05-19-09 03:48 PM
160 ... 4567
tools
    1. Overnighted from release day-Canada -terribad. Click was god awful
    2.Replacement 1- in retail box-Canada, much better, but still click was not uniform enough, and the casing was lose near the top
    3. Replacement 2 - "certified box" with no accessories but the unit itself is brand new. Made in mexico, 21000 codes, amazing. Perfect uniform click, very crisp, all in one peace. I am finally content.
    12-25-08 02:41 PM
    Got mine on initial release date: 11/21/08. Canada, China, USA, Japan. Upgraded to .75. The construction seems pretty sturdy, no loose buttons, screen wiggle is normal, clicking has always been adequately responsive so I haven't messed with that. Video recording is useless. Stereo bluetooth is struggling with some custom made videos but that's prolly cause I made the bit rate too high. It's a bit frustrating this phone because at times it feels snappy yet other times it will be sluggish quirky. I will make my decision on whether to keep it or not by the 15th of Jan.
    12-25-08 02:45 PM
    My brother and I both got ours from ordering online, mine the day it was released and his 2 weeks ago. Neither of us have had any reason to get a replacement. Mines from Canada, don't know about his. We both realize that its a new product and that the updates will gradually fix most of the real issues that involve the software(iphone 3g has just as many problems from what I hear from my friends who have them).
    12-25-08 03:38 PM
    Had mine since nov26. Has been nearly perfect. Running official .75 made in Mexico. I do a battery pull every 2-3 days which seems to help keep everything running smooth. No freeze ups no real issues. Have to say this is the best phone I have ever had.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

12-26-08 02:01 AM
    from Canada, only 1 reset.
    seems solid, but fairly slow response compared to my palm treo.
    overall, good device.
    12-26-08 02:59 AM
    I am on my 2nd, but my problem wasn't hardware, it was software. I think I downloaded a bad app, and I woke up one morning with an app error on my phone and my phone wouldn't fully restart(it would go on a restarting "loop")
    12-26-08 03:05 AM
    Deposited $50 Nov 9 at Best Buy. Was called on Nov 20th and told I had an appointment to pick up my phone at 11am on the 21st. Total price was $199 plus tax (on the $199). (Verizon stores were charging taxes on the full $599 even though you were only paying $199. Go figure.)

No dust. I carry it mostly in my shirt pocket without any covering on the unit.

Good click.

Running .83 which has helped the Video somewhat.

Battery pull every 2 -3 days.

Battery life great! I don't stream or listen to music on it. I just use the phone, E-mail, and Internet.

I'm a happy camper!
    12-26-08 03:28 AM
    Appart from a few problems that occurred because I am an ***** my storm has been working perfectly.

12-26-08 03:50 AM
    Im thinking that at least half of the poeple sending these things back are the ones in the restaurant that send their food back at least once. On your third or forth phone.....HOLY GET SOMETHING ELSE BATMAN!! Seems you wont be happy with any of them. Maybe the functionality is not for you. Either get an iPhone or a different BB. Personally, I LOVE this thing. I notice there are some bugs here and there, but nothing compared to a Windoze Slobile OS. Maybe you are abusing them too much: maybe you all drink too much coffee or Monster drink and just cant wait that extra 85 milliseconds for the app to come up or the screen to rotate. Or, maybe you have a preconceived notion of how YOU think it should work and are just dissappointed. Videos are garbage, you have no idea what is activated or not on the unit.

Im taking a break from CB forums because all you complainers are ruining the forum. Theres more useless info than there is helpful. Its becoming disgusting.

Moderators: Idea: Maybe Sticky a single new post for complaints, rants (like this one ) "Im sending it back because...", my CS said this, ship date, and the like.

Out for a while....later days.

JC
    I feel like you -- no product, especially a new model product is going to be perfect. Those on their 4th, 5th, and 6th Storms will NEVER be happy. They will find something wrong with those and want to return them, then the replacements won't be perfect either, and they will want to return those........ Its getting crazy, borderline absurd........

Mine isn't perfect, and "sometimes" I have to click twice, but sure as **** not worth returning it and getting one with more serious issues....

I don't think the Storm is for a) perfectionists and b) non-BB users.... Its just too much and too overwhelming for noobs, and for perfectionists, they will never be happy. Just my 2 cents.
    12-26-08 07:18 AM
    What if I was to say that the phones issues and the constant replacements of the storm were actually allowed to go on sale regardless? What if i was to say that the phone was failed by device testing dept in VZW and the phone had 300 open issues that had to be solved? What if i was to say that it was failed personally by one of the lead techs a few days before going on sale and was told by EVP and Chief Operating Officer of VZW to sell it anyway?

That phone should have had its issues fixed before going on sale.

Just a lil information to Rile up the brains of storm owners. Nonetheless its a great phone if the issues would have been solved.

ur friend DRUCERO
    12-26-08 08:08 AM
    5th phone is now on the way. Loose convinence key on the right side and the camera "cover plate" somehow popped itself off. Also dust is penetrating the "seal" like theres no seal at all. Ive had it holstered throughout its entire life.

QC is something RIM apparently does not understand.
    12-26-08 09:04 AM
    I've only had my original, made in Canada. It works fine.

12-26-08 09:09 AM
    Mine is from Canada. My first phone. No problems besides software stuff that I caused myself.

See sig.

12-26-08 09:11 AM
    on my 3rd one.Its from Canada and its perfect. My 2nd one the screen was crooked and the brightness of it was very dim not bright at all and that was also a Canadian one. I think were all just going nuts after all its only a phone lol.
    01-05-09 12:38 AM
    I'm on my first one...
    I think most are WAY too picky..
    I mean... returns cause of light leaking?
    01-05-09 01:03 AM
    i am having problems with my Storm freezing up. I am having to pull the battery at least 2X per day i spoke to verizon and they are instructing me to go to a verizon store so the tech can put my phone on a machine. does anyone know anything about this.
    01-05-09 02:09 PM
    I'm tempted to get a new one just to jump on the bandwagon....
    01-05-09 02:14 PM
    i have my original storm and i've yet to have any problems like you guys
    01-05-09 02:14 PM
    does your screen move sie to side when you clean it?
    01-05-09 02:25 PM
    Mexico and great so far Got on 12/17
    01-05-09 02:38 PM
    Got a replacement and it was worse than my original.

Plus got charged $200 + tax that's taking a while to get off my bill.

I'd think carefully before ordering a replacement nillywilly especially if it comes with a temp $200 charge.
    01-05-09 02:45 PM
    I sent my Storm back to Verizon and thought I would wait several months before getting another. A Verizon tech talked to me about it for about 30 mins and after hearing my complaints/concerns, she indicated she thought I just got a lemon phone, mine was the original shipment with the .65 OS. I ordered another and it is like day and night...it still has its quirks especially with 3rd party apps, but it is far and away better than my 1st Storm...and I had even upgraded that to the .75 OS. Now if they could only get Ringo and SplashId to work properly I will be happy..Ringo only rings thru head set jack if using MP3s from my card..(Ringo Tech said Rim idicated they fixed that with .86 OS...still no idication from the SplashId people. However, this is way better than my 1st Storm and not even a comparison to my "long in the tooth" Treo 700p. I look forward to the quricks being worked out...this is a sweet phone..and hope it will be better with the new OS.
    Jim
    01-05-09 02:49 PM
    I'm strongly contemplating going to return mine for another today because of my screen wobble issues. I actually hear my screen shake back and forth when i shake the phone, its pretty loose. Also, the light leaks are bothersome at night. To those who've gotten replacements, have you had similar problems on your original phones, and have your replacements fixed said problems? I have a verizon store right near me so I dont have to worry about sending it in.
    01-05-09 02:54 PM
    I'm on my first one received on release day. Made in Canada.

of course I'm about to get a replacement b/c I dropped it in milk. oops.
    01-05-09 02:58 PM
    Still on the first one, two months now! couple of software quirks but then no phone is perfect. But then I am an Alfa owner so I guess I am used to putting up with niggles if something is good
    01-05-09 03:03 PM
160 ... 4567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD