After hours of research, ordering an invisible shield, and returning it after seeing a scary youtube video, along with trying the cheap Verizon screen protectors and buying the Seidio screen guard and it becoming too dirty to apply before I even got it near my Storm, I have decided to just go with nothing. Anybody else with me? I also have the tire tread verizon silicone case which I like, but it really dampens the vibrate alert, and since I am most concerned about the screen and it is going to be unprotected, I have taken that off as well. Anybody else? I know I have seen conflicting information about how easy it is to scratch the screen. I put my phone in my pocket with nothing else in it, so I;m hoping it will be ok.
    02-12-09 02:00 PM
    have you looked at these ? Best Skins Ever, Inc. Home Page
    02-12-09 02:01 PM
    Yeah, I have considered BSE. I had the screen guard only on my Treo and it was fine, but my girlfriend had the full body version on her Q and it was too glossy for me. Has anybody checked this out:

BlackBerry Storm/Thunder 9500 9530 Screen Protector

The ability to be removed and reapplied is very appealing
    02-12-09 02:04 PM
    ive been naked since day 1, not even a silicone case. no screen protector or anything.
    02-12-09 02:09 PM
    I'm there with you.. cept using a Silicone BB cover for "drop" protection... And @ work I use OtterBox !
    02-12-09 02:11 PM
    ive been naked since day 1, not even a silicone case. no screen protector or anything.
    You not naked then...
    There's still the factory one installed...
    I took it ALL OFF !!!
    LOVE the feel and easier to clean too...
    02-12-09 02:12 PM
    i use an otterbox as well but instead of the membrane i use the bse on my screen. i don't want to risk any scratches lol
    02-12-09 02:13 PM
    I took the factory installed screen guard off to try the Verizon ones and I regretted it instantly. It is definitely the best thing I have tried. In fact, it was EASIER to swipe with that on than with nothing.
    02-12-09 02:13 PM
    naked for me. all I use is the seidio spring slip
    02-12-09 02:16 PM
    I have a verizon silicon protector as well, i dont use it. Get stuck in my pocket/falls off all the time. I had the verizon screen protectors, i ran out about a month ago(to many returned phones) so until yesterday i was going case/display protector free. Absolutely zero problems. Waiting until i get my next new phone before i apply the new pack of protectors i bought.
    Yeah I holster mine with a screen guard on it.....so I guess I am not naked.

I'm with ya dude, it's been rocking it's birthday suit for about 2 weeks now. Now, totally fine and no scratches on the screen.
    02-12-09 02:17 PM
    i can't do naked... too scared... must keep screen protector on!
    02-12-09 02:17 PM
    I go naked....... Just keep it in pocket with nothing else.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-12-09 02:23 PM
    I've personally have always gone naked on every phone i've owned. No problems with the storm's durability so far except for the dust under my screen. But hey that's what the 1 year warranty is for.

02-12-09 02:26 PM
    I'm too terrified to go naked.
    02-12-09 02:29 PM
    My fingers are too greasy to go naked, unfortunately.
    02-12-09 02:32 PM
    You not naked then...
    There's still the factory one installed...
    I took it ALL OFF !!!
    LOVE the feel and easier to clean too...
    nope, i removed that right after the half sticker labeling the menu button, its stripped right down to the bone.
    02-12-09 02:37 PM
    I'm naked too. Used to use a silicone protector, but i hated having to stuff my pocket back into my pants everytime I pulled my phone out. Had the same Storm since November: no dust, no scratches.
    02-12-09 02:38 PM
    I've personally have always gone naked on every phone i've owned. No problems with the storm's durability so far except for the dust under my screen. But hey that's what the 1 year warranty is for.

Are you sure that they will replace your Storm under warranty for dust under the screen?
    02-12-09 02:39 PM
    My bb is too young to play naked. It had better have something decent on if its going out!

02-12-09 02:40 PM
    I'm kind of a half-nakey type person. While I'm at home, I'm typically nakey. But when I leave the house, I put it in my plastic Verizon case that was given to me. The two pieces generally sit on the passenger seat of my car when not in use.

Screen protectors, I'm never in a rush to get them, not using one now. When I'm near the store, I'll pick some more up.
    02-12-09 02:43 PM
    Wouldn't worry about it, bro. I've had my phone with no skins or case for about a month now. Still looks perfect, no scratches, no dings, etc. Of course, I've never dropped it...
    02-12-09 02:49 PM
    Dammit. I thought you meant NAKED NAKED. Let me put my clothes back on........
    02-12-09 03:00 PM
    Dammit. I thought you meant NAKED NAKED. Let me put my clothes back on........
    02-12-09 03:00 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD