Since updating to .109 I've been annoyed that there is no longer the capability to set your Call Log to the left convenience key. I found a post on here that said that there was a secondary option to your green button, so that when you held it down it went to your phone book and not to whatever you have set as your primary option. What I was wanting to do was change my primary option to the call log and the secondary option to the dialpad. However, I can not for the life of me figure out if there is a way to change the secondary option. If anyone has any knowledge on this it would be greatly appreciated. TIA...
    03-25-09 02:20 PM
    you can have the phone app open to the call log, the dialpad, or the contacts page on primary launch. open up the phone and dig through the options (BB Key->Options). i'll give you the exact way in a second...phone's just booting up from an upgrade.

Okay, phone's up. Open up the dialpad. Hit the Menu Key (BB key) and go to options. Right there at the top of the list is General Options. Click it. 5th option down is "Initial View." you can change that to dial pad, call log, contacts, or previous. Now whenever you launch the phone via the phone key it will start on your selection. Holding the key down will bring up the contacts list. That, however, cannot be changed. Sorry. Best of luck!
    Last edited by coolsoundingme; 03-25-09 at 03:53 PM.
    03-25-09 03:42 PM
    Hey thanks a lot for the response. I love to see people taking a little time out of their day to help someone else out. It's a nice change from some of the angry posts you find in the OS forum.

Anyway, I knew how to change the initial view, but I was really wanting to change that secondary view. I was beginning to think there wasn't a way to change it. I was really hoping that someone out there in Crackberry land with more knowledge than I could steer me in the right direction, but unfortunately, I guess it just can't be done. Again, thanks for giving it a shot, I appreciate it!
    03-25-09 04:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD