Thankfully Verizon has the 30 day trial cause I'm sending this POS Storm back to them. With a forum like this that is so full of people looking for ways to make this work I am amazed everyone has not given them back.

Briefly- I live in a rural area so I half expected to not have much "3G" here, but I spent the weekend in San Francisco and the speed was just as bad. All of the jerkyness of the navigation, freeze ups, battery pulls etc. No way am I dealing with this for 2 years.

Paying $44/month for unlimited "broadband" data that is slower than the worst dial up I've ever had- BS!

The crummy thing is------I really WANTED this thing to work. I love the screen, the video movies,music the email etc. but I came way to close to throwing off the GG bridge today trying to use the features that I just cant take it anymore.

Looking now at the iphone and the "Omnia".....................

I'll keep an eye on this site from now on to see if this thing ever gets fixed.

Take care.
    02-01-09 11:49 PM
    its only 30 bucks a month , odds are your running .75 , .99 is out now , and waay better . you got rid of it too soon , ps omnia is a piece of crap i had it .
    02-01-09 11:51 PM
    This belongs in Rants and Raves.

Have fun with your iPhone or Omnia. Don't let the regret overwhelm you too badly after you leave a store with one of those...
    02-01-09 11:52 PM
    HA HA way to bail out right before the golden gates open. It's like buying a lottery ticket and never checking if you win. To bad your giving up a winner

Have fun with your Ipod...I mean phone (laughing real hard on the inside)

Also can we get this moved por fa vor....?
    02-02-09 12:01 AM
    Thankfully Verizon has the 30 day trial cause I'm sending this POS Storm back to them. With a forum like this that is so full of people looking for ways to make this work I am amazed everyone has not given them back.

Briefly- I live in a rural area so I half expected to not have much "3G" here, but I spent the weekend in San Francisco and the speed was just as bad. All of the jerkyness of the navigation, freeze ups, battery pulls etc. No way am I dealing with this for 2 years.

Paying $44/month for unlimited "broadband" data that is slower than the worst dial up I've ever had- BS!

The crummy thing is------I really WANTED this thing to work. I love the screen, the video movies,music the email etc. but I came way to close to throwing off the GG bridge today trying to use the features that I just cant take it anymore.

Take care.
    Your first mistake was confusing a loud minority for being representative of the majority experience with the phone.

The Storm doesn't just work, it works amazingly.
    02-02-09 12:02 AM
    Have fun with those other phone. The Omnia's screen blows and the iPhone 3G is slower for browsing. I just tested some sites on one against .99 and it lost big time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-09 12:13 AM
    Send me a MMS when you get your new ipho... oh wait, nevermind, you won't be able to.
    02-02-09 12:17 AM
    It's like deja vu sooks. But atleast you went through 6 storms before you went to the omina and then came back to the storm 24 hours later.

02-02-09 12:26 AM
    It's like deja vu sooks. But atleast you went through 6 storms before you went to the omina and then came back to the storm 24 hours later.

lol i had my omnia for less than 24hrs and started hating it soo i took it back and decided to go with the storm. and now im happy
    02-02-09 02:10 AM

Take care.
    I think its operator error or unreasonable expectations.

02-02-09 02:20 AM
    I think its operator error or unreasonable expectations.

That was my guess as well.

02-02-09 02:47 AM

Take care.
    First of all, you don't have to pay $45 a month for data. It can be had for $30.

Second, I can understand your frustration with the phone if it's running the older official version of the OS....(.75). If you're comfortable with a computer you can upgrade the OS to the latest leaked version (.99). This version has worked well for me.

Whatever you do, good luck with it. My storms running pretty well these days.
    02-02-09 03:24 AM
    lulz.

I Kinda giggled @ this thread. He's going to be killing himself over the year, when the storm gets fixed and compared to the iPhone lol. The only way i could see his theory right, is if RIM forgets the storm all together and just makes the storm 2. Like other companies (*cough* microsoft w/ zune, apple with iphone 3g)

but i'm having faith so far. I'm weary of upgrading to .99 after reading the "Well you got a 50/50 chance to have a 500 dollar paper weight".
    02-02-09 03:45 AM
    Whenever I see one of these "farewell Storm" threads, it actually improves my mood.

Why? Because I know that the Storm community's better off without these... people.
    02-02-09 04:30 AM
    Send me a MMS when you get your new ipho... oh wait, nevermind, you won't be able to.
    hahahahaha... i'm sure he can with the iphone.. oh wait.. it can't.. lol
    02-02-09 05:11 AM
    There is your problem. If you are interested in an iphone or omnia than obviously you shouldn't have gotten a bb in the first place. Your looking for a toy instead of a tool.
    02-02-09 05:23 AM
    The Omnia is a joke
    02-02-09 06:16 AM
    Both have exchange via activesync support.......If you are a corporate user and that is a viable option...what makes either a toy? Is it because they each have good third party that doesn't cost an arm and a leg?

Be a little bit more open minded on things...it might not be a toy...it might just suit his needs.
    02-02-09 06:31 AM
    hahahahaha... i'm sure he can with the iphone.. oh wait.. it can't.. lol
    If he gets that iPhone, he better get that spare battery just in case ....oh wait a second...
    02-02-09 08:21 AM
    There is your problem. If you are interested in an iphone or omnia than obviously you shouldn't have gotten a bb in the first place. Your looking for a toy instead of a tool.
    So you're suggesting the tool was looking for a toy?
    02-02-09 08:22 AM
    Well, I've had my Storm for three days now and it's been everything I've expected and a bit more. I've stuck with the official .75 release, and I've only had one lockup. Nothing ferocious, just pull the battery and reload.

Heck, I knew there would be problems with the initial release -- so I waited until the first few patches were out to get one. I think anyone who gets a new smartphone and doesn't expect some of these rough patches, especially with a phone with as much technology as the Storm, has unrealistic expectations anyway.

For me, the typing's been a bit tough to get used to on the screen, but after a bit, I'm back to 90% of where I used to be. My left thumb keeps hitting slightly off the area I want it to, but the fuzzy logic typing catches (and covers) me most of the time.

Now, this is my first CrackBerry, so I'm learning the operating system ropes. It's pretty straight forward so far, but I'm sure I'll learn all the tips and tricks over time.

Oh, and I know there will be a Storm II in about a year or so. That's the nature of the beast. I just expect this one to hold out the two years I committed to Verizon in the contract. I think the next model Storm would have a physical (slide-out) keyboard and Wi-fi, and maybe the trackball. If it had those things ... well, I think that would be darn perfect for the current technology.

Anyway, I'm happy even if this guy isn't. My Storm isn't perfect, but it does things a heck of a lot better than my old WinMo phone ever could. Plus, I got away from Sprint, which is another story altogether.
    02-02-09 08:26 AM
    had the omnia before the storm as well. omnia= CRAP
    02-02-09 09:22 AM
    had the omnia before the storm as well. omnia= CRAP
    If you want to talk about a busted OS, the Omnia has created backdoor ways to do everything that Windows does.

Contact list? Replacement offered.

Browsing Internet? Replacement offered.

Media playback? Replacement offered.

Unfortunately, it's not always streamlined so while you may be clicking on the replacement route, it's possible you end up with in the dreaded Windows interface you were trying to avoid initially.

I actually owned an Omnia for a week but just play with one in the store and compare it to a Storm. I seriously question how anyone walks away thinking the Omnia is the appropriate way to go
    02-02-09 09:34 AM
    Damn guys I like my Storm too but everytime an iPhone gets mentioned anywhere on this site you all turn in to little kids..."my phone's better than yours" type stuff.

The iPhone is a great device and it seems like all of you are in denial about the Storms flaws. Will it getter better? Probably but right now admit that the storm has it issues and quit bashing the iPhone so much it makes this forum look pathetic.

I'm starting to believe that BB users are worse than the Apple fanboy's with all of this high and mighty BB's are "Tools" and not "Toy's" stuff. Honestly other than Copy and Paste (how much do you use this anyway) and MMS what makes the iPhone less of a "Tool" than the BB?

When the Application Center comes out in March the same apps that are out there now for the iPhone will be out for the BB and what will the BB be known as then?
    02-02-09 10:14 AM
    I had a LG ENVY for two years, and when i went to get a new phone, I told the sales rep what I wanted the phone to do.....full browser and the e-mail functions...so he sold me the LG dare with a touch screen.....after having it for about two hours and setting everythintg up I realized it was basiclly the same as the LG ENVY just with a touch screen... it didnt have the full browser all it had was mobile web 2.0 and that is what I clearly told him i wanted to upgrade from...so long story short.....I took it back, went to a different rep. and explained in full detail what I wanted. he goes right for the storm...showed me his and all the features....it took about twenty minutes and I was sold...yes the storm has alot of issues but the phone it self is awsome and does everything i was expecting it to do and more...this is my first BB so i cant compare it to anything else...im still running the .75 that it came with...but i did download the opera.mini browser and it made all the differance in the world...as far as the $45 a month, it sounds like they put you on the BIS plan..if youre not using it for work..then the unlimited plan is only$29.99
    and if you do like the storm but just dont like the jerkiness the freeze-up and batt pulls maybe you should just ask for a replacement like many others on here have done..then read the forums and tweak the phone till its to your likings...any how good luck with what ever it is you choose..be sure to post back and let us know how you make out...good luck
    02-02-09 10:19 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD