Could it be the screen prot that's causing that. The only reason I'm thiking that is I got my repl today and the screen looked a little funny. And the protector is not as smooth and shiny as my original one. Both of mine are the 19 ones and made in canada.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 12:06 AM
    For those who are talking about the color difference here is a picture it is not the best but you can see the difference. These phones have the EXACT settings. only difference is one is on .75 and on is on .76.
    Also one is made in Canada and one is made in Mexico!

that is quite noticable. it seems like some of these are made by elves and the others are made my chimps.
    12-11-08 12:15 AM
    Could it be the screen prot that's causing that. The only reason I'm thiking that is I got my repl today and the screen looked a little funny. And the protector is not as smooth and shiny as my original one. Both of mine are the 19 ones and made in canada.

are you talking about the plastic protective sheet that is on it when it's new? that's not a screen protector. it's just the shipping plastic.
    12-11-08 12:17 AM
    I got my storm on release day and have loved it ever since... of course like everyone i thought the accelerometer sucked and a few other things but i knew that would be fixed and i would just wait.

Then my wife got her Storm after we ordered it and we activated it 2 days ago and her screen is insanely different. It clicks everywhere. It makes everything so much more responsive, texting, emailing, switching through programs. So yes, after this, i called VZ CS and am now waiting on my first (and hopefully last) replacement... only time will tell i guess
    12-11-08 12:24 AM
    I bought my Storm on opening day. Only problem I have was the screen clicking issues in the corners and was made in Canada. Ordered replacement ( before I new about the torx fix) and just received yesterday. Made in Mexico and screen clicks better but it has the yellow tint screen and when the background is white you can see black tear drop like images at the bottom. Also under the screen protector that is applied at the factory there was so much dust and fibers it looked like someone brought there dog to their work station that day. Needless to say its going back.
    12-11-08 01:16 AM
    the people who complain and have said they returned their phones are here are the vocal minority.

The poll that was posted had something like 80% of the people happy with their 0.65 version Storm. With 0.75, that number has to have gone way up.
    12-11-08 01:23 AM
    i ordered my first on friday 11/21 at 6 am for sat delivry before 12. recieved. on 23rd ordered replacment due to grainy camera and no click. recieved second one. worked great.. except no gps, screen was bright and just not as detailed as first , and the flash for the camera looked like a regular yellow flash light bulb rather than my first one which was the blueish hint. ordered thrird and recieved overnight. wasw the 2.0... not 19052 like 2 previous. soon as i activated the screen would not click at all in lower corners. then while texting or gps i would try to type the letter w and the number 1 would show up instead. i hit 3 and r shows up.. so i now am using my 1st one because i have not returned and am going to the store when i get home from business. i dont know what to do. all phones had the .75 update and multiple battery pulls...
    12-11-08 01:40 AM
    What exactly is the business card trick or the screw trick?
    I'm pretty new at this.
    Mine is from Mexico too.
    12-11-08 01:41 AM
    1st one picked up for me on December 5th. It hasn't even been a full week but it's been great so far. There are still some quirks like video recording freezing a good portion of the time and the keyboard could still be faster and the browser needs to support flash and more apps but so far it's been good. And this is coming from a guy whose last phone was a nokia n95-3.
    12-11-08 03:16 AM
    What exactly is the business card trick or the screw trick?
    I'm pretty new at this.
    Mine is from Mexico too.
    there are multiple posts on the card trick, i think there's a sticky on the first page on it. the screw trick too, which most people seem to think works best and is a permanent fix.
    12-11-08 09:23 AM
    I had Mexican unit got replacement with Canadian.
    So far Canadian is better:

1) firm buttons
    2) no screen issue
    3) by some reason I think radio works better to. In my office I dont get very good coverage Mexican Unit showed me only 1 bar, now I get 2 bars
    12-11-08 09:52 AM
    Had mine since day 1, no issues made in Canada currently running .76
    12-11-08 09:55 AM
    are you talking about the plastic protective sheet that is on it when it's new? that's not a screen protector. it's just the shipping plastic.
    Uh Oh, that's just for shipping? I wondered why it's already worn out. I took the 1/3rd sized one with the descriptions for Menu and Back buttons off and AssUme D that I could leave the one underneath. Well, it looks like I'll be ordering a replacement after all. I tried bending the battery cover slightly to fix my click problem with only slight effect.
    12-11-08 10:40 AM
    Uh Oh, that's just for shipping? I wondered why it's already worn out. I took the 1/3rd sized one with the descriptions for Menu and Back buttons off and AssUme D that I could leave the one underneath. Well, it looks like I'll be ordering a replacement after all. I tried bending the battery cover slightly to fix my click problem with only slight effect.
    You're not supposed to bend the battery cover. there are 2 fixes people are using, one is to cut up a business card to match the size of the battery and use 2 layers (i think it was 2) and the other is to untighten the screws in 2 areas. you'll need to search for that fix but it's been well documented. there was a long thread on it. Look in most popular posts and i'm sure you'll find it.
    12-11-08 10:58 AM
    Original - Canada - Screen Click Issue (current)
    1st Replacement - Canada - Screen Click Issue (returned)
    2nd Replacement - awaiting ...

** Note, i love the phone and after the Torx trick its awesome. I just don't feel its right for them to force me to do something that they will use against me (prob. void my warranty) on a brand new device just to make it usable. If I get to replacement 5 Ill just keep the original
    So you loosened the screws and its perfect but you are sending it back anyway? Wtf is wrong with some of you people?

12-11-08 11:18 AM
    So you loosened the screws and its perfect but you are sending it back anyway? Wtf is wrong with some of you people?

I have been waiting for someone to bring that up... LOL Just doesn't make much sense. If it ain't broke (anymore) why send it back... There is no telling what other issues you may have with your replacement......
    12-11-08 11:23 AM

I will be thrilled if mine comes and that's all I have a problem with.
    12-11-08 12:05 PM
    Im thinking that at least half of the poeple sending these things back are the ones in the restaurant that send their food back at least once. On your third or forth phone.....HOLY GET SOMETHING ELSE BATMAN!! Seems you wont be happy with any of them. Maybe the functionality is not for you. Either get an iPhone or a different BB. Personally, I LOVE this thing. I notice there are some bugs here and there, but nothing compared to a Windoze Slobile OS. Maybe you are abusing them too much: maybe you all drink too much coffee or Monster drink and just cant wait that extra 85 milliseconds for the app to come up or the screen to rotate. Or, maybe you have a preconceived notion of how YOU think it should work and are just dissappointed. Videos are garbage, you have no idea what is activated or not on the unit.

Im taking a break from CB forums because all you complainers are ruining the forum. Theres more useless info than there is helpful. Its becoming disgusting.

Moderators: Idea: Maybe Sticky a single new post for complaints, rants (like this one ) "Im sending it back because...", my CS said this, ship date, and the like.

Out for a while....later days.

JC
    12-11-08 12:28 PM
    Im thinking that at least half of the poeple sending these things back are the ones in the restaurant that send their food back at least once. On your third or forth phone.....HOLY GET SOMETHING ELSE BATMAN!! Seems you wont be happy with any of them. Maybe the functionality is not for you. Either get an iPhone or a different BB. Personally, I LOVE this thing. I notice there are some bugs here and there, but nothing compared to a Windoze Slobile OS. Maybe you are abusing them too much: maybe you all drink too much coffee or Monster drink and just cant wait that extra 85 milliseconds for the app to come up or the screen to rotate. Or, maybe you have a preconceived notion of how YOU think it should work and are just dissappointed. Videos are garbage, you have no idea what is activated or not on the unit.

Im taking a break from CB forums because all you complainers are ruining the forum. Theres more useless info than there is helpful. Its becoming disgusting.

Moderators: Idea: Maybe Sticky a single new post for complaints, rants (like this one ) "Im sending it back because...", my CS said this, ship date, and the like.

Out for a while....later days.

JC
    I'm sure there are some who are guilty of that, but most of the people who list reasons for sending them back sound completely ligit to me.
    12-11-08 03:05 PM
    Well Storms 5 and 6 just arrived.

Mine: No click issues. No dust under the screen (though time will tell). The phone was made in Canada and came with .75.

Her's: No click issues. Came with either two dead pixels or dust under the screen, both are in a very obvious place (middle of the screen). I am leaning toward dust because you can only see it with a light background. The phone was made in Canada and came with .65. I think it is strange that her phone came with .65 when both were sent out on the same day.

When I ordered my replacements, the CSR said that they are "cannibalizing" the factory boxes and just taking the phones out and sending those out as replacements. I wonder if my wife received an original production and I happened to get a more recent one...?

I am going to activate mine and end up buying a holster to prevent dust....I guess.

Her phone is going back and we'll hope number 7 is better.
    12-12-08 07:36 PM
    Well Storms 5 and 6 just arrived.

Mine: No click issues. No dust under the screen (though time will tell). The phone was made in Canada and came with .75.

Her's: No click issues. Came with either two dead pixels or dust under the screen, both are in a very obvious place (middle of the screen). I am leaning toward dust because you can only see it with a light background. The phone was made in Canada and came with .65. I think it is strange that her phone came with .65 when both were sent out on the same day.

When I ordered my replacements, the CSR said that they are "cannibalizing" the factory boxes and just taking the phones out and sending those out as replacements. I wonder if my wife received an original production and I happened to get a more recent one...?

I am going to activate mine and end up buying a holster to prevent dust....I guess.

Her phone is going back and we'll hope number 7 is better.
    are they giving you any grief about sending so many back? I can't order mine until jan 15 so i'm hoping they will have worked out some of the worst kinks by then. I'm glad you have one good unit at least. How is her hardware, any other problems other than the dead pixels?
    12-12-08 07:40 PM
    I have my phone a week today & so far so good.
    12-12-08 07:41 PM
    are they giving you any grief about sending so many back? I can't order mine until jan 15 so i'm hoping they will have worked out some of the worst kinks by then. I'm glad you have one good unit at least. How is her hardware, any other problems other than the dead pixels?
    Her hardware is perfect...it's just that dust issue. I confirmed it is dust, you can easily see it when the phone is turned off.

Verizon has given me no grief at all....they have been nothing but helpful. All the replacements have come within 2-days.

I really like the phone, I just hope they iron out the couple hardware issues.
    12-12-08 07:48 PM
    Her hardware is perfect...it's just that dust issue. I confirmed it is dust, you can easily see it when the phone is turned off.

Verizon has given me no grief at all....they have been nothing but helpful. All the replacements have come within 2-days.

I really like the phone, I just hope they iron out the couple hardware issues.
    I'm curious about your screen also. I've noticed a lot of difference in the ones I've tried at the various stores in the amount of movement and space around the touch screen. I've seen one that had no discernable movement and I couldn't see light around it and others that had a totally different feel and the screen moved enough that it was bothering me. the one with the best feel also was the easiest to type on. I'm sure that's not a coincidence.
    12-12-08 08:45 PM
    Since the OP stated he would like to see a poll on this I have created one for everybody to vote on:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/pol...-storm-114503/
    12-12-08 08:46 PM
160 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD