A friend has the I phone. When you scroll up or down it scrolls a bit further than to ask it to , kind of like LACK of a brake.

Does this make sense.

I was wondering of the storm has that feature or setting.

Thanks
    12-12-08 09:41 PM
    I didn't like that about the iphone either. The storms scroll is a lot more precise and tight, and your not accidently opening things because you have to press the screen.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 09:45 PM
    True but it does make scrolling through a long page tedious. It should at least be an option, ESPECIALLY since the click screen would prevent accidental selections.

First post from my BB. The addiction is really setting in.
    12-12-08 09:54 PM
    No it does not have this feature. I like it better. It keeps your from scrolling past where you want to be in a page.
    12-12-08 09:56 PM
    i wouldnt mind it being alittle faster
    12-12-08 10:34 PM
    what is hoover speed ?

what is tap interval ?>
    12-12-08 10:36 PM
    i think your mistaken..

what you don't realize right off the bat is that your finger is the break on the iPhone.

if you have a super long page to get down on you just flick for super scrolls..

if you want to stop you touch..
    and it stops instantly

at first it was weird but once you use it you would wish it was on the storm..

it makes scrolling long things alot easier..

I am not complaining but thats one feature I wont nock on the iPhone.

another feature that is complained about by storm owners is pinch zoom in the browser..

people were saying its so in precise...

I love my storm but pinch zooming was miles ahead of this double tap zoom stuff..

its was 100 percent more precise.. I am actually hoping one of these third party browsers coming up support it..

the screen can do it. its multi touch so it would work..

at first the pinch zooming felt weird but im telling you if you use it for a week its incredibly precise and accurate..

there is things I don't like about the phone but there is definitely a few things they nailed on the head..
    Last edited by noaim; 12-12-08 at 10:45 PM.
    12-12-08 10:40 PM
    its called Flick scrolling with the iphone, I dont know why the storm didnt come with it.... we need this!
    12-12-08 10:42 PM
    Hopefully we can see this feature. Long lists are a pain. Iphone honestly got it right with the touch screen, but it doesn't mean the storm should not implement it.

The G1 also has flick scrolling.
    12-12-08 10:54 PM
    yeah i would have to say that sounds like a great feature if your finger is the break...
    i get slightly irritated when i am trying to close an app and the super laundry list of selections come up and all i want to do is click close.
    it isn't often, but it would be cool to have instead of swiping 2-3 times to get to the bottom of the list

oh and i think everyone would like the zoom feature...nobrainer! neat function
    12-12-08 10:59 PM

I love my storm but pinch zooming was miles ahead of this double tap zoom stuff..

its was 100 percent more precise..

Really? You think pinch zoom is better than just taping on your screen to zoom? IMO it is the opposite. When people have tried to show me pinch zoom it goes something like this..

Me: show me how the pinch thing works

Them: Sure you just do this... wait .. like this.. sh1t.. you have to get it just right .... sh1t... well it is really cool I just can't do it correctly right now. (nervous laugh)

Me: Uh.. right

I guess it is all personal pref
    12-12-08 11:10 PM
    it works on the storm. I downloaded the WSJ app and it features the flick scroll. I like it. Wish it was an option in conacts.
    12-12-08 11:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD