Learn how to ask questions. This isn't a problem with CB in itself, but to scroll through hundreds of threads, mostly titles that say "omg phone lags hlp plz!"...it's no surprise we get tons of stupid questions every day!

If you're going to ask a question, ask part of it in the thread title so people that come after you can actually use the search function.
    03-23-09 10:44 PM
    This made me LOL!!!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-23-09 11:24 PM
    Based on the content of your message, shouldn't the title actually be 'the posters on this forum suck?"
    03-23-09 11:37 PM
    I have found on most forums, your search = hundreds of threads or 1 or 2 that really do not apply. And so you get fed up and start a new thread to get the lovely response " Use the search function".
    03-23-09 11:40 PM
    Based on the content of your message, shouldn't the title actually be 'the posters on this forum suck?"
    LOL I have noticed numerous threads that are titled various forms of HELP ASAP
    03-23-09 11:42 PM
    Actually, the search does kinda suck, but only for people who don't know how to use it. By default, the little Search dropdown searches ALL the forums. You noobs need to hit Advanced and select just the Storm forum to find specifics to the Storm. A lof of you haven't figured that one out yet for some reason.
    03-23-09 11:48 PM
    You don't derserve to have a storm if you can't navigate this site.
    03-23-09 11:50 PM
    Actually, the search does kinda suck, but only for people who don't know how to use it. By default, the little Search dropdown searches ALL the forums. You noobs need to hit Advanced and select just the Storm forum to find specifics to the Storm. A lof of you haven't figured that one out yet for some reason.
    The Dr House pic fits the answer perfectly, I approve
    03-23-09 11:51 PM
    Or just use "Search this forum"
    03-23-09 11:56 PM
    You don't derserve to have a storm if you can't navigate this site.
    Or maybe it should be that you deserve a storm if you can't navigate this site.

IMHO, CB's search is OK, it's like how the OP says, the people who post with the inane titles are part of the problem.
    03-24-09 07:51 AM
    Two other options for searching this or any other site....

If you have Google toolbar installed, simply open www.crackberry.com in your browser, enter your search terms in the toolbar, and click "search site" in the grop down menu.

If no Google toolbar, visit here....

Google Site Search

Add "www.crackberry.com" to the field labeled Enter a site URL: and your search terms in the Query field.
    03-24-09 08:00 AM
    Nah... the OP has a point. Not that the search function here sucks or we do not know how to use it. Problem is there are just too many damn users here at out lovely CB! Thats a good thing though. Searching a popular forum is difficult unless you know exactly what your looking for and can think of good keywords for the search. But even then it would require the posters of the threads to use the same keywords and for you to know the terminology of the subject you are seeking answers to.

You will still have to read between the lines on most things. I have searched for a few items on CB (being a new BB owner) and was relegated to having to look through a ton of posts. Once I learned the terminology I still could not find what I was looking for because my questions had only been discussed briefly in relation to other related topics. But never a specific answer to what I was looking for.

The point? Use the search, but when all else fails post a consice and to the point thread. You will get answers. The people here are generally helpfull. I have not seen all too many flames, just people having light-hearted fun with eachother. Which I personally think is fine. We would all be basket cases otherwise.
    03-24-09 08:04 AM
    I use google__________ Crackberry

Insert question or problem in blank. Doing this will bring up posts with answers from crackberry
    03-24-09 08:07 AM
    I use google__________ Crackberry

Insert question or problem in blank. Doing this will bring up posts with answers from crackberry
    yep same hear
    03-24-09 08:08 AM
    Or they can go into whatever forum they want to search and click the "search this forum" button...

I have no problem with the search function on the forum. It's just like the search function on every other forum that I'm on.
    03-24-09 08:15 AM
    Learn how to ask questions. This isn't a problem with CB in itself, but to scroll through hundreds of threads, mostly titles that say "omg phone lags hlp plz!"...it's no surprise we get tons of stupid questions every day!

If you're going to ask a question, ask part of it in the thread title so people that come after you can actually use the search function.
    The search function allows you to search within the content of threads, not just titles.
    03-24-09 08:26 AM
    Something else that helps. Read the first page of thread titles before asking a new question. Too after lately I have been seeing people ask the same question that is 3 or4 threads down. To me that is a sign that they just are not reading before they decide to open a new thread. Then you end up with a bunch of "search" answers.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 08:35 AM
    This cracked me up!

I agree with JRSCCivic98...very nicely done sir!
    03-24-09 08:41 AM

1)I agree that people should learn how to title threads. This has been a huge pet peeve of mine.

2)When performing a search, search posts rather than topics

3)Search Google...I hear they have a decent reputation for searches
    03-24-09 08:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD