I've had my Storm since December and I use it very frequently. It's still in mint condition and looks brand new. My only question is how durable is the screen since it is a button and button's tend to get worn out after a while. I guess I can deal with the movement of the screen, but I just hope that it will be able to withstand the constant text messaging and clicking. How long will the screen hold up? Has anyone else thought about this or have a reasonable answer to this question? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and did search around a bit, so sorry if this thread is already out there some where.
    02-08-09 06:55 PM
    I've had my Storm since December and I use it very frequently. It's still in mint condition and looks brand new. My only question is how durable is the screen since it is a button and button's tend to get worn out after a while. I guess I can deal with the movement of the screen, but I just hope that it will be able to withstand the constant text messaging and clicking. How long will the screen hold up? Has anyone else thought about this or have a reasonable answer to this question? I'm not sure if this has been mentioned and did search around a bit, so sorry if this thread is already out there some where.
    Like everything else there is wear. It all comes down to how you use it. Ive seen people press down on the screen as if they are trying to push it out the other side.
    02-08-09 07:22 PM
    only time will tell...there is probably some stat somewhere in RIM that has an estimate life on its usefulness.
    02-08-09 07:24 PM
    I've had it since early December as well with no problems. I suspect that by the time you realize there's wear on the button, you'll be wanting a newer, hotter phone anyway.
    02-08-09 07:24 PM
    there are alot of technology illiterate people with any touch screen not just the storms screen that press it as hard they possibly can thinking that makes a difference.
    02-08-09 07:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD