This is probably a very simple answer, but I am still VERY new to this Blackberry stuff. My storm broke, wouldnt make calls, internet was not working and no messages were able to be sent. So Verizon sent me out a new phone. This one works perfectly. My question is..... DO I NEED TO SEND BACK THE SIM CARD WHEN I SEND THE OLD PHONE BACK? OR DO I KEEP IT? Very confused. Someone please help! Ps- When i got the new phone in the mail it already had a SIM card in it so I just used that new one. Was I supposed to take the old one out and put it in the new one? Soo Confused. Please help! Thank you sooo very much!
    03-03-09 12:46 PM
    When I got my replacement I sent back the old sims card in the old phone. Just make sure you wipe all you info off the old phone before you send it back.
    03-03-09 01:31 PM
    Okay, then I guess thats what you're supposed to do. Verizon was not clear on it, and I didn't want to send something back that I was supposed to keep. Thank you!
    03-03-09 01:44 PM
    I don't think it matters. I know with Rogers up here in Canada they can't/won't re-use the Sim card. They most likely just changed wht SIM is associated with your account to the new SIM card.
    03-03-09 01:47 PM
    Depends on what you got with the new phone. Refurb replacements don't usually come with anything but the phone itself, in which case you'd move everything to the new one and just send back the old phone. BTW, the "correct" place to have asked this and gotten a 100% correct answer (maybe, lol) would be Verizon themselves. Don't be afraid to sometimes call them about little procedural things like that. Better safe then sorry. If something doesn't get sent back and then they charge you for something, they will credit your account if they are the ones that made the mistake. They won't do so because someone on Crackberry told you wrong.
    03-03-09 03:06 PM
    I agree, calling tech support has saved me from needing to trade over a couple of times. Could be a "service book" issue or "host routing". Things I wouldn't even know how to ask about.

Just tell them your problem and ask if they can fix it and hopefully they can walk you through any issues.

Best if you call them toll free from a landline and keep your BB close and fully charged. It can take awhile (hours) but be patient because the person who's trying to help you may just be getting help from someone else close by.

All in all tech support is great if you can communicate. After all they're job is not to sell you but to make you stick.
    03-03-09 03:46 PM
    Depends on what you got with the new phone. Refurb replacements don't usually come with anything but the phone itself, in which case you'd move everything to the new one and just send back the old phone. BTW, the "correct" place to have asked this and gotten a 100% correct answer (maybe, lol) would be Verizon themselves. Don't be afraid to sometimes call them about little procedural things like that. Better safe then sorry. If something doesn't get sent back and then they charge you for something, they will credit your account if they are the ones that made the mistake. They won't do so because someone on Crackberry told you wrong.
    Thanks for the imput. I agree, I should have just called Verizon, but EVERYTIME I call them I end up being on the phone for 2 hours. They always give me the run around. So posting on here is a bit more discreet incase my boss decides to venture into my office. BTW... This site continues to be my go-to place for information on my Storm. Verizon is about as helpful to me as a box of rocks. I am fed up with them. But thanks for the suggestions!
    03-05-09 09:23 AM
    This is probably a very simple answer, but I am still VERY new to this Blackberry stuff. My storm broke, wouldnt make calls, internet was not working and no messages were able to be sent. So Verizon sent me out a new phone. This one works perfectly. My question is..... DO I NEED TO SEND BACK THE SIM CARD WHEN I SEND THE OLD PHONE BACK? OR DO I KEEP IT? Very confused. Someone please help! Ps- When i got the new phone in the mail it already had a SIM card in it so I just used that new one. Was I supposed to take the old one out and put it in the new one? Soo Confused. Please help! Thank you sooo very much!
    I just called verizon last night and they told me that they would be sending a phone without the SIM and memory card so that would mean that I keep mine. If they send one with a new SIM card i would say keep that one. Seems pretty useless cause they dont re-use sim cards.
    03-05-09 10:27 AM
    only send back the phone. nothing else regardless of what they send you
    03-05-09 12:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD