be $50 (basically 1/2 of your NE2 discount), but the cheapskates decided it would be a good idea to join the other corporate companies and shaft the consumer because the CEO doesn't have enough money coming in to play golf with all his buddies each day after his 2 hour lunch at the club.
    Woah, Verizon offers a $25 discount if you upgrade and sign a new 2 year contract if you upgrade within one year??? I'm asking because I upgraded a year into my contract to the storm (January) and they made me PAY a $20 upgrade fee and I got no discount even though I extended my contract 2 years.
    05-26-09 11:08 AM
    Why do people feel frustrated and "entitled" to a Storm 2 just because they got a Storm 1? The only thing you should want, is a better os. Besides that, you knew about the features and the click screen. If the Storm 2 comes out, and an official Storm 1 os isn't released that resolves the issues, then demand that they replace your phone with a Storm 2. Other than that, the complaints about Storm 2 is pretty ridiculous.
    I agree with you 100%. Storm 1 owners have reason to be angry if the Storm 2 is released without an updated official OS being released. But I don't think that Verizon owes current gen owners a brand new Storm 2 just because its released. The key thing here is an updated OS--because it would be a slap in the face if the new Storm comes out and the OS update for Gen 1 is absent--it kind of like Verizon says "FU current storm owners, we aren't going to support that garbage anymore."
    Last edited by rickjamess; 05-26-09 at 11:51 AM.
    05-26-09 11:21 AM
    Couple examples of why you are an *****. Right now we currently still sell the env2, Voyager and BB Curve...within the next couple weeks to a month we are releasing the Env3,Env Touch and Tour. If you are not informed enough to read up on your "major" purchase that is your fault, not verizon. So we are suppose to stop seling a product because the new and improved one is releasing next week, i dont think so. BTW, you had 30 days to return Storm 1 if you didnt like it.
    You are partially right--Verizon doesn't owe current customers a brand new device just because the newer device comes out.

However, if Verizon doesn't get their act together and approve a new official OS prior to the launch of the Storm 2, you better be damn sure that current customers have every right to complain. Gen 1 owners have been given the shaft with regards to OS support and I don't think it would be prudent to release a new model without the current model getting its much needed OS fix.

And further, I for one waited until the end of Jan to purchase my Storm and according to online reviews and talking to the sales-reps, the storm issues were resolved when 0.75 came out. Which was a lie. Then I was told by Verizon reps that new fixes would be out if I were patient!

Lastly, I'm not sure if you work for Verizon, but you should realize that there is no more free to try for 30 days program. Now, customers have 4 days to try their phones out before they are charged a return fee for the phones.
    05-26-09 11:46 AM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD