05-19-09 03:48 PM
160 ... 34567
tools
    I didn't replace mine. Made in Canada...still works great.
    12-24-08 03:13 PM
    Received my Canadian made storm on Nov 25. No problems, a
    12-24-08 03:36 PM
    Got mine on the 24th. Still on my original phone. Made in Canada. Upgraded to .75. I only do the 'official' updates. Can't afford to not have this working. Phone is not perfect, but I am satisfied overall.
    12-24-08 03:45 PM
    Got my 3rd Storm delivered on Christmas Eve. I think this one is a keeper. Merry Christmas to me.
    My first two had screen click issues. I did the trick with the paper in the back by the battery, but after using it for a few minutes I thought Why would I pay this much for a phone that works half-assed? So i called and called till i got a working one.
    Hey Guys and Girls.....Merry Happy Kwanz-Hannuk-Mas.
    -Colin.
    12-24-08 04:24 PM
    On the other hand.... I was in a store buying my new 8900. It was 10:00 AM and there was a girl who was swapping out her iPhoney for the 2nd time THAT DAY and her 4th since the previous evening. The sales guy told me that this happened "quite a lot" with the JesusPhone.
    12-24-08 04:27 PM
    On the other hand.... I was in a store buying my new 8900. It was 10:00 AM and there was a girl who was swapping out her iPhoney for the 2nd time THAT DAY and her 4th since the previous evening. The sales guy told me that this happened "quite a lot" with the JesusPhone.
    ahh, they don't talk about that much. I always picture it with a halo like glow around it the way people talk about it.

Hey, anybody tracking Santa on the Storm? I hear Santa may be packing a Storm for the trip this year. That rumour is unconfirmed at the moment.
    12-24-08 08:15 PM
    Mexico phone here, no issues!!
    12-24-08 08:43 PM
    On my first one. Made in Mexico and no issues at all.
    12-24-08 08:45 PM
    I've had mine for a week now and so far so good but I'm scared now after reading all of the bad experiences on here. Ill hope for the best.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-08 09:02 PM
    mine made in Canada and is fine...
    Same here.
    12-24-08 09:02 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico and the only problem I have is the click screen. I did the business card trick and it has been fine. I may do the screw trick but there is no need for me to return this phone. Everything else works flawlessly with no Lag ever!
    I got a replacement due to random reboots. The replacement was a refurbished and the screen click is all screwed. Clicks okay in the center but not on the edges. The HW version was older than the one it replaced. It is sad that you pay this much for this phone and get crappy hardware.

I called Verizon and they are sending yet another replacement. This time they promised that I would receive a new device.

Mark
    Ball Ground, GA
    12-24-08 09:03 PM
    Still on my Canada made phone I bought on day 1. Aside from the minor .83 reboot issues I've had no problems at all. I love it.
    12-24-08 09:20 PM
    had to wait until the 3rd to get mine (From Canada) still running .75 and ZERO issues and never replaced
    12-24-08 09:33 PM
    Got mine on 11/26. Mexican made. No problems. I love it (although I'm sure if I obsessed over it I could find something wrong)

Looking for to next software update, the first made a big difference. Also looking forward to some themes.
    12-24-08 09:36 PM
    Got mine since Dec 11th and I'm still on my first one. I haven't had any problem with mind except for the corner click issue but the business card trick fixed it and I'm still loving mind.
    12-24-08 10:22 PM
    First one was made in Mexico, and it was absolutely FLAWLESS. Then a week later, some dust and other debris made it's way under my screen. Got my NEW replacement today which has a MFG date of 12-19-08, and it's a Mexico unit as well. Like the first one, it has a FLAWLESS screen. I hope dust doesn't deflower this beauty like it did my last one.
    12-24-08 10:39 PM
    I had the Mexico one and it kept freezing up on me. Got one from Canada and hasn't froze on me yet.
    12-24-08 10:57 PM
    I currently have my original that I bought on day 1, November 21st, and my 3rd in my hand. My first works just fine except for one flaw: While you are on your Homescreen, if you hit the menu key (seven white dots), you get a series of choices...the middle choice is an "options" choice that takes you to the Home Screen Preferences page. The problem that I had was that once I changed the "Set HomeScreen Layout" page and saved it, if I wanted to change back to the previous layout, the "options" choice didn't work. However, if I performed a soft reboot (remove the battery for 30 seconds), the Home Screen Preferences page came back.

I called Verizon/Blackberry support, and they decided to send out a replacement (I didn't request it, they just said that they would send one..I thought they could fix it with a software patch). However, the first replacement was a refirb and the face plate was all scratched up. So I called VZ again, and bitched about the screen being all scratched up, and they sent out a 3rd. Problem is......the same Home Screen Preferences thing happened.

So I have both side by side....the first came from Canada, and 3rd from Mexico. I too have the different screen lights: the Mexico one has a yellowish tint, the Canada one has a brighter blueish tint. The Mexico one has a better keyboard response, but seems to have a problem downloading a CNBC icon that the Canadian unit had no problem with. I talked with a supervisor yesterday out of Idaho, and supposedly, his top software technician will call me tomorrow to try to resolve both issues.
    12-25-08 12:16 PM
    My storm works pretty well. Its not flawless, my screen doesn't click the same everywhere, and it slides around a little bit but I'm not gonna get it replaced. It is entirely functional and with the mixed bag of units out there I consider myself rather lucky. Nothing is perfect as they say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    My thoughts exactly. It would be my luck to request a replacement and receive something that is worse off then my current phone. I will say this though, I'm glad I purchased the TEC Insurance..Since the click screen is a known problem (and the only partial problem I have with the phone), I'm pretty much covered for the duration of my contract if it gets any worse or I just can't take it anymore.
    12-25-08 12:54 PM
    Canada, no problems, great clicking great responses, OH & I soft reset daily having had BB's for years & KNOWING the memory leaks they ALL have.
    12-25-08 12:57 PM
    Guys, when calling Verizon for the replacements, do you guys leave the .83 version on it or do you revert back to .75?
    12-25-08 01:00 PM
    mines mexican and is perfect
    12-25-08 01:02 PM
    I'm reverting back to .75 before sending mine back, i would suggest you do the same.
    12-25-08 02:22 PM
    My storm was made in Canada and works perfectly. Ordered day one, no problems at all.
    12-25-08 02:27 PM
    order two; one for me, one for my boss. both canadian. both got replaced with far better storms (both canadian). the response from the clicking much better and the system is far faster. not sure what was wrong with the originals, but very satisfied now
    12-25-08 02:36 PM
160 ... 34567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD