Original - Canada - Screen Click Issue (current)
    1st Replacement - Canada - Screen Click Issue (returned)
    2nd Replacement - awaiting ...

** Note, i love the phone and after the Torx trick its awesome. I just don't feel its right for them to force me to do something that they will use against me (prob. void my warranty) on a brand new device just to make it usable. If I get to replacement 5 Ill just keep the original
    12-10-08 01:12 PM
    My area on the side of the screen and the bottom weren't as springy as the
    top and center. I consider it minor; but hey if I can get it close to perfect
    why not. Lets face it folks we are the testers...........................
    12-10-08 01:14 PM
    I just want to know how many people on here got REPLACEMENTS before verizon shipped out phones to people who ordered them the first time....I call and they tell me oh hopefully will get that to you by the 15th, one of these bozos calls and they get one overnight....AND YOU WONDER WHY THEIR BACKORDERED????!!!??
    I am guilty. I bought the phone on release day.. it died. I went to the store and they promptly shipped me a replacement. I must be a bozo.

So I guess it's my fault that Verizon chose to have a separate distribution of phones for those of us with issues.

I understand your frustration, but how would you feel if you bought the phone, got rid of your old one and then yours broke.. should I sit and wait for weeks to get my phone replaced while they continue to hand them out to new people while I have NO PHONE?

I didn't think you'd like that much either.

Calling those of us that got replacements BOZOS is a bit uncalled for.

It would be a MUCH uglier situation if Verizon sold ALL their stock and made anyone and everyone with issues wait a month for a new one. That would be a PR disaster.
    12-10-08 01:16 PM
    I am guilty. I bought the phone on release day.. it died. I went to the store and they promptly shipped me a replacement. I must be a bozo.

So I guess it's my fault that Verizon chose to have a separate distribution of phones for those of us with issues.

I understand your frustration, but how would you feel if you bought the phone, got rid of your old one and then yours broke.. should I sit and wait for weeks to get my phone replaced while they continue to hand them out to new people while I have NO PHONE?

I didn't think you'd like that much either.

Calling those of us that got replacements BOZOS is a bit uncalled for.

It would be a MUCH uglier situation if Verizon sold ALL their stock and made anyone and everyone with issues wait a month for a new one. That would be a Page Ranking disaster.
    I totally agree with you on this and I haven't got mine yet. Those with no other phone who have serious issues should be taken care of first. I know people waiting are anxious, but they're doing it the correct way imo.
    12-10-08 01:25 PM
    I just want to know how many people on here got REPLACEMENTS before verizon shipped out phones to people who ordered them the first time....I call and they tell me oh hopefully will get that to you by the 15th, one of these bozos calls and they get one overnight....AND YOU WONDER WHY THEIR BACKORDERED????!!!??
    You do know that there are different warehouses and like any company that sells products, they always have backup items for repairs and exchanges.

New orders and replacements are two different departments and have different allocations. Those such as myself who are receiving replacements arent even getting the full retail package. We're just getting the phone in a brown box.
    12-10-08 01:26 PM
    I think when you get your storm, and it has a problem (Hopefully it wont) then you can join all us BOZOS who just want what we paid for. If your phone when it arrives has a problem will you just say let everyone else get thiers first then I'll get mine fixed ????????????
    12-10-08 01:31 PM
    It seems like there isn't a lot of room for the price to drop, at least on a contract. With my NE2 upgrade, I paid $149. Wasn't the initial iPhone price insane, even with a contract?
    what is the usual time period between a new device and the improved version of it? it seems like it wasn't that long between the iphone and the iphone 3g, but maybe that's because I wasn't waiting on it. I'm just thinking that with all the hardware issues the storm is having they might come out with a newer version sooner rather than later? is that likely?
    12-10-08 06:50 PM
    what is the usual time period between a new device and the improved version of it? it seems like it wasn't that long between the iphone and the iphone 3g, but maybe that's because I wasn't waiting on it. I'm just thinking that with all the hardware issues the storm is having they might come out with a newer version sooner rather than later? is that likely?
    I wouldnt even compare with Apple iPhone. Apple releases a new product every year. Just look at the iPods and their Macs. You buy it now, next year, there is a new one. Not because there are problems or anything...Apple just likes to release a new product cuz they have the money.

Considering the Storm is a first of its kind...it all depends on if someone will compete with it and how it does. If Storm is still on top, there might be an improvement but depends on competition and how RIM's marketing/upper management deems when is a good time to release and what they have planned. We can only assume.
    Last edited by y2bandit; 12-10-08 at 07:18 PM.
    12-10-08 07:12 PM
    I didnt have too much of a problem with my screen and everything so i guess i got a "decent" phone on release day... but now my wife got hers and it is an insane difference!! the screen clicks everywhere and it makes everything seem easier. So ill give it some time for others to at least get one then i will be calling for a replacement
    12-10-08 07:20 PM
    I didnt have too much of a problem with my screen and everything so i guess i got a "decent" phone on release day... but now my wife got hers and it is an insane difference!! the screen clicks everywhere and it makes everything seem easier. So ill give it some time for others to at least get one then i will be calling for a replacement
    it's like playing blackberry roulette! You just don't know what storm you're going to get.
    12-10-08 07:27 PM
    I'm on my second. They shipped to me yesterday with the OLD OS. And it's still got problems, even after the OS update. I'm thinking of going to the curve.
    12-10-08 07:30 PM
    I have no idea where mine was made but it works fine.
    12-10-08 07:32 PM
    +1 ........
    12-10-08 07:36 PM
    I am on my first one and am pretty happy. I think, IMHO, that if you are not satisfied after your 1st replacement you should go elsewhere to get your service and phone. I think the new stuff just needs a couple of months to work the initial bugs out and then it starts to get better.

This is JMHO and I'm entitled to it....
    12-10-08 07:37 PM
    a lot of people have said the same thing, no problems from day one. I was trying to get an idea of what percentage of people were having hardware issues but it's really too hard to tell I guess. Most people who post are likely to be the ones who are having problems so it probably seems like a higher number of people than it really is. I just know my luck and I'll get a wonky one I'm sure. :-)
    12-10-08 07:37 PM
    Original phone since 11/26/2008. Made in Mexico now running .75 and doing great.
    12-10-08 07:38 PM
    My storm works pretty well. Its not flawless, my screen doesn't click the same everywhere, and it slides around a little bit but I'm not gonna get it replaced. It is entirely functional and with the mixed bag of units out there I consider myself rather lucky. Nothing is perfect as they say

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-10-08 07:46 PM
    Ive never had to have a phone replaced due to a defect...I dropped on ein the toilet, and my dog ate one, but thats it...everything else is fine....
    12-10-08 07:46 PM
    My Canadian Storm has been perfect since I took it out of the box on release day. It's my one and only. Lovin the Storm.
    12-10-08 07:47 PM
    No issues except my case pulled my "return key" off. Exchanged it for that. 2nd phone is fine too
    12-10-08 07:52 PM
    I'd like to see a poll to see how many people got good phones that didn't have to be replaced and how many are on 2nd, 3r or even 4th phones.
    Second batch of replacements are on their way for my wife and I. Both of our phones had hardware problems (screen click & dust). Our first replacements had hardware problems too (screen click & a back light/dead pixels issue).

The new new ones should be here on Friday...hope these are better.
    12-10-08 08:05 PM
    Second batch of replacements are on their way for my wife and I. Both of our phones had hardware problems (screen click & dust). Our first replacements had hardware problems too (screen click & a back light/dead pixels issue).

The new new ones should be here on Friday...hope these are better.
    so you are expecting phones 5 & 6 or 3 & 4? You said 2nd batch of replacements and I'm not sure if you mean they've already replaced them once and they were bad too...if so that's pretty discouraging.
    12-10-08 11:03 PM
    I loved my first unit, and would not have replaced it if not for the fact there seemed to be a dead spot on the touch screen, I was unable to click on I,K, or M .. so I replaced it .. my second one .. well lets just say number three is on its way ... (I agreed to a like new phone, seeing as someone has had to sit down with it and make sure it works.) and I will continue sending them back until I get a unit worthy of my 200...
    12-10-08 11:29 PM
    For those who are talking about the color difference here is a picture it is not the best but you can see the difference. These phones have the EXACT settings. only difference is one is on .75 and on is on .76.
    Also one is made in Canada and one is made in Mexico!

12-10-08 11:58 PM
    so you are expecting phones 5 & 6 or 3 & 4? You said 2nd batch of replacements and I'm not sure if you mean they've already replaced them once and they were bad too...if so that's pretty discouraging.
    We are expecting phones 5 and 6....and yes, it is discouraging.
    12-11-08 12:00 AM
160 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD