I purchased an Innocase I at the beginning of January and I have to start off by saying its an excellent case, fits very well and appears to be of good quality.

However the first time I removed the case for a battery pull (just used my hands, no objects to pry at it), a tab broke off from the case on the bottom left (if the case is on your phone and you are looking at the screen...that bottom left).

I considered emailing them about it but figured it was probably due to me doing something stupid and decided to see if I could live with it. Well a month later, and the case seems to have loosened up more to the point that i can take it off TOO EASY to do a battery pull...which means if I end up dropping the storm I am sure its going to break off.

Just last week I talked to two local people at my work who also have the Innocase I and the storm...they both have the same tab broken off on theirs. Just yesterday, was talking to someone on IRC who had the same bottom left broken tab issue.

So with all that being said, does anyone else here have this problem? I just find it weird that 3 other people besides myself have the exact same issue with the bottom left tab being broken.

I am going to contact Seido and see if they can do anything about it, would love to swap it out for a new one but I have probably held on to it for too long without saying anything.
    02-03-09 09:19 AM
    I just got one of their cases yesterday. Took it off once to battery pull and went to put case back on. Boom no lower left corner tab either. Gone. I e-mailed them already, let's see what they do. I would hope for $30 that it would be more durable then that!
    02-03-09 09:28 AM
    I also have the same problem, I have used several of thier cases over the years and this seems to be an ongoing issue with each of the different cases I've had from them, It is a GREAT case if you never have to remove it when you do its a matter of time before this happens. If you are lucky enough to get a hold of anyone from Seidio they will replace it if you first return it to them, but it takes forever! Its a shame because in my opinion it is one of the best cases out there but the way it comes together is not reliable!!!
    02-03-09 09:34 AM
    I have the same issue, I went to their site for an exchange and they got back to me a few days later telling me to send it back and gave me an RMA # that is valid for 7 days. I've been busy though, and I think today is day 7 =/
    02-03-09 09:38 AM
    I sincerely apologize for the problems you've had with your cases. If you'll each email your contact and original order information to [email protected] I'll make sure that you get replacements as quickly as possible.

I'll also get with our engineers to investigate this further.

Thanks,
    02-03-09 09:44 AM
    I sincerely apologize for the problems you've had with your cases. If you'll each email your contact and original order information to [email protected] I'll make sure that you get replacements as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
    I appreciate your response. I use the Innocase for my curve as well and it has survived many battery pulls with no issues, so I am hopeful for the same with the Storm
    02-03-09 09:53 AM
    I also have the same problem. No bottom left corner tab either. And thanks seidioseidio, I will email you guys. Thanks.
    02-03-09 09:53 AM

Thanks,
    Hey thanks for the info, I have a question though. If I do that after the 7th day that they told me to send mine back with the valid RMA#, can I still get it exchanged?
    02-03-09 09:57 AM

Thanks,
    I just emailed you guys. Thanks.
    02-03-09 10:07 AM
    Hey thanks for the info, I have a question though. If I do that after the 7th day that they told me to send mine back with the valid RMA#, can I still get it exchanged?
    Go ahead and email your info and RMA number to [email protected] and I'll see what i can do to speed up the process.

Thanks,
    02-03-09 11:03 AM
    Go ahead and email your info and RMA number to [email protected] and I'll see what i can do to speed up the process.

Thanks,
    Just did, thanks!
    02-03-09 11:14 AM
    I have the Innocase II. Have pulled the bottom several times and it is tight but no problems so far. I think it is probably a good idea to use a utility like Quickpull to avoid this problem?
    02-03-09 11:16 AM
    Well, quickpull is ideal, but sometimes the phone freezes. Probably a good idea to avoid leaks and wait for an official to avoid the freezes.
    02-03-09 11:20 AM
    I have the Innocase II. Have pulled the bottom several times and it is tight but no problems so far. I think it is probably a good idea to use a utility like Quickpull to avoid this problem?
    Yeah like the person said above, if it freezes you are screwed. Also Innocase II is very different, I think you got a top and bottom piece that snap together. Innocase I is front and back and has many tabs that hold it together.

The Innocase I got with my curve is almost the exact same (front and back pieces, many tabs) and it has survived 30+ battery pulls with no broken tabs.
    02-03-09 11:27 AM
    My old Curve one suffered from a few cracks over time but mt brother is using it right now and he doesn't seem to be having any problems. My Storm one is fine right now. I take it off every night so I can put it in the charging cradle. My tabs all seem to be fine. For future reference, I have been pulling the case apart from the headphone jack area.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 11:38 AM
    I am trying to REMOVE my Innocase I without breaking the tab. Does anyone know the best way to remove the case? I sent an email to tech support asking them the best way to REMOVE the case and here is the reply I got:

Here the steps you can follow on how to assemble or remove your new innocase:

Step 1: Hold the bottom of the case upwards and place your device into the bottom half of the case.
    Step 2: Snap the upper portion of the top of the case onto top of the device. Continue snapping all the clips from top to bottom.
    Step 3: Press firmly on the top and bottom of the case until all the clips snap together properly.

So obviously they don't even know because these are the steps for assembly, not removal!
    02-03-09 03:20 PM
    Well, quickpull is ideal, but sometimes the phone freezes. Probably a good idea to avoid leaks and wait for an official to avoid the freezes.
    I have been very conservative running .75
    02-03-09 06:09 PM
    Mine also cracked. I just emailed Seidio and they sent me a new case. I just have to send the broken one back. Excellent customer service - no complaints here.
    02-03-09 06:41 PM
    Mine squeaks and has a a squishy feel by the usb port, top needs a little more plastic around the usb port. I've only had it 3 weeks as well. I try and use Quickpull but as everyone says... new phone, new touch screen so as said before sometimes necessity happens.
    As for removal:
    I originally tried taking the right side off and then the left. Then slide and sort of hinge it off the left.
    I now lay it on a table and just unclip the top all the way around starting at the top both sides moving to the bottom then lift the top away. I could not have used this method the first couple times as the case fit like a glove, now it's more loose.

Good to know Seidio is taking care of us.
    02-03-09 07:16 PM
    Mine also cracked. I just emailed Seidio and they sent me a new case. I just have to send the broken one back. Excellent customer service - no complaints here.
    I second that, they are sending me a new one as well. It would be nice to get an official answer on how to remove the case. I will shoot them an email and ask, if I get a response I will post it.
    02-03-09 07:40 PM
    I, too, have the same problem. I've only had to remove my case a few times since getting it 1/8. This last time it popped off that bottom left tab, even though I was trying to be careful. My husband got his the same day, and so far his is OK.

I'm glad to hear that Seidio is replacing these, but my fear is that it will just happen again, and then what?

Is it a design flaw? Is it because we are taking it off wrong? (If that's the case, I, too, would like to know the 'official' way to take the case apart.)

Seidio can't keep replacing all cases that have tabs coming apart, so what is going to give? I love my case (other than this flaw). It looks sleek. It fits snug. It protects. I don't want to go elsewhere.
    02-04-09 11:27 AM
    I second that, they are sending me a new one as well. It would be nice to get an official answer on how to remove the case. I will shoot them an email and ask, if I get a response I will post it.
    Hey guys. We recommend that you separate the tab right above the camera. Once it's released, simply work your way around the rest of the tabs.

Thanks,
    02-04-09 11:30 AM
    Same problem!! The very first time I applied the Innocase I today, noticed that the lower left portion was not tight and the edges slightly separated. Seemed to be a manufacturing defect. Very carefully took the case off, then when reapplied the bottom left did not click in at all. I bought from EMobile in Hand (authorized reseller). Is this going to be a problem?

Now I am really torn as to exchanging for another Innocase I, switching to Innocase II, or even going "bare" with a holster. If the case is that fragile, and it is necessary to remove periodically for a battery pull etc., I am concerned as to how long this item will last - as it is certainly not cheap!

Seidioseidio - any guidance you could give me would be appreciated as to what I need to do to remedy the problem. I am hoping that I will not have to go without a case or holster for upwards of 7 days if exchanging - doesn't seem right if the case never fit properly in the first place!
    02-05-09 11:32 PM
    Yeah I'm thinking that if it happens to me again, I'm gonna try to get an Innocase II instead.
    02-05-09 11:35 PM
    Same problem!! The very first time I applied the Innocase I today, noticed that the lower left portion was not tight and the edges slightly separated. Seemed to be a manufacturing defect. Very carefully took the case off, then when reapplied the bottom left did not click in at all. I bought from EMobile in Hand (authorized reseller). Is this going to be a problem?

Now I am really torn as to exchanging for another Innocase I, switching to Innocase II, or even going "bare" with a holster. If the case is that fragile, and it is necessary to remove periodically for a battery pull etc., I am concerned as to how long this item will last - as it is certainly not cheap!

Seidioseidio - any guidance you could give me would be appreciated as to what I need to do to remedy the problem. I am hoping that I will not have to go without a case or holster for upwards of 7 days if exchanging - doesn't seem right if the case never fit properly in the first place!
    Since this was purchased from an outside vendor, I believe you'll need to contact them first. If there are any problems, please email me at [email protected] and I'll see what I can do.

Thanks,
    02-06-09 09:34 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD