How do you send a sms message longer then 160 char. It makes me compose a new message instead of just allowing me keep typing...
    01-26-09 08:28 PM
    try searchin a lil this has been covered a lot.. the storm wont let u do it.. the only way is to send a mms message.
    01-26-09 08:35 PM
    Use MMS instead.
    01-26-09 08:35 PM
    How do you send a sms message longer then 160 char. It makes me compose a new message instead of just allowing me keep typing...
    The only way is to send by mms there have been many threads on this issue and this has been the only solution. Goodluck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-26-09 08:36 PM
    However is an mms message still counted as a "text message" on your plan? or is it under another category? Does it depend on your arrier and/or your plan? If so, does anyone know about Rogers? I prefer mms for the unlimited characters but I don't wanna be paying more.
    01-26-09 09:28 PM
    160 characters per message part is the limitation of the SMS technology not the phone. You have to use a different technology to accomplish your goals.

Here's some reading;
    Howstuffworks "How SMS Works"
    01-26-09 09:33 PM
    Actually it is a limitation of both. Yes SMS messages can only 160 or 140 characters depending on your carrier. Blackberry's for some reason don't let you carry anything over that limitation into a new text message, instead you have to send your current message and then start a new one. My girlfriend has an lg shine and we are both with telus and her phone will let her carry anything over 140 to a new message without having to send her current message. Really annoying since hers is a really basic phone.

01-26-09 10:34 PM
    That's one of the things I miss from my WinMo phone

01-26-09 10:45 PM
    The only way is to send by mms there have been many threads on this issue and this has been the only solution. Goodluck

This has become quite a pain too to only be able to type 160 char.
    01-27-09 12:47 AM
    I know on tmo and att you can send 6 messages of 160 characters it just comes as seperate messages so its not a blackberry thing. Its a verizon thing
    01-27-09 12:51 AM
    Its not a Verizon thing because I had an env2 and it let me keep typing and just sent the message as split messages. Its a Blackberry+Verizon thing.
    01-27-09 01:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD