i have a small scuff on the top black part of my storm that is driving me nuts!! someone said a mr clean magic eraser would help, should i try that??? sorry my berry is my 2nd child and its driving me crazy looking at this scuff!
    03-31-09 09:28 AM
    I would just try some warm water and a cloth. If it doesn't come off then just forget about it and get a rubber case. Your phone is going to get scratches eventually. If its really bothering you, call verizon and tell them your phone keeps rebooting or something and get a replacement.

Don't try to order and replace the piece. That piece is extremely difficult to change because there are wires attached to the inside of it and it is glued on. Even if you have the right equipment to re solder the wires on, it will never look right when you try to glue it.
    03-31-09 11:21 AM
    If its really bothering you, call verizon and tell them your phone keeps rebooting or something and get a replacement.
    We have the answer to the question about the american economy ladies and gentleman.

/me looks at his increasing insurance premiums and wonders why.
    03-31-09 12:45 PM
    Ecomony... hahahaha. That was perfect!

I used this stuff called "Ice Creme" to polish my iPod when the screen got a bunch of micro-scratches. It is designed for Acrylic, Polocarbonate, and Bright Metal surfaces. It is made by Radtech.

You may want to try that.

Good luck.

J.
    03-31-09 01:38 PM
    Yes mbvdlza. Swapping a mobile device for a refurb during the 1 year warranty period is the one and only reason for the downward turn of the global economy. FYI warranties do not require an insurance policy or premium.

God, i really hope that you have a meaningless job and you are not in charge of anybody's financial or general well-being.
    03-31-09 02:35 PM
    excuse me for working very hard as a college student to pay for this phone, and i'm sorry it is important to me so no i am not in charge of anything major people. I JUST LOVE MY STORM.
    thanks for the other ideas tho, they will come in great use for my ipod touch and other electronics!!
    03-31-09 05:52 PM
    and i wasn't going to SWAP it for that, geez i just wanted some suggestions for buffing out minor scratches. people need to learn some manners seriously. and i bet the job i get when i finish school won't be meaningless. =)
    03-31-09 05:54 PM
    I think you misunderstood Jesslovesjeter2. My comment was directed at mbvdlza. If you read over his comment, he made reference to device swapping and its effect on the economy. And went further by saying that my insurance premiums must be high because of this. My 2nd post in this thread was directed at him and him only. If you look at my first post you can see that I was really trying to give you a solution for your problem. I can't stand marks on my phone either.
    I hope you read this so you aren't hesitant to post a question next time.
    03-31-09 06:14 PM
    sorry to that. i was skimming very quickly and wasn't paying total attention =) i tend to do that when i am multitasking. and no i won't be hesitant to post, this is a great source of info for BB users of all kinds, and we can't help what people say on these forums sometimes. thank you so much for the defense!
    03-31-09 06:33 PM
    I'm glad you checked the post again. Sorry for the confusion and good luck with your studies.
    03-31-09 06:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD