Selling my Storm2 and leaving Verizon. The carrier is too expensive. Any advise on way to proceed. In SF Bay area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-08-10 02:30 PM
    you can either sale your BB here, craiglist, or ebay. You can have your BB unlock from vzw for free so long as you have a current balance or haven't unlock any bb within a year window.

05-08-10 02:36 PM
    Keep your storm 2. Unlock it. Sign up with TMobile!
    05-08-10 04:20 PM
    Indeed. Might as well save yourself from another contract. Just unlock the phone and use it on any GSM carrier. The phone works fine on EDGE.

05-08-10 04:24 PM
    Sell it and go to Sprint.
    05-08-10 04:34 PM
    keep it and stay with VZW...you wont save that much with most carriers
    05-08-10 04:47 PM
    Metro!!!! $50 for everything unlimited. lol. or sprint or t-mobile. if you need to use a smartphone your expecting to pay more then $80. sorry, but thats how our cell-phone carriers roll~
    05-08-10 04:47 PM
    If you're in the bay area I wouldn't give up VZW for any price, but that's just me. I suspect you will be back.

But as others noted you can always unlock and use on another carrier (except Sprint for sure).
    05-08-10 05:15 PM
    Bay area ... isn't that one of those locations where at&t is having all those capacity issues with the iPhone? Do yourself a favor ... stay with Verizon. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!
    05-08-10 06:12 PM
    Bay area ... isn't that one of those locations where at&t is having all those capacity issues with the iPhone? Do yourself a favor ... stay with Verizon. As the old saying goes, you get what you pay for!
    Plus AT&T's prices are essentially identical to VZW, so that switch would be pointless. I'm guessing AT&T wasn't the OP's goal. But I doubt T-Mo is too hot either for coverage. At least here in WA T-Mo is VERY thin on coverage. Of four places I need my phone to work in WA, T-Mo only covered one. VZW covers all four and pretty much every other square mile of the State!
    05-08-10 10:58 PM
    keep it and stay with VZW...you wont save that much with most carriers
    I agree. I stuck in a 2-year contract with T-Mobile. I am really tired of the edge service. Yes it is pricey, but it's quality is ridiculous.
    I will move to Verizon or Sprint as soon as my contract ends.
    My advice to you, stay where you at. switching carrier is not the solution.
    If you have to go, then don't sign a contract with the new carrier, just try their flex or prepaid plan. Then decide whatever is convenient for you.
    05-08-10 11:08 PM
    Thank you all for the feedback. The option to unlock and use on TMo is good and keeps me out of a contract. I didn't check the bands yet but the 9550 bands still force EDGE and not 3G on TiMo?

We are actually considering eliminating our landline through COMCAST that will offset costs. The family and friends is something we should take advantage of.

Admittedly, the Storm2 has everything a smartphone should. I also have admit it has been frustrating ownership as this is my 6th BB Storm. I had 2 9530 then they game me a 9559 and here I am. So the costs factor is equal to 9550 reliability factor.
    05-09-10 12:30 AM
    I would eliminate my land line, utilize Friends & Family, and stay with Verizon;without a doubt. Verizon has the best network, and switching carriers will save you nothing when it comes down to it.

05-09-10 12:58 AM
    You will only get EDGE in North America, yes. It's the only real downside to this phone. Oh well. I think it saves in battery life anyways.

05-09-10 05:37 AM
    Thank you all again. Yours replies have been very helpful. Recuperating the costs of breaking a contract nullify any benefits if amortized. Skype and Friends and Family is an advanyage along with network quality.

Not been as happy with Storm due to poor performance anx reliability. Could sell and take advantage of a new program they have whereby you can purchase a lime new phone at a discount and it doesn't extend your contract onl worth it if sell/buy equal each other.

I'll stay with VZW for now.

05-09-10 12:58 PM
    Boost mobile is $60 for everything unlimited on the BlackBerry plan.
    05-09-10 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD