I noticed two days ago when it was 23 degrees and I was using my Storm outside that the screen didn't click very well until it got out of the cold. Today its 10 degrees and when I tried to use the Storm outside the screen barely moved. I live in Pennsylvania and although its cold outside I'm sure its colder in other places where people are using Storms.

Is anyone else having this issue?
    01-16-09 10:11 AM
    Did you have gloves on while trying to use?

Here in DC/NoVA it was 8 degrees last night and my storm was fine
    01-16-09 10:15 AM
    If you are using gloves, you will find it's very difficult to use.
    01-16-09 10:17 AM
    Yeah, I forgot to put that in there...

Wont work w/ gloves on...
    01-16-09 10:19 AM
    It was -18 (not including windchill) here in Illinois this morning and I was Storming as I was letting the car warm up before work. The screen/click seemed fine to me... my cold fingers were the problem.

I'm with marlin. Using gloves made anything other than very basic navigation was almost impossible.
    01-16-09 11:07 AM
    I was just in 0 degree weather in state college pa and my scren clicks still. No gloves so my hands were mad cold. I can attest to losing some feeling in cold weather so maybe you think you are pressing hard enough but do to the loss of touch sensitivity you need to press harder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-16-09 11:08 AM
    I noticed this when I left my phone in my car for a few hours while it was 0* out (oops). Also the talk,end,etc. buttons were hard to press. There wasn't much vertical movement and the pushed didn't register until the phone warmed up a bit.
    01-16-09 11:24 AM
    I have been having the same issues with my screen in the cold. It seems to stick each time I click. Sometimes I have to gove it a shake for it to come back up.

01-16-09 11:27 AM
    If I was in those temps I wouldn't click either. Stay warm guys I really dont see how you do it I was complaining about 36 degrees.
    01-16-09 11:31 AM
    You shoulds move to Southern California... you won't have that issue anymore.
    01-16-09 12:12 PM
    I'm in northeast Pa, and it was appx -5 last night, --25 with the wind chill...First off...I need to move to florida or something, but I was storming while having a smoke (my wife makes me smoke outside...she wears the pants i guess), and it worked great...no problems whatsoever...except for the fact that I couldn't feel anything, because I was FROZEN, but it seemed to work fine.
    01-16-09 12:36 PM
    GQatHQ asked if I was wearing gloves. Nope no gloves, just cold hands. Now that I've been inside for a while the screen seems to not click as well as it had been.

My storm works pretty well although I had to do the torx screw thing when I first got it. I'm cautious about returning it for fear of getting one with a worse problem
    01-16-09 12:39 PM
    My first post on this site. Hello all. I must agree with the issue on cold weather. I think it's unlikely that you can just simply walk outside into the cold and then have a problem. I don't believe that is what is being said here. I'm a big fisherman and have always taken my Olympus camera and my phone (various models) into 20f weather for up to 8 hours. The storm is the only device that I have seen noticeable degradation. As much as I want to love this phone, I'm becoming increasingly disappointed. I'm really hoping for a good update to keep me feeling "warm and cozy" (pun intended)
    01-16-09 01:09 PM
    My Storm "clicked" just fine this morning when it was -25 air temp, but the screen response wasn't as fast as normal, which is to be expected. I was just upset at myself for taking my gloves off to answer a text message. 30 seconds and a string of curse words later, I gave up the effort and waited till the car warmed up.
    Last edited by caughtintheundertow; 01-16-09 at 02:16 PM. Reason: Grammar
    01-16-09 02:15 PM
    Device operating temperature is 32�F to 104�F
    Like most electronics they have a working range. Some products are made to work in extremes, hot or cold. Just like the Olympus 1030SW Camera is made to work down to 14�F degrees, I wouldnt expect the Storm to snap a picture in zero degree weather.
    On another note, where is this global warming they keep talking about? its in the negatives here. brrrrr!!!!
    01-16-09 02:28 PM
    Shouldn't that be expected in the cold? What works well in the cold besides penquins, polar bears, and Inuits?

Storm inside where it's warm.
    01-16-09 03:57 PM
    Screen click is ok but when my hands were really cold the screen would not recognize where my fingers were

01-16-09 05:14 PM
    For those who don't have the screen problems in the cold, did you make the torx screw adjustment? And the same question to those of you who are having problems in the cold. I'm wondering if they're related. A new Storm is on the way but I'm curious is this adjustment may have caused the problem.
    01-22-09 12:50 PM
    It was 27 degrees last night in Central Florida and my BB Storm was rolling with the punches. I took it outside to see if the cold weather would affect the screen response and it passed with flying colors!
    Sure, as long as my gloves were off. But what is a little frostbite when you can test the limits of your BB Storm? Hehehe!
    01-22-09 12:59 PM
    Mine stops clicking outside and I have done the screw adjustment

01-22-09 01:13 PM
    try the business card fix just slide one behind your battery and it will make the screen a lot more responsive and it was -19 and i was storming away with no problem
    01-22-09 01:24 PM
    Did you have gloves on while trying to use?

Here in DC/NoVA it was 8 degrees last night and my storm was fine
    I am in NOVA too and my phone has only struggled in single digit temperatures once, and the issue was that it lagged really bad, not that it wouldn't click.
    01-22-09 01:46 PM
    I got my replacement Storm Friday and I've been in the cold several times. The screen works fine and there was no need to do the torx adjustment with this one. I'm wondering if doing the torx adjustment may have lead to the cold weather problem on my first phone.
    01-26-09 10:10 AM
    Experienced the same weather conditions in pennsylvania but the phone worked perfectly...
    01-26-09 10:52 AM
    The physical screen and the click mechanism on the storm are no different than any other piece of matter, they like to literally freeze up if you keep them outside under freezing conditions I.E. 23 degrees.
    01-26-09 11:08 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD