This never used to happen, but just started in maybe the past couple of weeks:

-when I use gmail to send an email, the sent email it now appears on my device as a sent message(with a check mark).

I like this because everynow and then I send myself an email as a reminder of something, except that those dont go through as "unread" to the device, just as "sent".

Is there a way to turn off automatic retrieving of "sent mail", and turn on retrieving messages I send to myself as unread received mail?
    05-13-10 05:02 PM
    Gmail 2-way sync seems to be operational now.
    05-13-10 05:25 PM
    That sounds like the case... any idea on how to edit the preferences? Can it be done on the device menu, or do I need to log onto BIS or something in gmail?
    05-13-10 07:17 PM
    Sounds like you need to make a filter in BIS (or use email set up on the phone) and say anything with a from: your email not be forwarded to the device
    05-14-10 08:03 AM
    Ah, just figured it out... click on mailbox to open it on the blackberry, BB key > options > general settings > hide sent messages. I don't remember doing anything that would have changed this, but oh well, it's back to normal.
    05-24-10 12:38 AM
    Ah, just figured it out... click on mailbox to open it on the blackberry, BB key > options > general settings > hide sent messages. I don't remember doing anything that would have changed this, but oh well, it's back to normal.
    It's just an automatic thing that started with the full two-way sync that was automatically turned on. Best way to not see it is to do what you did.
    05-24-10 12:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD