Hi everyone,

I got a replacement Storm this week and am wondering why the screen on this one turns off a couple seconds into a call (the buttons on the bottom stay lit). I had an old OS on my previous phone so I'm not sure if this is just part of the last "upgrade". I have the setting "automatically dim backlight" set to off and can't seem to find any other settings that might be able to change this. It's pretty obnoxious when I'm on calls that you have to punch in numbers for, because I have to keep pressing the screen every couple seconds to turn it back on.

Any advice?
    04-16-10 11:08 AM
    Changes the second of dim light. Yeah, when your in call the screen will dimmed. You exchanges the bb for screen update? If so, How is it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 11:11 AM
    I did that, it's set to 20 seconds, but the screen goes completely dark as soon as a call connects. If I click the screen it comes back on but turns off again within a couple seconds if I don't push any buttons. Pretty annoying if you're calling a bank or whatever and have to be keying things in.

No I exchanged it because my last storm died. I just hadn't updated the last OS on it when that came out a few months ago. This one has the most recent OS which I'm not too fond of.

Speaking of things I'm not fond of. Is there any way to have not have text messages grouped together by the sender? It wasn't like this on my old berry, used to just be individually listed...
    04-16-10 11:23 AM
    My device does turn the screen off during a call, but it seems as though its some sort of face detection, I no longer mute calls by mistake. It seems to work in a positive manner.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-10 01:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD