I'd like to see a poll to see how many people got good phones that didn't have to be replaced and how many are on 2nd, 3r or even 4th phones. I really want to order one and i'm not so much worried about the software issues as I know those will get resolved, but it seems like there is so many hardware issues, from the screens that don't click well, loose screens, buttons falling off etc. it seems like people are finding the mexico units are much better than the ones made in Canada. Is everyone finding this to be true?
    12-09-08 10:59 PM
    mine made in Canada and is fine...
    12-09-08 11:07 PM
    my Mexican unit is better than my Canadian one. but i did notice one thing different tho. i have a buddy of mine with one from Canada and when i set it next to mine from Mexico the screens are not the same color, even with the same exact settings. his white is a little brighter than mine. mine has a very very slight yellow tint and you can only tell if you have one that is brighter right next to it
    12-09-08 11:08 PM
    my canadian one has been fine since day one. And the only reason why it seems like more people are getting new phones is because those who are psised are more vocal about it. Those of us who are happy, such as myself, don't start threads saying i love it.
    12-09-08 11:09 PM
    Sorry to sound na�ve but how do u find out where your unit was made?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 11:12 PM
    Sorry to sound na�ve but how do u find out where your unit was made?

look at your box it will either say mexico or canada
    12-09-08 11:14 PM
    I have maxican one with screen problem. Getting replacement

12-09-08 11:15 PM
    Mine is made in Mexico and the only problem I have is the click screen. I did the business card trick and it has been fine. I may do the screw trick but there is no need for me to return this phone. Everything else works flawlessly with no Lag ever!
    12-09-08 11:19 PM
    I have a mexican too.. My only problem is the the clicking as well. I am going to try the screw trick myself and see what happens. Other that my phone runs fine..
    12-09-08 11:27 PM
    my Mexican unit is better than my Canadian one. but i did notice one thing different tho. i have a buddy of mine with one from Canada and when i set it next to mine from Mexico the screens are not the same color, even with the same exact settings. his white is a little brighter than mine. mine has a very very slight yellow tint and you can only tell if you have one that is brighter right next to it
    that's the exact dilemina i'm facing now. my replacment just arrived in a retail box today. both my phones are made in Canada but my old one has the yellowish tint and the new one has a more white blueish tint. the new one also has more solid click screen but the buttons are looser and falling off. I don't know which one to keep
    12-09-08 11:31 PM
    I just want to know how many people on here got REPLACEMENTS before verizon shipped out phones to people who ordered them the first time....I call and they tell me oh hopefully will get that to you by the 15th, one of these bozos calls and they get one overnight....AND YOU WONDER WHY THEIR BACKORDERED????!!!??
    12-09-08 11:33 PM
    Mine is mexican, and no issues!
    12-09-08 11:39 PM
    that's the exact dilemina i'm facing now. my replacment just arrived in a retail box today. both my phones are made in Canada but my old one has the yellowish tint and the new one has a more white blueish tint. the new one also has more solid click screen but the buttons are looser and falling off. I don't know which one to keep
    i wouldn't want to keep either. why should you have to keep a phone with hardware issues when it's brand new? I wonder why there are so many hardware issues. it seems like blackberry phones are usually very well constructed. has there been other models that have had hardware problems similar to this?
    12-09-08 11:53 PM
    Canada - ordered on day 1 - no issues at all.
    Never a reset/crash - good click all around - good response.
    12-10-08 12:25 AM
    Agreed. Canada Built. No issues, good clicking (not to hard not to soft). Good response running .76.
    12-10-08 12:30 AM
    that's great. i hope i have the same luck. it's scary reading all the problems but I love the phone. I've spent time with it twice at the retail store and one of the display models was different than the other one. had a loose screen with quite a bit of movement and the corners didn't click right. the other one felt totally different, but the software on it was really bugging out. ended up going to a white loading screen that never loaded.
    12-10-08 12:30 AM
    same phone from 21st early morning works great love it
    12-10-08 12:33 AM
    whats the business card trick? Send me via bb messenger. Thanks.
    12-10-08 12:35 AM
    i totally noticed that with one of my friends storm!
    12-10-08 12:37 AM
    Picked up my storm the day of launch. I have had only 1 crash and no clicking issues, and don't plan on sending it in anytime soon. People just expect way too much and send them back for any little issued. Especially after the new hardware, which we all know is not true.
    12-10-08 12:38 AM
    Picked up my storm the day of launch. I have had only 1 crash and no clicking issues, and don't plan on sending it in anytime soon. People just expect way too much and send them back for any little issued. Especially after the new hardware, which we all know is not true.
    anybody want to hazard a guess on when the storm II will come out? and I keep wondering if there will be a price reduction in 2 months like happened with the first iphone.
    12-10-08 12:18 PM
    Made in Canada. Running .75 from the factory. No issues.
    12-10-08 12:41 PM
    anybody want to hazard a guess on when the storm II will come out? and I keep wondering if there will be a price reduction in 2 months like happened with the first iphone.
    It seems like there isn't a lot of room for the price to drop, at least on a contract. With my NE2 upgrade, I paid $149. Wasn't the initial iPhone price insane, even with a contract?
    12-10-08 12:43 PM
    I just sent back my 2nd replacement today and my third should be here Friday. 1 canada 1 mexico both no click in lower left corner.
    12-10-08 12:45 PM
    if there is a click problem on my new replacement I am just going to do the Torx trick, as long as everything else runs the screws alone seem to make the click customizable to your liking... so I don't recommend going through TS/CS just to fix the click anymore.
    12-10-08 01:02 PM
160 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD