That most of the bad reviews are coming from people who can't accept change. Most of the bad reviews complain how it isn't really a Blackberry because it doesn't have a keyboard. Well, too bad reviewers, suck it up and use it for a while, and get used to it. Don't cry because you're a dinosaur and are resistant to change.

I know there are some bugs, but what brand new item doesn't have them? My particular phone doesn't work perfectly, but nothing major, that makes me hate it, and I know that fixes are coming. So, geez people, it's BRAND NEW, give them time to get it staightened out before you condemn it.

Overall, I love this phone, and I know it's only going to get better.

Sorry, but I had to get that off my chest. Thanks for listening.
    Last edited by Spotmark; 11-28-08 at 10:23 AM.
    11-28-08 10:21 AM
    amen brotha
    11-28-08 10:24 AM
    +1000000 tired of hearing people whine. If you dont like it save yourself from writing a new post and just return it and buy a curve.
    11-28-08 10:26 AM
    Agreed! .
    11-28-08 10:28 AM
    Ok I have not been responding to the review posts; but this mirrors my opinion. People who hate the phone cannot seem to give up their full keyboards. This is fine as different phones for different folks exist, but do not call the phone a failure because you do not like the interface. Obviously plenty of people love it. I think the phone is perfect for people who want a big screen and some enhanced multimedia features that you get with a touch screen, but still wanted a business device that you cannot get with any other touch scrren (iPhone or WM).

Listen, if the combination of touch screen and business device is not what you want, all is good . . move on . . . why are you posting in here still? I love mine and am willing to give up a bit of speed for the full screen and movies I can watch on the plane!
    11-28-08 10:28 AM
    I totally agree, but there is another type of review that you missed. There are those people who condemn it because it isn't an iphone.
    11-28-08 10:31 AM
    I totally agree, but there is another type of review that you missed. There are those people who condemn it because it isn't an iphone.
    Also, not a pertinent comparisson. If you want a fun multimedia phone . . enjoy your iphone (even if you get no MMS or video in an iPhone). I don't even consider the Storm and the iPhone in the same category . . the iPhone would be about 10th on my list of phones as I need business functionality. It would be behind most WM phones and all BB phones plus the Treos. I need file management, an extra battery when I travel, document creation and better messaging security. Plus I need my phone to not drop calls.

Listen the iPhone is fun but again it is not a business device. If you love your iPhone . . . good luck and move on to your iPhone forum.

The reviewers are idiots when they compare devices used for different purposes. Just because they overlap in many areas does NOT mean they are the same type of phone . . . it is like comparing a car to a boat because they both have fuel injection, steering and seats.
    11-28-08 10:36 AM
    I couldn't agree more. The first two hours that I had the Storm, I was convinced it was going back to the store.

Now, you would have to pry it out of my cold, dead hands.

It does take getting used to.

It's not for everyone.

It's not perfect. (It's got v1.0 bugs, the touch screen is inconsistent as far as working on the edges goes, no wifi (big issue for some, irrelevant for others), lack of 3rd party app support, and so forth.) Some of those will change with time, some won't.

But, IMHO, it's the best phone anyone has made so far. For me, it reduces four gadgets down to one: Cell phone, PDA, PMP, and portable DVD player.

Could it be better? Certainly, and I'm sure there will be an upgraded BB Storm in a year, give or take, and, if we're lucky, new software (from both RIM and third parties) that will improve the Storm we've already got.

But this is, by far, the best phone device I've ever owned or used. All it's lacking is a VPN and SSH and it would be all I'd need to work from the beach!
    11-28-08 10:48 AM
    Agree!!!!!!!!!!!
    11-28-08 10:54 AM
    You speak the truth and say what many of think.

I totally love the Storm, it does has a few hiccups but nothing a few minor updates here and there cant fix.

I would not give up the Storm for anything.

I love apple products but I dont love the iphone. I actually cant stand it to be honest. Could not tell you why except that it does not appeal to me. Ohh and that it is on ATT's network whom I refuse to ever use on my own free will unless it is a work provided phone (Then it will still prolly collect dust).

But again you speak the truth about this, if the cheese is moved why not adapt and go move with it.
    11-28-08 10:58 AM
    I have no problem adapting to change and I'm not a fan of the Storm. I also detest the iphone so I'm no apple fangirl. Like someone put it in another thread the storm is more of a toy device and not for a hardcore BB user. Its just not up to par on that level. I have owned Treos with touch screen so its like this is my first time with one.

Ah que sera sera. Its just not a device intended for everyone.

I suppose my expectations were a bit high and that's no ones fault but my own.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by sheiscurvey; 11-28-08 at 11:41 AM.
    11-28-08 11:37 AM
    I have problem adapting to change and I'm not a fan of the Storm. I also detest the iphone so I'm no apple fangirl. Like someone put it in another thread the storm is more of a toy device and not for a hardcore BB user. Its just not up to par on that level. I have owned Treos with touch screen so its like this is my first time with one.

Ah que sera sera. Its just not a device intended for everyone.

I suppose my expectations were a bit high and that's no ones fault but my own.

I think therein lies the issue . .too many people thought it would rival ANY full keyboard. Just like the Touch or the iphone cannot rival a keyboard not sure why people felt this one would. Too me it was a great phone that added touch screen and multimedia at the compromise of some speed . . fine with me as that was what I wanted.
    11-28-08 11:42 AM
    If the keyboard on the storm was responsive I would prbably feel a lot better about it. I can't see anyone who uses the BB for business emails that need to be responded to quickly using this phone. And I'm a quick learner. I just can't get it down. But, I reiterate, the device is not for everyone. And I'm aware of that.

11-28-08 11:55 AM
    If the keyboard on the storm was responsive I would prbably feel a lot better about it. I can't see anyone who uses the BB for business emails that need to be responded to quickly using this phone. And I'm a quick learner. I just can't get it down. But, I reiterate, the device is not for everyone. And I'm aware of that.

Your right . .to each his/her own. Although after I adjusted the settings mine is pretty quick on the type.
    11-28-08 11:57 AM
    I do not listen to reviews of people who do not accept change. I like your thoughts though.

You should review a phone unless you will honestly give it a try.

11-28-08 12:06 PM
    Gotta agree with the OP. This is my first BB. I'm coming from an XV6700 that ran WM5 and had a full, slide out keyboard. First off, the Storm is about half the thickness and I'm loving that. Secondly, I'm typing faster on the Storm's landscape keyboard than I ever did on the XV6700's physical slide-out full keyboard.

I guess it all comes down to your personal perspective. Maybe to people coming into the Storm from a previous BB, it doesn't quite meet their expectations. But for someone like me coming from a Windows Mobile smartphone to the Storm, the Storm is an awesome piece of hardware and the OS is remarkably stable. You think the Storm is buggy? I'll trade you my old WM5 phone for your Storm then. Do we have a deal?
    11-28-08 12:21 PM
    Actually I meant to type I DO accept and have no problem with change but I was typing on my storm and apparently I made a typo. So I went back to attempt to edit the post so it read correctly and the storm browser locked up and reset the whole phone.

Sorry for the confusion.

11-28-08 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD