Was 7th in line even though I had an employee promise to hold one for me, but her manager over rode that.

They only got 5 in. They gave me a voucher and told me that they will be getting a second shipment in today at 3:00 and I will for sure get one with that shipment.

Am I being taken for a ride, should I just order for Saturday delivery, or are stores actually getting a second shipment?

And how does a store located in downtown CHICAGO only get 5 phones in??!?
    11-21-08 07:24 AM
    are you talking about the one on lasalle st? I got at 7:15, 15 minutes before they open and they were already sold out. I talked to the reps and they said that they opened at 5 am because corporate told them to open the store if they see anyone outside. Apparently, they only got 10 phones and were sold out after 10 mins. They said the "bigger" stores only got 20 phones and that the waiting list for that store had over 150 people on it...

I ended up getting the phone for $150 (corporate discount = no MIR + $50 NE2) and they will overnight it to me for free. It sucks not having it now but it sure beats waiting outside in the chicago winter
    11-21-08 07:48 AM
    are you talking about the one on lasalle st? I got at 7:15, 15 minutes before they open and they were already sold out. I talked to the reps and they said that they opened at 5 am because corporate told them to open the store if they see anyone outside. Apparently, they only got 10 phones and were sold out after 10 mins. They said the "bigger" stores only got 20 phones and that the waiting list for that store had over 150 people on it...

I ended up getting the phone for $150 (corporate discount = no MIR + $50 NE2) and they will overnight it to me for free. It sucks not having it now but it sure beats waiting outside in the chicago winter
    I was at the one in the Ogilve train station at 6:30, then walked over to the LaSalle one. The one in Ogilve said they are getting a second shipment today.
    11-21-08 08:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD