Since the OP stated he would like to see a poll on this I have created one for everybody to vote on:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pol...-storm-114503/
    thank you! I didn't know how to do that or I would have in the beginning. I'm hoping there are a lot of people who never had to return them and we're just hearing from the unhappy but vocal minority. :-)
    12-12-08 08:54 PM
    I just sent back my 2nd replacement today and my third should be here Friday. 1 canada 1 mexico both no click in lower left corner.
    WOW... my phone is doing that right now. it's canadian. my replacement should arrive on tuesday... tracking said from ontario. i'll let you know how it turns out...
    12-12-08 08:56 PM
    thank you! I didn't know how to do that or I would have in the beginning. I'm hoping there are a lot of people who never had to return them and we're just hearing from the unhappy but vocal minority. :-)
    No problem
    12-12-08 09:05 PM
    Voting yes return the phone again and again until I get what I paid for "Carbon Coupe" eater.
    Last edited by mrmarcoangelo; 12-18-08 at 07:40 PM.
    12-18-08 07:19 PM
    Im thinking that at least half of the poeple sending these things back are the ones in the restaurant that send their food back at least once. On your third or forth phone.....HOLY GET SOMETHING ELSE BATMAN!! Seems you wont be happy with any of them. Maybe the functionality is not for you. Either get an iPhone or a different BB. Personally, I LOVE this thing. I notice there are some bugs here and there, but nothing compared to a Windoze Slobile OS. Maybe you are abusing them too much: maybe you all drink too much coffee or Monster drink and just cant wait that extra 85 milliseconds for the app to come up or the screen to rotate. Or, maybe you have a preconceived notion of how YOU think it should work and are just dissappointed. Videos are garbage, you have no idea what is activated or not on the unit.

Im taking a break from CB forums because all you complainers are ruining the forum. Theres more useless info than there is helpful. Its becoming disgusting.

Moderators: Idea: Maybe Sticky a single new post for complaints, rants (like this one ) "Im sending it back because...", my CS said this, ship date, and the like.

Out for a while....later days.

JC
    SEE ABOVE!
    12-19-08 01:28 PM
    Original - no issues, no replacement, Canadian.
    12-19-08 01:37 PM
    Mine is made in Canada and has been great in every regard.
    12-19-08 01:40 PM
    I don't remember where mine is from but I really haven't had any issues......I got mine on dec. 5

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-08 01:47 PM
    I like how VZW employee accounts handles replacements.

They'll ship you a brand new unit but charge your account another $200.

Really makes you pause before you go ahead and order another Storm over a semi-loose-well-maybe-it-is-maybe-it-isn't Send key.

Credit is obviously given back when you return one of the Storms but it usually takes 1 or 2 bill cycles for the credit to return.
    12-19-08 01:52 PM
    The phone seems to be fine if you don't break it. I recommend you don't break it.
    12-19-08 01:53 PM
    I still have my original. I got it on launch and have no problems at all. Everything clicks great and I just updated to .83 earlier today.
    12-19-08 01:55 PM
    Have original from 11/21 - no issues - works fantastic! Made in Canada.
    12-19-08 04:00 PM
    The phone seems to be fine if you don't break it. I recommend you don't break it.
    Sage advice! If only the word could get out to everyone! :-)
    12-19-08 06:45 PM
    still have mine from 11/22, just updated to 0.83 today. mine's from mexico.
    12-19-08 06:47 PM
    hi im new to this forum stuff me from the uk ive just ordered my 8900 curve hope i dont regret it!!!
    12-19-08 06:49 PM
    i was going for the storm but its only available on vodafone!!! me with orange!!
    12-19-08 06:50 PM
    any advice about the 3g lacking on the curve>???
    12-19-08 06:50 PM
    its amazing how the americans can be on their 3rd or 4th storm and canada has a shortage of the storm and most people here in canada cant even get 1 phone...thanks verizon.
    12-19-08 06:52 PM
    Still on my launch day one and no major issues. Sometimes need to hit end call button a few times

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by jvjosh19; 12-19-08 at 07:51 PM.
    12-19-08 06:53 PM
    I have my original Storm. Got it on the 1st, so probably part of the original batch. It sometimes screws up, but I've updated to every new firmware patch (now up to .83) and it's only gotten better.

I think I might've just lucked out. I'm happy with mine.
    12-19-08 06:54 PM
    I'm new to bb and kinda mixed feelings. 1st wk of os 4.5, wow i was hooked. Then started having problems with mms and now with email, going on 3rd curve @alltel. They dont seem to know why, they just tell me to get another one. I like that, but at the same time having to upgrade os and restore info each time is becoming loathesome. If anyone else has a cure or similar problem let me know.
    thanx
    ps it seems that each time i get a new one it'll work at first or it'll work later. either way not for long.
    12-20-08 09:36 AM
    Launch day unit from Canada - perfect screen click and zero software issues. Running official .75.
    12-20-08 09:58 AM
    I like how VZW employee accounts handles replacements.

They'll ship you a brand new unit but charge your account another $200.

Really makes you pause before you go ahead and order another Storm over a semi-loose-well-maybe-it-is-maybe-it-isn't Send key.

Credit is obviously given back when you return one of the Storms but it usually takes 1 or 2 bill cycles for the credit to return.
    First replacement arrived (late) today. Are they going to charge me for the battery that I forgot to put back in the box?
    12-24-08 01:41 PM
    no replacement for me
    12-24-08 01:44 PM
    Got mine on launch day. It's a Canadian unit. It Rocks! No Probs...

Merry Christmas to all!
    12-24-08 02:22 PM
160 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD