Thought people would be interested in a thread where all this knowledge is combined.

Intro aka You can skip this part.
    So I just got my Innocase II and Innocase Holster today in the mail. I have been a Storm owner for about three weeks now and have had no previous problems with my Storm. The Storm construction feels excellent I was just worried about dropping it because of the huge screen in the front. I had previously a Samsung Alias that was pretty much a tank when it came to phone droppage and have had no problems with throwing it around like a rag doll. I usually am a silicone case kind of person because I don't like big bulky cases on phones or any other of my electronics. So I was a bit skeptical about getting a hard case. I am going to be using Crackberry's measurements of case reviews just so that the average Crackberry user has some familiarity with my review. Anyways on to the review.

Innocase II

Design and Function 5/5
    This case is pretty well designed. I have had troubles in the past with hard cases in that they were in multiples pieces that did not seem to fit and made the phone way too bulky. The Innocase II was made in a simple two pieces and is thin enough where it seems like a part of the phone instead of a huge plastic thing on top of the phone.

Fit and Finish 4/5
    The case is pretty well finished and seems to be of very high quality. The case itself is covered in a rubber that grips so that it's alot easier to hold then it was previously where I accidently dropped it on carpet sometimes when I wasn't holding onto it that hard. Also the inside of the case is lined with a felt that feels nice to the touch and not cheap like the felt Ipod cases that came with the older Ipods.

My only gripe with the case is some uneven plastic where the pieces of the case meet. It's hardly noticeable just bothers me that where a straight line should be it looks jagged if you look hard enough.

Aesthetics 5/5
    The case looks amazing with the phone. I can hardly notice that a case is on except for the cutouts for the various buttons, mic and speakers. Of course the Innocase II leaves the top exposed so the case looks more like a sleeve then it is a case so plus points for that.

Ease of Use 5/5
    I had no trouble putting on the case. Following the instructions were easy and the case did not give me trouble when I had to assemble it. Taking it apart is a bit of a challenge but quite easier then even a silicone case is for me so it does not bother me one bit.

Protection 4/5
    The case's hard plastic seems very strong and doesn't seem to bend easily. The felt liner inside the case seems like a godsend to my phone's screen as my pant's pockets always manage to dirty different parts of the phone.

The only minus about the Innocase II is obviously the top is exposed. I don't really foresee any real problems with that especially since I'll be using it with the holster a lot but only time will tell.

Innocase Holster

Design and Function 5/5
    Obviously the holster is designed like any other. The strong parts of it however a sturdy swivel clip that can go anywhere and the clip also really digs into wherever you attach it so you know it will stay put. The spring clip that holds the phone is very sturdy and allows for a very snug fit that is a lot better then any I have seen. The sleeper mode magnet is perfect and has no caused me any problems so far.

Fit and Finish 5/5
    The hard plastic on the holster is flawless and everything looks clean. Comparatively at work we had just gotten new holsters for our Nextels and they were scractched in random places and marred in others. There is also a felt liner in the holster which is good because it really protects the screen and would probably keep it clean as well.

Aesthetics 4/5
    The holster does however look very professional. Now that is a good thing in a buisness environment but otherwise it looks very utilitarian.

Ease of Use 4/5
    Once again here instructions are key. I can see where people might feel like they can scratch the top of their phones but the spring clip holding the phone is easy to use and if done correctly will not scratch anything. Other then that the holster is straight forward except for one problem.

That swivel clip that holds on is great except it's a pain to get off my belt. Maybe it's just a problem with my inexperience but I think I might have to just keep going at it.

Conclusion
    The Innocase II and the Innocase holster is an excellent product. I don't see how I would have any problems with either in the future and would reccommend this combo to anyone. Any questions feel free to ask and I would be willing to put up pictures. Just later because I am at work right now.
    Last edited by Atra; 01-02-09 at 05:00 PM.
    01-02-09 04:49 PM
    Uh, you did a review.....

WITHOUT PICTURES?

K.

Can I do a review of your review?
    01-02-09 06:00 PM
    Lol as harsh as the above poster was, I'd like to see some pics as well please!
    01-02-09 06:05 PM
    Will do. I'll even post a video. Just at work right now and have no real access to take photos. Don't want the boss to yell at me for taking photos during work.
    01-02-09 06:08 PM
    Any chance that a Storm would fit in the BlackBerry Charging Pod with the Innocase II on it? I'd really like the charging pod, but not unless it will fit with the Innocase on my Storm...
    01-02-09 06:14 PM
    Not unless you take apart the case which is not that hard just troublesome. Sedio is coming out with their own specific dock that can hold an innocase'd Storm in it I believe.
    01-02-09 08:28 PM
    I finally got mines in the mail today.
    01-02-09 09:40 PM
    WITHOUT PICTURES?
    serious nobody has posted pictures of their seidio yet.... care to be the first? only picutres I've seen were from their website.
    01-02-09 09:49 PM
    What pictures?

Notice the clear case I used on my Storm? Bye bye clear case.
    Last edited by PhotoBerry; 01-03-09 at 12:16 AM.
    01-02-09 09:58 PM
    How sticky is the case? I would like a hard pocketable case. I really like the Innocase but am afraid I will have problems taking it out of pocket.
    01-02-09 10:04 PM
    The case is pretty smooth. I have pocketed it various times throughout the day today and I managed to get it out a lot easier then when I did not have the case. Also thanks to Photoberry for the photos. Still at work sadly...
    01-02-09 10:07 PM
    How sticky is the case? I would like a hard pocketable case. I really like the Innocase but am afraid I will have problems taking it out of pocket.
    I have the same case and I am 100% happy with it. Fits really close to the phone and is a slick hard rubber/plastic. You wouldnt have any problems with it. Doesnt attract dust either! I recommend getting one
    01-02-09 10:10 PM
    thanks for the pics
    01-03-09 12:22 AM
    i was on the fence and you pushed me over... even for the holster!
    01-03-09 12:26 AM
    More pictures of the Innocase for those interested...

01-04-09 10:27 AM
    How does it compare to the silicone case you get
    at verizon(as far as stickiness goes)?
    Thanks in advance.
    Darwin

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 11:13 AM
    I think it feels a lot like the silicone case, but it's a hard case so it does not fall off or stretch out.
    01-04-09 11:53 AM
    What pictures?

Only problem I could see with this, is that there is a gap which can allow dust if you have the Storm facing up.

There was another user with a review of the same holster and Innocase II and the holster was blocking the USB port. He had to cut away a small piece so that the USB plug fit.
    01-04-09 12:00 PM
    why would you charge it while holstered??
    01-04-09 12:53 PM
    I think it feels a lot like the silicone case, but it's a hard case so it does not fall off or stretch out.
    how much like the silicone case is it as "sticky"?
    o and how about bulk is it thicker than the silicone case??
    01-04-09 12:53 PM
    how much like the silicone case is it as "sticky"?
    o and how about bulk is it thicker than the silicone case??
    It's actually surprisingly thin. It is probably a tiny bit thicker than the silicone case, though. It's hard to describe the amount of "stickiness" compared to the silicone case. I'd say it's got all the grip, without the "stick." It feels very similar though.
    01-04-09 01:25 PM
    Looks like the case partially covers the already small speaker; notice any probs with hearing the phone (i.e. is it harder to hear, or the same?)
    01-04-09 01:38 PM
    So far from speaker tests I've done it's about the same. You might hear a slight drop off in volume but it is almost insignificant unless you have the speakers on the lowest volumes. The weird part is so far phone calls have been a bit more clear then usual when on speaker phone and doesn't sound muffled like some cases can do.
    01-04-09 02:06 PM
    Looks like the innocase holster is made out of a different material than the spring clip holster.I have the spring clip holster and it is made out of a rubberized material,the innocase holster seems to made out of a hard plastic.
    01-04-09 02:18 PM
    No the innocase will not fit with another case under it. In fact, I read that it barely fits with a skin under it.

Still waiting for my combo to come in the mail. The innocase looks kinda bulky tho.... boo!
    01-04-09 02:18 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD