I'm considering getting a Storm and went to the VZW store to try it out. I'd read about how bad the store models are for lag, and it was certainly true. Lots of lag, lots of inadvertant voice dialing popping up (probably my fault) and lots of the screen bringing up the clock for no apparent reason. I expected a lot of that and believe it can be fixed for the most part. However, I was disappointed that the screen slid around the phone. Inside the face plate, the screen slid a lot in all directions.

Is that normal for the phone? Is that something to worry about after having the phone for a while? That part of it seemed cheap or broken. Thoughts?
    11-29-08 01:28 PM
    Yeeeeaa mine does a little bit. The screen is a big button, so it has some give in all directions.

I haven't found it to be a problem. I send about 100 texts a day, not including emails and trolling forums and I've had no issues.

I'm sure someone'll post saying how their screen fell off and broke their toe causing them to fall down on top of their newborn kitten that didn't make it and the shock from that killed their girlfriend who collapsed down the stairs only to land on your dog - who survived with minor bruises.

So..... Yea mine's fine.
    11-29-08 01:31 PM
    The hardware of my phone is firm...no moving screen in all directions. You do have the movement of the click screen, but that's the make of the phone. The screen itself does not move side to side, but gives when pressed.
    Last edited by Princess_Storm; 11-29-08 at 01:34 PM. Reason: .
    11-29-08 01:32 PM
    my screen jiggles, but i haven't found it to be a problem. lovin my storm
    11-29-08 01:39 PM
    Please don't base it off the one in the store. I almost did that and didnt' get the phone and WOW i'm glad I didnt'!! I love this phone.
    11-29-08 01:40 PM
    The screen slides a little bit on mine but not enough to bother me. No lag though, I got the software patch in mine before they shipped it. The ones at the Verizon store are old and are really slow. They don't have the updates so don't worry.
    11-29-08 01:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD